• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreigners should be banned from riding bicycles on Singapore roads...... you agree?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bike.jpg

cycle%20main2.jpg

IMG_4361_0.JPG

vlcsnap-2014-03-10-13h04m01s194.jpg

Foreigners should be banned from riding bicycles on Singapore roads...... you agree?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Foreigners should be banned from riding bicycles on Singapore roads...... you agr

Singapore%2B1953.jpg

Once upon a time, when our parents were foreigners, it was ok to ride on Singapore Roads.....

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreigners should be banned from riding bicycles on Singapore roads...... you agr

These cyclists, whether foreigners or sinkies, can only hurt themselves if they kena knocked down on the road.

The real threat to other road pedestrians come from those cyclists riding the motorised bike, which is silent in motion, operates like a motorcycle with reasonable high speed and can be used everywhere, at the void decks, walkways, foot paths, etc.

Some of these motorised bikes can be seen being used on the road like motorcycles except that the owners do not pay road tax, COE, petrol bill, etc. It can speed quite fast and carry 2 pax, one in front and one at the rear.

Why are such motorised bikes not banned as they are obviously a threat to the safety of pedestrians?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think wat is better is to let them ride but that they are 100% liable for all accidents etc punishable by huge fines and immediate deportation. And they r treated as road kill. That will put the fear of God into these assholes and reduce the foreigner population.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore%2B1953.jpg

Once upon a time, when our parents were foreigners, it was ok to ride on Singapore Roads.....

Once upon a time, the policemen wore shorts, the weather was pleasant and the roads were less crowded.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foreigners should be allowed to cycle on roads but Sinkies should be indemnified against all liability for knocking them down.

That's how you level the playing field.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

sinkie do not care about their safety. farkers can cross road busy clicking off the road and hope to be roll over by lorries n other vehicles are common sight. i wish the law stop protecting them as this does nothing but to endanger other road users who depend on the road for a living.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ONly 1st and 3rd photo is wrong. The other 2 photo nothing wrong.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We must enact a generic law to ban all forms of non-COE payable personal transportation from our expensive Singapore roads.

There is a farker that uses a motorized bicycle along Hougang Ave 3 who hogs the whole freaking bus lane as if he were the king of the road. One fine day, those desperate China men (whose salaries are calculated by trips) driving tipper trucks and cement trucks will crush him to death.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

vlcsnap-2014-03-10-13h04m01s194.jpg

lianbeng replies: No! They should be run over n flattened by the bus behind! :biggrin:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore%2B1953.jpg

lianbeng replies: No! My parents were born in Singapore Singaporeans! :biggrin:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng replies: No! They should be run over n flattened by the bus behind! :biggrin:

I very much agree with you! They are selfish lane hoggers. I wonder when can we have a law enacted to ban them on the roads.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what about the PRC ones who only cycle on pedestrian path?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think foreigner should be allowed to operate any kind of vehicle in Spore i.e. bicycles or cars until they have been here for at least 1 year & have passed the highway code & practical test.

These foreigners are very dangerous. Some don't even know which side of the road to drive on:eek: They need the time to familiarise themselves with the pace & flow in Spore.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why Sinkapor no bike lanes one? Angmo countries everywhere got bike lanes. Feeling like buying a good bike and cycle for fun!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigners should be banned altogether.

Wait long long, lah.

Waiting is shorter if -

1. LKY dies and MIW breaks up due to in-fighting for power and new MIW group emerges to become Govt and kicks out the foreign trash, or

2. WP becomes the Govt and sends them off.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think foreigner should be allowed to operate any kind of vehicle in Spore i.e. bicycles or cars until they have been here for at least 1 year & have passed the highway code & practical test.

These foreigners are very dangerous. Some don't even know which side of the road to drive on:eek: They need the time to familiarise themselves with the pace & flow in Spore.

These foreigners have no patience to drive within speed limit. See the ah nehs in action at Serangoon Road and Jalan Besar. They drive like FI along these roads as if they are in India.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wait long long, lah.

Waiting is shorter if -

1. LKY dies and MIW breaks up due to in-fighting for power and new MIW group emerges to become Govt and kicks out the foreign trash, or

2. WP becomes the Govt and sends them off.

Despite so many complains and obvious examples of foreigners, PR or local cyclists deliberately flouting traffic rules, endangering the lives of other road users, looks like all the mandarins in LTA, MOM, NEA, etc plus all the ministars are just sitting there and doing nothing about the problem.

I once saw with my own eyes early in the morning, two kerling cyclists cycling against the traffic around Pioneer Circus and out of the blue came a small truck that smashed into the cyclists. One of the cyclist just flew off the bicycle and landed on the grass verge. Could not wait around to see what happened next due to time constraints but the cyclist who got smashed and flew must have got it jilat jilat.

Wait till one day some speeding lorry or truck carrying sand/granite smash into another group of cyclists in quiet, far flung boh cheng hu places like East Coast Road,Tuas or Changi and then they will wake up and do something about it.

Till then, take care, predestrians, vehicle drivers and hopefully responsible cyclists. :biggrin: