• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sell abalone

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to sell abalone in sg, besides eBay any other popular website I can do that? I had problem setting up eBay as they wanted to set up an PayPal account and I couldn't furnish them all the docs they asked for.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Qoo10.sg is a place to try but if you go hairy one... ask cecilia cheung if she can offer to help

KongHee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to sell abalone in sg, besides eBay any other popular website I can do that? I had problem setting up eBay as they wanted to set up an PayPal account and I couldn't furnish them all the docs they asked for.

please bring to my city harvest church...abalone can help cleanse the soul.

i will sell them for you.

now, we need to negotaite my margin. PM me.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
o5EttAw.jpg

is she selling too?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

RUN is F&B expert.

most aust abalone are private-labels from aust state facilities. You can find the same marking on the bottom of the cans from various brands.
royal_tasmanian_abalone.jpg

Selling online a relatively new brand of your own, is effective, only when consumers understand the above. HOWEVER, they don't = selling online will not be effective.

You can consider corporate gift sales. Get a few chio girls who look like serina wee and get them to market your abalones as corporate festive gifts. Then work with printers and customize ultra-nice aluminum can labels for each company, eg. Lexus Abalone or Nissan Abalone. Some companies do distribute wines to customers and business associates under their own corporate marks, so you can do this for your abalones. Many companies are willing to pay $200 for a hamper of $80 NTA, so i suppose they are willing to give you $200 for 3-4 cans of abalones for each customers.

This market is super huge, many companies/sectors are known to distribute corporate gifts like orange / hampers during CNY.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From where? Australia? NZ? Mexico?

CHAOTIC

Alfrescian
Loyal
From where? Australia? NZ? Mexico?

I guess most likely tasmania 1046 or 816.
lower end nz ph16.
new moon use ex1046 for Australia
ph 16 for nz.there are few with big supply.

abalone profit margin low.need sell by cartons.
ts pls don't tell me u got it from china.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RUN is F&B expert.

most aust abalone are private-labels from aust state facilities. You can find the same marking on the bottom of the cans from various brands.

Selling online a relatively new brand of your own, is effective, only when consumers understand the above. HOWEVER, they don't = selling online will not be effective.

You can consider corporate gift sales. Get a few chio girls who look like serina wee and get them to market your abalones as corporate festive gifts. Then work with printers and customize ultra-nice aluminum can labels for each company, eg. Lexus Abalone or Nissan Abalone. Some companies do distribute wines to customers and business associates under their own corporate marks, so you can do this for your abalones. Many companies are willing to pay $200 for a hamper of $80 NTA, so i suppose they are willing to give you $200 for 3-4 cans of abalones for each customers.

This market is super huge, many companies/sectors are known to distribute corporate gifts like orange / hampers during CNY.

Run, thanks for the detailed explanation and suggestions.
I bought some baby abalone yesterday at aud $3, on sale. They were still alive and moving while being stuck to their slightly greenish shells. So I supposed they have to be produced here (to answer questions later on place of produce). We brushed them and then steamed them with XO sauce and they were tasty.

I intend to sell them cheap in sg at maybe aud $6 each, can provide the cleaning service and packing in ziplock. Can't afford those marketing projects.

So I supposed if these abalone were 'brandless', there is no market for them unless I give them away free?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Run, thanks for the detailed explanation and suggestions.
I bought some baby abalone yesterday at aud $3, on sale. They were still alive and moving while being stuck to their slightly greenish shells. So I supposed they have to be produced here (to answer questions later on place of produce). We brushed them and then steamed them with XO sauce and they were tasty.

I intend to sell them cheap in sg at maybe aud $6 each, can provide the cleaning service and packing in ziplock. Can't afford those marketing projects.

So I supposed if these abalone were 'brandless', there is no market for them unless I give them away free?

Dear brother, baby abalone is another type of business
- NTUC and cold storage sells lots of them frozen
- Sheng Shiong sells china abalone 3 for $10
- China and Taiwan are big producers

$3 is your cost in Australia and it is the consumers' buying price in Singapore. It is tough.

I love the taste of baby abalones from taiwan, please try them when you visit taiwan's street market
http://baike.baidu.com/view/839881.htm
201029114546295.jpg

3430209_183732027182_2.jpg

249484_580.jpg

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

Geylang many lorongs also selling, how are you going to beat your competitions?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Run and tun, I didn't know of the baby abalone market. Is the shell of the baby around 11cm or more? Mine was.

Here I can get big ones too, black market can get aud $100 for 1 kg. is that expensive?