• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers' Party raising fund for Hamas

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare what WP is doing with what our PM did when the Thai army coup got "elected". One was a just cause and the other a dick sucking session.
hahaha....scroobye, u better go back to kindergarten....
first, we don't interfere with the internal politics of another country.....
whether you like it or not.....the coup leader has the mandate of the thai king to form the govt'...
it is sop for a country to send good wishes to the new legitimate govt of another country....
truly retarded...

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dangerous ground? Hello, you're either a Pappy troll, a Jew-lover, an Uncle Tom neo-con, or a Christian fundie.

This is fundamentally a humanitarian issue. WP is raising funds for the Palestinian people – the real victims of this inane war – not Hamas. Kudos to the WP for taking a courageous and compassionate stand. (This used to be SDP territory but it has now decided to steer clear of controversial 'activist' issues.)

I do not condone the terrorist acts of Hamas, neither do I condone the state terrorism practised by the Israelis. That said, Hamas was the creation of Mossad, for the clueless with no inkling of the origins of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Bear in mind that the PLA is recognized by the UN as the legitimate authority of the Palestinian people, and has every right to protection from the genocidal holocaust perpetrated by the Israelis on the Palesitinians.

Geopolitical situation? For Christ's sake, we're living in a sea of 250 mil Muslims. It isn't rocket science to figure out which side our 'geopolitical' bread is buttered. And you wonder why our neighbours, including the Catholic Philippines, hate us and call us the 'Israel of SE Asia'. Sheesh.

Yup

Well said

I need not add more.

If I am in Singapore, I will go to that and give heavily to Hamas
Even President Jimmy Carter, a Nobel Prize laureate, support Hamas

Hamas was brought into being by Israel anyway.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
It makes sense because Hamas and Palestine are always the bigger casualties in a conflict. Israel never needs any help. The geopolitical situation warrants it more because we are in a Muslim region and our neighbours will love us for doing this.

Your point is well taken. I am firmly with the Palestinians myself and have made donations more than once. i just don't want to see WP alienating the local Christian community.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dangerous ground? Hello, you're either a Pappy troll, a Jew-lover, an Uncle Tom neo-con, or a Christian fundie.

This is fundamentally a humanitarian issue. WP is raising funds for the Palestinian people – the real victims of this inane war – not Hamas. Kudos to the WP for taking a courageous and compassionate stand. (This used to be SDP territory but it has now decided to steer clear of controversial 'activist' issues.)

I am firmly with the Palestinians (see post to tanwahp). Just don't want to see WP antagonize the local Christian community. In any case I agree with your point about the Muslim geopolitical situation.

How many people understand the facts of the case and have not been misled by some form of western propaganda? I would say very few. Always be careful when dealing with something as divisive as this, even if you mean it purely as humanitarian cause.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not condone the terrorist acts of Hamas, neither do I condone the state terrorism practised by the Israelis. That said, Hamas was the creation of Mossad, for the clueless with no inkling of the origins of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict..

I would bring the head of the drug syndicate to justice. Followed by the traffickers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 agendas here and both work for WP.

First there is the altruistic angle and it is to help the Palestinian people and not Hamas. The long term ceasefire was brokered in Jordan and the hand of a new UN high Commissioner designate was pivotal. It involved the PM of Israel and the actual recognised leader of the Palestinians - PLA and not Hamas. Hamas was not involved. The official line of it being done in Cairo with Kerry, the Egyptians and the US and company is a play. Its now time to re-build and this is what the appeal is about.

Secondly, Kampong Kembangan / Eunos is a key Malay ward and there is war going on Pritam is leading the fight for the Malay and Muslin votes. Remember the ward is headed previously by PAP Minister of State Zainul Abideen. He has been visiting mosques, malay activity etc for sometime. Pritam is also well versed in this field as it is something that he did in academia before going into Law. He has also course in KL's Islamic. University.

The PAP has bought over the Malay votes by buying AMP, lock, stock and barrel. WP can sit on their hands or be innovative. Helping the Palestinian people for them to re-build is a just cause and timely.

You are threading on dangerous ground. The Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict is a complex and divisive issue which not many people can fully comprehend. It is extremely dangerous for a political party to take sides, especially a Singapore political party given our geopolitical situation.

Yaacob got the flak for taking sides and so should the WP. Grave mistake.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Folks must learn to separate Hamas from the Palestinian Authority and the PLA Govt. Hamas is a cancerous growth in the body of the Palestinians.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Your point is well taken. I am firmly with the Palestinians myself and have made donations more than once. i just don't want to see WP alienating the local Christian community.

You're wasting your money. The people who benefit wouldn't hesitate to slit your throat given half a chance. :rolleyes:

I cannot believe you can be so naive.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Folks must learn to separate Hamas from the Palestinian Authority and the PLA Govt. Hamas is a cancerous growth in the body of the Palestinians.

They're all one and the same. Hamas isn't a cancerous growth. It's part and parcel of Gaza eco-system.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yup

Well said

I need not add more.

If I am in Singapore, I will go to that and give heavily to Hamas
Even President Jimmy Carter, a Nobel Prize laureate, support Hamas

Hamas was brought into being by Israel anyway.

I would like nuke all those Muslims and exterminate the whole damned lot once and for all. They're nothing but trouble the world over.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Gaza is a tiny strip of Palestine.

Yes and they should all be driven into the sea and drowned. The world can do fine without that tiny strip. Israel can make far better use of it.

Hopefully a well aimed Tsunami will actually wash away the whole damned lot one day.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....Folks must learn to separate Hamas from the Palestinian Authority and the PLA Govt.....

I've browsed the posts of this thread as well as other past posts.

Conclusion: Most posters are ignorant of the fact that the US, the EU and some rich Middle Eastern countries which are close US allies do contribute millions of $ to the PLA annually to help Palestinians to lead lives as normal as possible.

Al-Jazeera telecast a documentary last year showing how some PLA government officials squandered millions of USD on themselves, leaving very little for their fellow countrymen.

If you missed it, please check with the NSA, GCHQ or SingTel. (SingTel must have it because it helps the NSA to suck in massive petabytes of surveillance telecoms data coursing through its fiber optic cables in the west of Sinkieland.)

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit to WP for standing behind the besieged people of Palestine and speaking truth to the power of the evil axis (Israel-US-PAP Singapore).

It is incredible how one tiny country can blatantly ignore and contravene resolution after UN resolution with absolutely no repercussions because its powerful diaspora has the world's superpower by its balls.

Non chapter 6 Resolutions passed in UN are non binding and there is nothing wrong for Israel to ignore it. Bear in mind that countries in UN vote based on national interests rather than application of international law or morality, why should you mAke a moral issue out of this?

Back to home issue, it erroneous for people to think WP is taking a moral stance rather than a calculated political move to score domestic points with the Muslim. Though I may not like what WP is doing here, I must said it a politically wise move. Bear in mind WP never for once promise they are going to severe ties with Israel once they captured power and it not in our national interests to do so. They are giving themselves the room to maneuver. Good move by WP.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christian maybe supportive of Israel but the conflict is not going to be an issue to influence their votes unlike the Muslims who takes this matter more emotionally and will likely factor a party's stand on Israel Palestinian conflict play in deciding their votes.

For WP to play this issue means they got more political capital to gain.

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christian maybe supportive of Israel but the conflict is not going to be an issue to influence their votes unlike the Muslims who takes this matter more emotionally and will likely factor a party's stand on Israel Palestinian conflict play in deciding their votes.

For WP to play this issue means they got more political capital to gain.

All right I guess I can grant that to you and yellowarse, that it is very valuable political capital for WP to earn. Also considering that it is a humanitarian endeavor . I may have been overly paranoid that the Christian community won't like it. Many of my friends are staunch Christians and I find it impossible to discuss the Gaza issue with them.

Last edited:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hamas is the elected party of Palestinians . And before anyone criticise them remember the Americunts put the retard bush into power. Everyone has the right to choose our govt. at least they had the right. Unlike us