• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Lee Hong Chuang Replacing Desmond Choo In Hougang?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: TR EMERITUS

Is Lee Hong Chuang replacing Desmond Choo in Hougang?
August 30th, 2014 | Author: Editorial

Zaobao today (30 Aug) reported that a new face has surfaced in Hougang SMC. It reported that 44-year-old Lee Hong Chuang, Vice President of Singapore Gymnastics (SG) sports association [Link], has been participating in grassroots acitvities in Hougang for the past 3 to 4 months.

pic-one.jpg

Recently, he was also appointed as the Vice Chairman of PAP Hougang Branch office. Desmond Choo, the previous PAP candidate who lost in Hougang election, is the Chairman. Mr Lee even received a BBM last year. He used to serve as grassroots leader in PM Lee’s Teck Ghee constituency in Ang Mo Kio for some 20 years.

When Desmond Choo was asked if he may be replaced by Lee Hong Chuang as the new candidate for Hougang SMC in the next GE, Mr Choo did not answer the question directly. He replied, “I know there are a lot of speculations in the ground, but my focus is still on the Hougang residents. There is a need to build a good framework to take care of residents. This remains unchanged.”

However, Mr Choo confirmed that Mr Lee Hong Chuang has started immersing himself in grassroots activities in Hougang. Mr Choo believes that Mr Lee will be able to produce “good results” in for his activities in Hougang very soon. Mr Choo said Mr Lee has much experience in promoting youth activities.

In March this year, PAP Organizing Secretary, Ng Eng Hen who is also the Defence Minister, told the media that PAP has already started appointing potential candidates for the next GE to work in grassroots. This is to allow the candidates more time to get close to the residents so as to understand their needs. Thereafter, new faces begin to appear in grassroots and Lee Hong Chuang is certainly one new face appearing in Hougang.

When Mr Lee was asked if he is going to replace Mr Choo, Mr Lee deflected the question. He replied, “It’s true that I started coming to Hougang in Apr-May to help Mr Choo. The main focus is to help Mr Choo in his weekly ‘tea-party’ sessions at Hougang Community Club.”

Others are speculating that perhaps Desmond Choo will be fielded as a candidate in a GRC in the next election. This way, he will have a higher chance of winning an election to enter the Parliament.

Defeated candidate Ong Ye Kung moves to Sembawang GRC

Last month, PAP appears to be moving defeated PAP candidate Ong Ye Kung from Aljunied GRC to Sembawang GRC in an attempt to increase Ong’s chances of getting into the Parliament (‘PAP moves Ong Ye Kung to Marsiling constituency‘).

Ong was part of the PAP team including former PAP ministers, George Yeo and Cynthia Phua, contesting in Aljunied GRC in 2011 GE. The PAP team lost miserably to WP, garnering only 45% votes. In contrast, the PAP team in Sembwang GRC, anchored by Minister Khaw Boon Wan, won, scoring 64%.

The media reported that Minister Khaw had invited Ong to help out in Sembawang GRC. Ong attended his first public grassroots event in Woodlands last month (5 Jul). He later appeared at Marsiling’s Meet-the-People Sessions (MPS).

Ong then told the media, “Never have I ever announced that I’m stepping out of politics. So if there is an opportunity to contest, to participate, I will.”

Ong said that his move was a party decision, “We join parties, we are subject to team rules, we have to be part of the team. It’s like I play football, and the manager decides where I play.”

He said his Kaki Bukit ward in Aljunied GRC had new leaders, and added that he realised it might be time for him to move on as well.

When Ong lost in GE 2011, he made a comment to the media, “I don’t regret running. It was an experience of a lifetime.” The only pity, he said, was that he had to resign from his 18-year Administrative Service career to go into politics. Ong was a PSC scholar who went on to study at the London School of Economics before entering the civil service.

It remains to be seen if Desmond Choo would likewise be making a move to a “safe” GRC in the coming election, probably touted as the “mother-of-all” elections in Singapore.

What do you think?

End Of Article

Reader's comment:

70 yrs old senior citizen:
August 30, 2014 at 7:41 pm (Quote)
Ong Ye Kung said that his move to Sembawang GRC was a party decision, “We join parties, we are subject to team rules, we have to be part of the team. It’s like I play football, and the manager decides where I play.”

Who is the manager? These people do not hold their own and it goes to show that it is still a “one man” show.

Much unlike the founding generation leadership team, each man is a giant unto his own, the likes of Dr. Goh Keng Swee, E.W. Barker, S. Rajaratnam, Dr. Toh Chin Chye et al. There was a real contest of ideas for the better of our nation, not just from LKY alone.

They brought Singapore from third world to first. The current third generation PAP leadership is a sycophantic team that will fast bring Singapore back from first world to third world.

Look at the debate and endorsement of the much despised Population White Paper in parliament, it was all yes-men and yes-women. We are fast down the slippery slope.

We need a new team from the opposition parties in place of the PAP team that will bring us back to our days of glory in a Singapore for Singaporeans and not a Singapore for the rest of the world.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know this person in real life. He is a son of a mother fucker !

Which mother fucker? they have so many of them. If they are serious in HG...put Lee Hsien Loong there & fight Ah Huat!!....the proof is in the pudding...not another, no name, no face incumbent, like the first PAP MP of HG..TANG GUAN SENG....:p

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need a new team from the opposition parties in place of the PAP team that will bring us back to our days of glory in a Singapore for Singaporeans and not a Singapore for the rest of the world.

True. The paps under current leadership seem lost in bringing glory to the country. Singapore belongs to every native born and bred in the country. How can the country belong to every one?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Others are speculating that perhaps Desmond Choo will be fielded as a candidate in a GRC in the next election. This way, he will have a higher chance of winning an election to enter the Parliament.

It is no longer true that the GRC offers "a higher chance of winning an election to enter Parliament."
Ask Georgie Boy. It is now an uncertain bid. If Georgie Boy could get the boot from GRC, no one else is immune from being booted out too.

Would LHL be booted out from AMK GRC? Every sinkie would be shocked if he got the boot too.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which mother fucker? they have so many of them. If they are serious in HG...put Lee Hsien Loong there & fight Ah Huat!!....the proof is in the pudding...not another, no name, no face incumbent, like the first PAP MP of HG..TANG GUAN SENG....:p

This son of the mother fucker is willing to suck pappy cock and willing to sacrifice as long as it will help in his career :cool:

smufytoot

Hate this guy on a personal level. Worked with him before in the IT industry.
Scumbag level 999.

Just for his presence in PAP, I will vote for any party that is not his party.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
me has always believe the GE15 will not happen
they introduce the line up earlier so as to remove the 'parachute' from these new faces
another reason; the party is now split even wider... needs more time to regroup..

with Captain Goh crying out the possibilities of snap elections as early as March this year, coupled with Gilbert echoing the same sentiments: do you really think GE will be coming soon?