• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched and Frustrated

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When one is younger without any dependants it is easier to take risks such as starting a bizness. People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs,..... were single when they started their careers & got married after they were successful.

With 3 kids & a wife to support I doubt he is in any position to take risks. This is a problem many middle age males face. Especially if they have NS commitments. What happens to your bizness when you have to do in camp:confused:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually starting a business, being self-employed and achieve self-sufficiency is not really that difficult.

What people misunderstood is that, you got to start small and learn from it.

when i mean learn from it , i mean learning from failure and mistakes.. that is why you need to start small to pay for the mistake and failures.

You will sure to make mistakes and encounter lots of problems because you are doing something new and learning from it.

What most people are afraid of is the stress of making the mistake and taking on the failure. Those employees from the employee-orientated education are so paranoid in making mistake and think that one mistake will kill you for life and then you can make a come back..

This is a very unhealthy conditioning and it has set many people back from achieving great wealth and self-sufficiency.

When you learn from a business mistake, you will get a COMPOUNDED experience from learning that mistake.. This lesson is actually a wisdom and a learnt experience which helps you in life and business.. This is what is valuable for getting yourself to be self-sufficient.

What you have said are mostly correct but there is another factor that is missing - family. While under good employment time, many families enjoy certain level of luxuries. This level cannot be maintained while one is eking out a living during the start up phase. This is the greatest hurdle in jumping out from being an employee.

Maybe the following can be considered :

1 moonlight while still under employment to work on your startup. Quit only when success is imminent.

2. Forcefully lower standard of living before quitting. For about 2 years, to accustom the family to the impending drop in living standard and at the same time building up reserve to tie over failures in future.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When one is younger without any dependants it is easier to take risks such as starting a bizness. People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs,..... were single when they started their careers & got married after they were successful.

With 3 kids & a wife to support I doubt he is in any position to take risks. This is a problem many middle age males face. Especially if they have NS commitments. What happens to your bizness when you have to do in camp:confused:

hmmm.....if u watched dragons den and shark tank....one of the tycoons jim treliving,he was a traffic police for 27 years before he left to venture into the pizza business.....hes now worth 680 million with 230 restaurants chain.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've picked up an adware which is making some of the words in my reply into pointers to certain urls. Please ignore.

I'll try to get rid of the adware:(

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What you have said are mostly correct but there is another factor that is missing - family. While under good employment time, many families enjoy certain level of luxuries. This level cannot be maintained while one is eking out a living during the start up phase. This is the greatest hurdle in jumping out from being an employee.

Maybe the following can be considered :

1 moonlight while still under employment to work on your startup. Quit only when success is imminent.

2. Forcefully lower standard of living before quitting. For about 2 years, to accustom the family to the impending drop in living standard and at the same time building up reserve to tie over failures in future.

I am not suggesting him to quit his job and start something new.

Now is the internet age, you can do lots of stuffs in the internet such as starting your own business.

There are many people who are successful in this route. The only factor that stop him is his own narrow thinking and ball-lessness.

There are many books on how to start up and be successful, he can read up all those. You can even borrow it from the library..it is free and many are available in PDF free in the internet.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Employment is far more risky than running your own business unless you're lucky enough to have an iron rice bowl but even then things can go wrong. For example a civil servant can end being sacked as a result of the actions of a subordinate.

An employee with 3 kids and a wife to support is in a precarious position. Once the pay check stops for whatever reason, bankruptcy is imminent within months.

On the other hand a self employed person has far more control over his ultimate destiny.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Again, this is another easy excuse to get oneself stuck in his own miserable state..

Are there any hard rules or course of nature to prevent a person to be successful even if he has a family of 3 children and a wife???

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Employment is far more risky than running your own business unless you're lucky enough to have an iron rice bowl but even then things can go wrong. For example a civil servant can end being sacked as a result of the actions of a subordinate.

An employee with 3 kids and a wife to support is in a precarious position. Once the pay check stops for whatever reason, bankruptcy is imminent within months.

On the other hand a self employed person has far more control over his ultimate destiny.

Exactly, i have been self-employed for years and i totally enjoy the freedom in my life.

Sometimes, i pity those who are stuck in a job while having a family to feed. You look at his face and you will know he is not happy.

And while i am enjoying my cup of coffee and having a nice chat with my buddies.

I always wonder why people torture themselves this way.. it is all thanks to the sinkie education that is so employee orientated... Totally not healthy at all.

It is even more necessary for him to be self-employed if he has a family to feed...but do it in a risk-managed way..start small first.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've picked up an adware which is making some of the words in my reply into pointers to certain urls. Please ignore.

I'll try to get rid of the adware:(

You need malware and adware removal..you have to get the paid version.

PAPBlessed

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Australia, retrenchment of citizen job shall be deal with favour to employee.
Company which retrenched local shall be punished heavily.
Here, it is opposite.

I don't get you. If a company is in trouble financially how to pay you. We are so blessed by our government to have low unemployment rate. You can't expect life to be smooth all the way right? Don't be choosy that's all. Taxi driver is a good option. You can definitely feed your family just work hard that's all.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmmm.....if u watched dragons den and shark tank....one of the tycoons jim treliving,he was a traffic police for 27 years before he left to venture into the pizza business.....hes now worth 680 million with 230 restaurants chain.

There will always be the exceptional ones. In Canada I also heard of an ex cop being successful because he went into the Pizza business. Go read about it, http://bostonpizza.com/assets/mediacentre/documents/pdf/Boston_Pizza_-_Company_History.pdf Some of my friends have looked at pooling their $$$ & getting a fast food franchise. However the well known brands are expensive.

In Spore if you work you are limited to what you can do because companies keep you busy & probably have rules & regulation limiting what you can do in your free time. So it is not as easy as some people make it out to be.

For my case I put my $ into investments & fortunately those investments did ok & today I don't have to worry about $. Whether it's a business or investing it takes time to develop. Many Sporeans don't do their planning until it's probably too late.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need malware and adware removal..you have to get the paid version.

I'll try to re-install my browser & if it doesn't work I will look into spending $.

I've tried "Trojan killer" & it is able to identify the adware but don't know how good it is at removing it, since I need the paid version for the remove feature.

Still looking.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'll try to re-install my browser & if it doesn't work I will look into spending $.

I've tried "Trojan killer" & it is able to identify the adware but don't know how good it is at removing it, since I need the paid version for the remove feature.

Still looking.

Re-installing browser is no use. The adware and malware are in your system already.

You need to pay for a malware remover and adware removal to remove it..

there are tons of such script in the internet.. I suggest you get one each. one for adware and one for malware.

Malwarebytes is a good one.. Try this one first and see if it works..if not, then get one more for adware.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkee phoned me, he want to get master degree and find work in Australia.
I told him , why burden youself with a master degree?

The Western world is full of unemployed uni grads. You have to stand out from the crowd, not join the crowd.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not suggesting him to quit his job and start something new.

Now is the internet age, you can do lots of stuffs in the internet such as starting your own business.

There are many people who are successful in this route. The only factor that stop him is his own narrow thinking and ball-lessness.

There are many books on how to start up and be successful, he can read up all those. You can even borrow it from the library..it is free and many are available in PDF free in the internet.
Agreed, the internet helps tremendously now. During my time no such luxury. Everything by personal contacts and hard copy. So must work doubly hard during the moonlighting period.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont say singkee..mudlanders also like tat. They think come here get deg etc means can get jobs easily like a foreigner in spore. Wat a joke. ...

Sinkee phoned me, he want to get master degree and find work in Australia.
I told him , why burden youself with a master degree?

The Western world is full of unemployed uni grads. You have to stand out from the crowd, not join the crowd.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
if everyone can be your own boss, then there won't be any workers. but one start must be prepared to have something on hand in case you lose your jobs.