• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah quits National Solidarity Party

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somehow surprised but not surprised.

Surprised because she had been staunch about her support of NSP, being adamant about not quitting.

Not surprised because it was a matter of time she finds out she doesn't fit into politics. Finding it alright to be an inactive and unambitious deputy secretary-general already says a lot about her thinking and naiveity.

Bottom line is, the erratic moments she showed in terms of making political decisions, such as her own status, shows that there is an emotional or even mental struggle that she talked about and took medication for, has not ended.

I believe Singapore politics has seen the end of her. Until at least many years later, if not never.

By the way, I also think it is the end of the "pretty oppo girls" alumni in the opposition and Glenda Han and Angela Oon will not surface in the next GE 2016.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nicole Seah, thank you for your contributions to sg politics. You will always be remembered as the one who almost brought down Goh Chok Tong in 2011 election.

Wish you all the best and hope you will find peace and passion again in what you do.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On another note, Goh Meng Seng is glaringly present by his absence and didn't come in to spell his doomsday prophecy for NSP because NSP is not WP, so nothing to be jealous about.

Imagine his reaction if Glenda Han announces her resignation in the same way (which who knows might come).

GoMadSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS wisely say: So is she out of opposition politics for good or is she joining SFP or WP next? I dont think she will join PAP lah. Most likely she will join SPF or WP.

PoliticalDialogue

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, I also think it is the end of the "pretty oppo girls" alumni in the opposition and Glenda Han and Angela Oon will not surface in the next GE 2016.

Maybe you are right, although I'd be a somewhat surprised if Glenda Han was not interested in contesting the next GE, as I think she would be given consideration to re-contest East Coast, which is the GRC at the top of the WP target list. Having contested GEs twice before she would likely be third time lucky, or as Americans would say, "three's a charm".

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS wisely say: So is she out of opposition politics for good or is she joining SFP or WP next? I dont think she will join PAP lah. Most likely she will join SPF or WP.

I have said before that Nicole Seah won't be seen in blue, not even among the nomination day crowd holding WP flag like Michelle Lee (former SDP). Either side will not offer the other, so that makes the probability very low.

Not to sound arrogant but WP doesn't need her (the other way round applies too). Any one WP event group photo on Facebook shows many potential Nicole Seahs. The point is, WP doesn't need any one person. Even LTK can be done away with. WP had created Chen Show Maos and Sylvia Lims and they were more effective in winning.

She might well join SFP, but that doesn't make her record of RP-NSP-SFP very good.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you are right, although I'd be a somewhat surprised if Glenda Han was not interested in contesting the next GE, as I think she would be given consideration to re-contest East Coast, which is the GRC at the top of the WP target list. Having contested GEs twice before she would likely be third time lucky, or as Americans would say, "three's a charm".

In 2006, Glenda was a pretty face, rare for those days. She doesn't seem like a bad person but like NS substance might not be their best asset in times of need like now.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping my fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding of the joy of the miracle of the living the duty and the grandeur. I have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people. Now I only love whacking WP. Goh Meng Seng"

Hahaha, so funny :biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It appears like a mistake of the former RP group to head to NSP, where nearly all of them did not stay on. Jeannette CA is the only active face from that group left. For the scholar couple, one is inactive and the other left. There are rumours that Spencer Ng will also leave soon.

Anyone who knew NSP for a long time would have identified the move as a mistake before it happened. Not surprised if more will either turn inactive or leave as they were banking on Nicole Seah to win and want to be in the same GRC as her.

We have SDP losing its main starlet Vincent Wijeysingha and NSP losing its main starlet Nicole Seah; both these parties are considered the only 2 second-tier opposition parties. SDP also lost a chunk of A-candidates to Singaporeans First. The chasm between WP and the other opposition parties is going to widen further.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine the disaster it would have been had she been elected. Thank goodness we have far more dedicated and hardworking individuals like Tin Pei Ling

have to agree with you, politics is not her cup of milo...wish her wellest and bestest :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She needs a break. Will do wonders. Better to make a comeback in her later 30s or early 40s. Too young at the moment.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She needs a break. Will do wonders. Better to make a comeback in her later 30s or early 40s. Too young at the moment.

If she does as you say (and has made the claim) and that happens within the next 5 years, her options are limited so it's not hard to guess where she will end up.

Since NSP, RP are her former parties, she has ruled SFP out and WP and her are irreconcilable, there is only SDP and SPP left. It looks possible that she will place her bet with the Chiams and SPP as they had spoken well of each other. She might even lead the party when the Chiams retire. With her fame despite her substance, not being a central figure in any party looks out-of-place even if she or her party end up nowhere.

But if her return is beyond 5 years and close to 2021, nobody can guess what will her options be then as things may change.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think she quit because of SBF forum. Looking at the amount of thrash spewed by gullible retards in the forum (eg. those who pretend to support opposition) she probably gave up. Why would anyone sacrifice their social life to serve a bunch of morons like this/