• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - Holland-Bt Timah GRC Walkabout - Sunday (tomorrow morning) - 31 Aug 2014

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pushing towards GE at Holland-Bt Timah GRC

http://yoursdp.org/news/pushing_towards_ge_at_holland_bt_timah/2014-08-31-5874

Added on: Sunday 31 August 2014

by the Singapore Democrats

The SDP continued with our ground campaign at the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC today in preparation for the next GE.

We were there to spread our message about the CPF, over-crowding, and cost of living issues.

Several residents were clearly unhappy with the Government over a range of issues.

A group having breakfast (pictured) enthusiastically welcomed the Democrats and with the smartphones on the ready, took several photographs with us.

We also chatted at length with a group of younger male Singaporeans who just competed serving their National Service.

"So you can vote at the next elections," we pointed out. "Will we get your support?"

"Of course!" they chorused.

Party members traversed the constituency and the adjoining areas of the West Coast and Tanjong Pagar GRCs.

It was a packed schedule as we traveled widely to spread our message.

Our walkabouts are alternated with house visits which allow us more time to interact with residents in a meaningful manner.

"Help us get into Parliament so that we can speak up for you," Dr Chee Soon Juan said to the constituents, "we know that the cost of living is hurting you with prices going up but our wages not keeping pace."

Aunties and uncles at the food centres and markets nodded in agreement.

One resident pointed to an article in our newspaper The New Democrat about PUB bills (pictured) and said that he finds it difficult even to pay his electricity and water bill.

"One side earn a little bit," he lamented in Hokkien, "the other side pay the Government everything."

Along the way, the SDP team encountered Ms Grace Fu (pictured) who was recently appointed as the Minister in charge of the newly created Municipal Services Office (MSO). Dr Chee stopped to chat with Ms Fu and wished her well.

Apart from our online campaign, the Singapore Democrats will continue work hard, as we have been all these years, to reach out to voters on the ground.

With your support, we will get into Parliament and make it truly the People's House.

See more walkabout photos at SDP's facebook album.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Chee Soon Juan, 47 (Sec-Gen)

1992 - Misappropriated funds as NUS staff, drank glucose while on hunger strike
1993 - Overthrew Chiam See Tong as Sec-Gen, Chiam sued the SDP, SDP lost and paid Chiam damages

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappy Tan The Temasek Review

The only PAP 'B' Team Singaporeans witness past 20 years is SDP and Dr Chee.

Dr Chee broke up a perfectly growing SDP under Chiam See Tong and lost all 3 seats at GE1997 that was won at GE1991 under Chiam See Tong's SDP.

This is because Chee's SDP decide to focus on making as much inaccurate noise in Parliament, being aggressive in Parliament, exposing SDP to lawsuits , conducting civil disobedience and getting arrested rather than running town councils and bonding with residents via grassroots.

The loss caused Singaporeans to lose faith in Opposition for 20 years untl GE2011 when WP made a difficult breakthrough. PAP kept harping Opposition cannot run a SMC let alone a GRC because of SDP's loss at GE1997. SDP almost destroyed Opposition Cause with their antics.

Civil disobedience, bankruptcy, arrests, lawsuits etc gave Opposition a bad image and reminded Singaporeans to fear PAP even more. SDP actually made PAP more feared and more powerful instead and Singaporeans felt more hopeless.

Many good people wanted to join Opposition but seeing Dr Chee's situation decided not to. This lack of good people joining Opposition gave many Walkovers to PAP for 20 years in every elections. SDP only gave Walkovers to Singaporeans at elections because CSJ and gang kept getting barred from elections because of their antics.

What choice, what democracy, what rights, what hope, what change, what impact and what freedom did SDP gave Singaporeans past 20 years ? Nothing at all.

Democracy is not just freedom to have civil disobedience but democracy is also about giving people choice to change governments in elections, not change Opposition parties.

Now PAP once again wants to unleash the Kraken in CSJ to confuse and disrupt alternative parties progress from GE2011 by agreeing to give discount from $500,000 to $30,000 so that CSJ can take part in elections. Destructive, disruptive and history repeats itself.

SPP at least kept one seat in Parliament for 15 years after GE1997 and never got voted out and lose seats before GE2011. SPP was already small and weak when Chiam started it. 15 years down the road under different political landscape, SPP did contest one GRC at least. One less than SDP only who under Chee did not grow much too despite having longer time of brand name.

It took Chiam and SDP 15 years to win 3 seats at GE1991. So how can you say SDP would not have grown under Chiam when SDP did grew under Chiam at GE1991.

Not even WP lost seats before. JBJ was disqualified from Parliament after being charged and Yaw Shin Leong was sacked by WP. None was voted out.

SDP under Dr Chee after GE1997 past 15 years got voted out of Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central, never grow but got smaller and did not even win any seats. You call this good record ?

It is not grandmother's story but true facts. No Singaporean Opposition Supporter want to sacrifice another 20 years and see no result from any Alternative Parties.

Technically and officially, somebody here said there is only one Opposition in Parliament which is WP because the rest are either NCMPs or alternative parties with no seats. Even to be Opposition, political parties need to win enough seats to be Opposition.

I still believe in growing only WP to be Government as fast as possible base on Hougang and Aljunied platforms. This is irregardless what other alternative parties try to pull off, antics and plans. Every party have its own style, voters will decide.

No point running down each alternative parties now. You can run down WP all you want ONLY after WP is government and be blamed for WP government policies.

No more Alternative Parties Musical Chairs we seen last 47 years.

I hardly see you commenting on negative PAP threads but comment on every negative WP thread and pretending to be SDP supporter and NSP supporter. I can only conclude you are a PAP IB.

All political parties have positives and negatives. Each wants to try their own style so let it be. Voters shall decide. SDP is free to continue to stage protest etc. WP is free to use its own tactical style. PAP is free to continue to run down anybody that gets in its way. NSP is free to continue to state the obvious. RP is free to continue to piggyback on whatever other parties started.

I dont think I am running down anybody here. I am just stating history and SDP's output last 20 years. I did not wish to do it but if people like Robox, TTR and Sam Lim continue to run down WP in all possible and petty ways instead of focusing on PAP which is the main reason for ruining Singaporean's lives, then I wish to join in the fun too.

TTR's record until BE2012 was normal, you seldom see people posting negatives about SDP and WP too and everyone were attacking only PAP. But BE2012 onwards, turn its focus on WP more so the negatives about WP, SDP, RP, NSP etc started appearing too. TTR is the root culprit for everything.

Yes, all political parties have its negatives but we leave it to Singapore Media to dig it out as tradition and Internet is more the opposite direction. All Opposition supporters understood all Alternative Parties have bad points as well but like Singapore Media for PAP, we help each other out by minimising these negatives for Alternative Parties.

Now TTR wants to upset the equilibrium and test all Alternative Parties supporters patience and confuse them. The Anti-WP and pro-SDP stance had upset the Balance and tilt into PAP's favour.

Then more and more people will join in the fun, end result could only be disaster for all alternative parties at GE2016 and glee for PAP as every alternative party supporter rather see each other die and drag each other down than let any alternative party beat them to beating PAP.

I hardly see you commenting on negative PAP threads but comment on every negative WP thread and pretending to be SDP supporter and NSP supporter. I can only conclude you are a PAP IB.

All political parties have positives and negatives. Each wants to try their own style so let it be. Voters shall decide. SDP is free to continue to stage protest etc. WP is free to use its own tactical style. PAP is free to continue to run down anybody that gets in its way. NSP is free to continue to state the obvious. RP is free to continue to piggyback on whatever other parties started.

I dont think I am running down anybody here. I am just stating history and SDP's output last 20 years. I did not wish to do it but if people like Robox, TTR and Sam Lim continue to run down WP in all possible and petty ways instead of focusing on PAP which is the main reason for ruining Singaporean's lives, then I wish to join in the fun too.

TTR's record until BE2012 was normal, you seldom see people posting negatives about SDP and WP too and everyone were attacking only PAP. But BE2012 onwards, turn its focus on WP more so the negatives about WP, SDP, RP, NSP etc started appearing too. TTR is the root culprit for everything.

Yes, all political parties have its negatives but we leave it to Singapore Media to dig it out as tradition and Internet is more the opposite direction. All Opposition supporters understood all Alternative Parties have bad points as well but like Singapore Media for PAP, we help each other out by minimising these negatives for Alternative Parties.

Now TTR wants to upset the equilibrium and test all Alternative Parties supporters patience and confuse them. The Anti-WP and pro-SDP stance had upset the Balance and tilt into PAP's favour.

Then more and more people will join in the fun, end result could only be disaster for all alternative parties at GE2016 and glee for PAP as every alternative party supporter rather see each other die and drag each other down than let any alternative party beat them to beating PAP.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WORKERS' PARTY IS A FAKE OPPOSITION PARTY
DISGRACE WP FORMER MP FOR HOUGANG PLAYBOY YAW SHIN LEONG VOTED FOR PAP
WP IS COMPLETELY A SILENCE PARTY AND IS PAP 'B' TEAM
JBJ GOT EYES TO SEE

What has WP done since won Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East?
WP MPs have been enjoying 16k MP monthly allowance easy money by sleeping inside parliament.
WP MPs are wasting taxpayers time by asking PAP with father, mother and great grand stories.
Is it what the opposition supporters wanted to hear?????
We want our CPF full withdrawal at 55 and yet WP MPs supported their brother PAP with min sum withdrawal at 65!!!!!
WE wanted to view "To Singapore with Love" being banned by MDA and yet WP MPs never commented this issue to your good friends in white as WP is PAP 'B' team.
When PM as Teochew Low should WKS should resigned about Mas and Silence LTK cannot give a straight forward answer to say yes.
WP always claimed credit that they won Aljunied GRC simply of their good leedership. Bullish !!!
A fact that WP won Aljunied GRC is cos there already has at least 20% die hard opposition supporters that will not vote for PAP and most important was JBJ traditional branded trademark.
During GE2008 disgrace WP former MP for Hougang Playboy Yaw Shin Leong said that he voted for PAP in his living constituency. A die hard supporter would rather voted a Dog that voting for PAP !!! Agreed ?? But being PAP 'B' team WP choose to vote for PAP if their constituency is being challenge by other opposition party. WP is PAP and PAP owned WP that why WP must be remained silence at all time.
All WP MPs and NCMP are timid, kiasi and kisqu.
We already given WP 3 years and yet WP continue to be silence. WP motto is "You die your biz" I just want to enjoy my 16k and keep mum.
I predicted GE16 Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East will either to be returned to WP brother PAP or other opposition party. Certainly must kick out WP in GE16 as 20% die hard opposition supporters are ready either they voted a Dog is better than voting for WP or PAP.
WP under LTK and SL will not grow further as JBJ already rises from the grave to confront the people in white. JBJ spirit will protect RN and HHH.
Vote wisely and vote for a true and real opposition party.
WP is a fake opposition party.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP Wall of Shame

Dr Chee Soon Juan, 47 (Sec-Gen)

1992 - Misappropriated funds as NUS staff, drank glucose while on hunger strike
1993 - Overthrew Chiam See Tong as Sec-Gen, Chiam sued the SDP, SDP lost and paid Chiam damages
2001 - Shouted at Goh Chok Tong with accusations that have no truths, lost defamation suit