• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Killer Water Heater is On the Loose!!

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have one too?

SINGAPORE - He was taking his usual shower in the evening when, suddenly, he started screaming.

Shocked, the family rushed to the door, only to find it locked.

Beside the door, an electrical socket connected to the water heater was smoking.

When they finally battered the door open, 18-year-old Gregory Ng was on the floor.

"We turned off the electrical switch and went to his side," said his grandfather, Anthony Ng, 62, a taxi driver.

His face was very pale by then, the older man told The New Paper at their Hougang Avenue 3 flat on Saturday.

The incident happened around 10pm on Friday. Mr Ng, a recent graduate of the Institute of Technical Education who was waiting for his national service call-up, was unconscious when the ambulance took him to Changi General Hospital. He died shortly after.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said he died of a cardiac arrest.

He was cremated on Saturday afternoon.

During The New Paper's visit, his grandfather explained that the young man had lived with his grandparents, his aunt and his two younger brothers in the three-room flat since he was a boy, after his parents' divorce.

Recalling the tragedy, the 62-year-old said that before the shower, Mr Ng had told his grandmother he'd talk to her after his bath.

His younger brother and aunt tried to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, with instructions from the rescuer on the phone, but to no avail.

Gesturing to the water heater, which was connected to the socket by a wire, the grandfather said that they had bought it recently to replace the old one, which was not working. He said he had picked a branded heater based on the shop's recommendations.

He was heard saying: "I spent more than $300 on the water heater and it killed my grandson."

Police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are investigating.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/teens-usual-shower-takes-deadly-turn#sthash.kX3PlQeH.dpuf

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must have bought from a neighbourhood shop...who told him that it was a branded "707".water heater...but he did not look at it carefully, it was "7007" & made in the________ eh!..water heater connected to the wall outlet by plug?? shouldn't they be plug in an independent electrical plug of at least 15amp plug??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry lah, Sinkieland safety checks very stringent one. :wink:

Safety_Mark.gif

Don't believe go ask Andrea D'Cruz. Slim 10 pills were approved by the Health Sciences Authority. :cool:

swimorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Safety_Mark.gif

Don't believe go ask Andrea D'Cruz. Slim 10 pills were approved by the Health Sciences Authority. :cool:

I heard that despite the lifelong medication that she is taking, she had some kind of relapse.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe he can make it to the list of stupid deaths:

[video=youtube;YKEZmbTTXGA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKEZmbTTXGA[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
die like that paiseh leh..............family saw him naked.........at least no need do NS.............

hope he has a far more fortunate rebirth lah............

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that despite the lifelong medication that she is taking, she had some kind of relapse.

The relapse only happens mentally and after only almost all the money she won from the suit is already gone! LoL

Sinkie are fucked up species despite the supposed TOP notch education they received.

Buy water heater and suka suka connect and likely the whole house electrical are also suka suka.

What's the difference between a HDB pigeon hole to slums in India?

At least slums there don't need to pay conservancy fees! LoL

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can never understand why we must bath in hot water when it is so hot everyday? I don't use water heater and relish the cold water from the tap during my bathe.

KongHee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can never understand why we must bath in hot water when it is so hot everyday? I don't use water heater and relish the cold water from the tap during my bathe.

actually bot water is no good for skin...my thai girlfriend bathes with cold water everyday and her skin is silky smooth..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Safety_Mark.gif

Towards third world standard, either the new water heater didn't pass safety or the installer is not qualified electrician and anyhow installed.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Towards third world standard, either the new water heater didn't pass safety or the installer is not qualified electrician and anyhow installed.

likely the water pipe was not grounded. or neutral/ live has poor insulation. issue of unqualified installer.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have bought from a neighbourhood shop...who told him that it was a branded "707".water heater...but he did not look at it carefully, it was "7007" & made in the________ eh!..water heater connected to the wall outlet by plug?? shouldn't they be plug in an independent electrical plug of at least 15amp plug??

I think the water heater was not or not properly earthed.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
All water heaters are 3-pin plug with earth-wiring at the heater body.
Most likely the electrical shock could happen by wiring system fault at socket outlet or switchboard, in which the MMCB should be tripped down when short-circuit happened.
Another possibility is water leakage from pipe joint, splashing on electrical wiring joint(s) inside the heater.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
All water heaters are 3-pin plug with earth-wiring at the heater body.
Most likely the electrical shock could happen by wiring system fault at socket outlet or switchboard, in which the MMCB should be tripped down when short-circuit happened.
Another possibility is water leakage from pipe joint, splashing on electrical wiring joint(s) inside the heater.

in all combination possibility , mcb and elcb should tripped

ChinaSucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has to parts made in China that caused it. Of course don't expect PCB safety testing to be reliable especially when they have staffs who are PRCs

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if these instant water heater are so vulnerable to water i dont understand why they are located inside the bathroom......

they should be self contained in a sealed box outside the bathroom away from any pipes or water source as possible.