• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA can't do it but its competitors can

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have not flown SQ for the longest time ...CX always to North America.

I fly SQ for my business travel.

For personal, I either fly Budget or any Asian airlines (including SQ) that offers the better price and timing.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should do the opposite for the same reasons. Why would they want to hurt their arab bothers instead of USA, the Great Satan?

ISIS and Al Qaeda don't see the current Arab rulers as brothers. Have you not seen videos of how these crazies execute their 'brothers'?

Arabs flying an Arab airline are not likely to be scrutinized closely. If Arabs fly Yankee airlines, lots of attention will be given to them.

Fly Yankee airlines ...they have at least one, usually two, air marshal on board. Pilots could also be armed.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
S E Asia is important for carriers in short-haul routes (hence the proliferation of budget airlines) but has become increasingly marginalised in the long-haul business. Multiple factors are generating that latter dynamic. SIA can only thrive if it buys into airlines in either Northeast Asia or Australia. Thus far, however, it has been unsuccessful on that front.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You cannot use the 'flying tractor' A340 for this sector.What was it 17hrs?

CX can use their B777ER and do a sling-shot over the Pole.

I have flown Cathay Pacific from YYZ to HKG (on a B777ER) and onward to Singapore, and found CX using HKG as a hub to be very convenient.

I have also flown EVA Air from YYZ to TPE, and onward to Singapore, and found EVA Air to be OK, except that their default language is Mandarin, and their inflight service to be less than satisfactory.

Based on my limited experience, it appears that SIA could be losing business due to passengers flying Cathay Pacific and EVA Air.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S E Asia is important for carriers in short-haul routes (hence the proliferation of budget airlines) but has become increasingly marginalised in the long-haul business. Multiple factors are generating that latter dynamic. SIA can only thrive if it buys into airlines in either Northeast Asia or Australia. Thus far, however, it has been unsuccessful on that front.

Not suprised that SIA is having problems
SIA is just another PAP GLC. GLCs can only thrive if they have a monopoly with big brother's protection.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is just not feasible to fly long distance anymore. For US, it is best served by emirates, etihad, turkey airlines, cathay, jal, ana, european airlines etc.can fly anywhere you want from their hubs. We are directly on the other side of US.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is just not feasible to fly long distance anymore. For US, it is best served by emirates, etihad, turkey airlines, cathay, jal, ana, european airlines etc.can fly anywhere you want from their hubs. We are directly on the other side of US.

Exactly. Singapore is geographically too far from the US mainland to have SIA direct flights to be economically viable given the cut throat price competition offered by US airlines to prospective passengers. Taiwan, HK, Philippines, Japan, and S. Korea have much bigger local market of passengers traveling to the US and they are also geographically closer to the US.

Fugly

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA has brilliant employees who are masters in tai-chi. Was quick to deny they use Ukraine airspace after MH17 was shot down. Who are they trying to kid??

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I have to pay for an economy flight to the US I would avoid SIA. If you get the tix in Spore, you are paying a premium to fly SIA. There is also discrimination in SIA e.g. Angmos get better treatment .

Angmos may get proper treatment . Sinkies get cursory treatment because they behave like peasants. If
you have a proper demeanour they will treat you properly, black white or yellow

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
People are smart not to pay extra for overhyped cabin service, old lcd screens from the 1998 era and ridiculously stingy spread of on board meals and drinks

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
CX can up with 'Premium Economy' seat which is very well received.

SQ can never come up with such a simple concept [they came up with FAIL all business class to USA].

They tot their 'Youngest fleet',Submissive Kabeya Geisha is for ever and ever.

Now they want to get SYD to LAX from the Aussies???!!