• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LICENSED: 1,001 cleaning bizs with 52,000 cleaners

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: A total of 1,001 cleaning businesses, with a total workforce of 52,000 cleaners, have been licensed since the new cleaning business licensing regime was introduced in April, said the National Environment Agency (NEA) on Monday (Sep 1).

The Environmental Public Health Amendment Bill came into force in April, which required all general cleaning businesses in Singapore to be licensed by September as part of efforts to raise the productivity and working conditions of the cleaning sector.

According to the NEA, all cleaning businesses that have applied so far have successfully obtained their licences.

NEA’s Director-General for the Environmental Public Health Division, Mr Derek Ho, said: “We are pleased that more than 1,000 cleaning businesses have come onboard and are supportive of the cleaning licensing regime. We believe this will translate to better performing workers and more satisfied service buyers through enhanced service quality and higher standards.”

TRAINING, PROGRESSIVE WAGES FOR CLEANERS

Starting Monday, licensed companies will have to pay resident cleaners wages based on the Progressive Wage Model. More than 26,000 resident cleaners are currently being paid wages under the model, the NEA said. By Sep 1 next year, companies will have to pay progressive wages to all resident cleaners, including those under existing contracts.

About 33,000 cleaners from licensed businesses have also received training, higher than the 50 per cent requirement for the first year under the new licensing regime, the NEA said. To renew their licenses in the subsequent year, companies are required to ensure that all of their cleaners are trained.

The Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) has set aside an additional S$8.9 million over the next two years to keep training costs affordable for cleaning companies, the NEA said. Companies also have the option of flexible and accessible on-site and bite-sized training offered by WDA’s appointed training partners, to help them overcome their operational constraints in sending their employees for training, it added.

- CNA/cy

More than 1,000 cleaning businesses licensed: NEA - Channel NewsAsia

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why is the country still so filthy?

Irony..funny+pic..Singapore+Litter+Free.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these kind of cleaning biz is mainly for RC grasslooters por lumpar cronies. i think licensing is also to protect them. i almost went into cleaning biz early this year, in my pre-licensing phase, i already got some small contracts for hotel cleaning. seems to me all the big cleaning business contracts go to the RC por lumpars. it's not worth doing imho.

Winner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any course run by WDA for the prostitutes at Geylang to develop better skills and improve better services to customers in order to get more incomes.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Getting FTs in and taking away better paying jobs cos they are cheaper to employ and less complaining and giving the jobs of..

CLEANING to..

Sinkie!!

A real fucked up speice! LoL

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any course run by WDA for the prostitutes at Geylang to develop better skills and improve better services to customers in order to get more incomes.

No course. But u can register with OKTs as a tester if there are newbies arrival and you got to provide Report n Remedies after your InterCourses.

pillowtalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
these kind of cleaning biz is mainly for RC grasslooters por lumpar cronies. i think licensing is also to protect them. i almost went into cleaning biz early this year, in my pre-licensing phase, i already got some small contracts for hotel cleaning. seems to me all the big cleaning business contracts go to the RC por lumpars. it's not worth doing imho.

The progressive wage model is meant to protect workers. NTUC is pro workers remember? Now cannot say lim swee say never do anything for workers...this is evidence that something is done for our low wage workers.