• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Evidence PM Is Clueless About Ordinary Life In SG

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: TR EMERITUS

Evidence PM is clueless about ordinary life in SG
August 31st, 2014 | Author: Contributions

ST-2014.08.23-PM-Crucial-to-help-Sporeans-cope-amid-many-changes1-640x285.png

It’s not juz eating cockles with mee siam which incidentally is at least an attempt in fusion food: Malay with Chinese.

Recently, PM was criticised by the usual anti-PAP cyber warriors, for comments he made at a dialogue session moderated by DBS CEO Piyush Gupta; comments on the “divisive nature of the internet”. Actually I think, their comments show how self-centred are the critics.

This is because they missed something very important that he also said, while focusing on something that even my dogsknow is a PAP Hard Truth: “Internet is bad for the PAP. So rubbish and smear it.”

BT reported on 23 August that at the above gig, PM said “Our population is aging, we have to take care of our old folks, and give them assurance and security. But the purpose of life is not assurance and security. The purpose of life is to use that security in order to achieve something new and different, and do better than the people who came before.” Emphasis mine.

Well the words I highlighted show that he’s clueless (or insensitive?) about the importance of “assurance and security” to S’poreans, whether they vote for the PAP or not.

“Assurance and security” is something PMETs and their families (and the poor) need because their “purpose in life” is to pay-off their “affordable” 25-year HDB mortgages, or private property mortgages, and have enough to live on in retirement without “downgrading”, “lease-backs” (Uncle Leong shows how unfair are the terms) or moving overseas (which is a great idea except that most S’poreans juz don’t want to move).

Because of “market-based” pricing mechanisms, is the “correct” pricing (Think CoEs and public housing), pricing out of reach housing and cars for those without access to cheap credit? I suspect it is.

When you think about it, govt must be thinking of “controlled” market, not “free” markets. In both the property and CoE markets, the govt decides the availability of the product. Only the price is “free”. This is especially true of land: the government controls the supply of land for development, auctioning parcels at its own discretion to developers. The price that developers pay helps decide the value it then puts on land that is used to build HDB flats on. In the case of CoEs, there is, we are assured, a formula.

If the usual suspects had not been so self-centred, they could have accused the PM that his ”$2m” annual salary, and his privileged background makes him clueless or indifferent, or boh chap about what matters most. And they would have a reasonable point.

Cynical Investor

[Source]: Thoughts of a Cynical Investor (http://atans1.wordpress.com).

End Of Article​

Reader's comment:

Chris K:
August 31, 2014 at 8:15 pm (Quote)
Only a person born with a silver spoon stuck up his oral orifice can talk such crap as “the purpose of life is not assurance and security. The purpose of life is to use that security in order to achieve something new and different”.

He sounded exactly like those in-bred losers I have encountered, who raised on feathered bed and went thru life everything already set up. As if we do not know already, there is a widening gulf between the elites and the masses and in this sense Singapore is regressing backwards to the time when aristocrats were running Europe.

The people need to make their votes count to put these elites in their place.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
** Quote **
BT reported on 23 August that at the above gig, PM said “Our population is aging, we have to take care of our old folks, and give them assurance and security. But the purpose of life is not assurance and security. The purpose of life is to use that security in order to achieve something new and different, and do better than the people who came before.”
** UnQuote **

Those words rings hollow when you see this video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TEPKD6Uw56I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i feel that he is only concerned and focused on the above average citizens, those who pick up cartons for a living are none of his concern. can't blame , he is as good as being borned with a silver spoon, his daddy is the most powerful person in sinkieland.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A extraordinary or rich person that does not care about ordinary or poor people are known as selfish person :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the hell is the CEO of the largest bank in sinkapore engaging in politics? Moreover, he is a foreigner!

Recently, PM was criticised by the usual anti-PAP cyber warriors, for comments he made at a dialogue session moderated by DBS CEO Piyush Gupta

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder does Lee hsien loong even care about anyone at all besides the elites and his own goals and ambitions......

i swear to god its like the average singaporean or the man on the road doesnt even factor into his sphere of priorities.its not just the poor in singapore,the working class,the middle class,65% of singapore's population.these people's lives do not matter other than to serve the whims and fancies of the elite.

its this fucking elite way of thinking in this country,from the time they are in primary school,em1,em2,em3.....i go to an elite school,my psle cutoff is 258 and above......everybody else can get the fuck out of my elite face.from the ministers to the mps to the ceos to the civil service and military.....this fucking country is doomed.....its clear LHL and the scholars have no idea what a country should be or the purpose of a nation,their stupid textbook theories and endless greed thinks having more money is the answer to everything.they already have money up the ying yang but still they shout more!!more!!!import!!!faster!!!bitch u have 41 billion in annual taxes....700 billion in soverign wealth funds and ur still trying to shovel more people into this overcrowded shithole???

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the hell is the CEO of the largest bank in sinkapore engaging in politics? Moreover, he is a foreigner!

Foreigners are very important to Singapore. From 1965, it is foreigners who fed Singapore into a rich cuntry.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder does Lee hsien loong even care about anyone at all besides the elites and his own goals and ambitions......
???

Do ordinary Sinkee care about JBJ when he was bankrupted.
How about caring for degree holder foreign maids or construction workers?

Sinkees are at best, Cheap and good.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously people cared about jbj....they cared too much that's why old fart had to bankrupt him.

Do ordinary Sinkee care about JBJ when he was bankrupted.
How about caring for degree holder foreign maids or construction workers?

Sinkees are at best, Cheap and good.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how can he be clueless if he spends much time lining up for chicken. just like every sinkie uncle with an urge do? :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 210

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or having lunch with family at the neighborhood hawker center? :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 221

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or posing with chio bu's just like every sinkie uncle is dreaming of? :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 211

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously people cared about jbj....they cared too much that's why old fart had to bankrupt him.

If people cared, the old fart would not risk bankrupting him.
People stand far far from him in the MRT like he is a plague.

As long as Sinkee don't pressure Loong, he will not pay too much attention.
See how Hong Kongers are giving pressure to the CCP over universal sufferage in the 2017 election.
China is forced to listen.