• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canon and Nikon DSLR future discussion

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only problem with the kit lens for the A6000 is tat its F3.3. Should be given a brighter lens. Like what the EOS M has..but too bad the EOS M is a failure.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The only problem with the kit lens for the A6000 is tat its F3.3. Should be given a brighter lens. Like what the EOS M has..but too bad the EOS M is a failure.

You can use an adaptor to add whatever lenses you want.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah sam leong, canon start the megapixel war again. Soon, sony and nikon will follow with their own 50Mpixel camera.

May i know if you would consider using that for your studio work ??

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
yeah sam leong, canon start the megapixel war again. Soon, sony and nikon will follow with their own 50Mpixel camera.

May i know if you would consider using that for your studio work ??

It's 50 megapixel but the size of the sensor means that the image quality and exposure range cannot match the medium format used by Hassy, Phase One and the latest Pentax 645.

For sports photography the 16 to 18 megapixel range is still the sweet spot. Larger files slow down the FPS performance which is what action stills need in order to increase the odds of nailing the money shot.

So it is still Phase One for the studio and Nikon D4 for action and Olympus OMD-EM1 for street and travel photography.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's 50 megapixel but the size of the sensor means that the image quality and exposure range cannot match the medium format used by Hassy, Phase One and the latest Pentax 645.

For sports photography the 16 to 18 megapixel range is still the sweet spot. Larger files slow down the FPS performance which is what action stills need in order to increase the odds of nailing the money shot.

So it is still Phase One for the studio and Nikon D4 for action and Olympus OMD-EM1 for street and travel photography.

so No, i heard pentax 645Z is pretty good for the price.
Since when did you upgrade from OMD E-M5 to EM1? hardly any difference between the two.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
so No, i heard pentax 645Z is pretty good for the price.
Since when did you upgrade from OMD E-M5 to EM1? hardly any difference between the two.

That was almost 2 years ago when the EM1 was introduced. There are number of subtle differences that make the EM1 a better camera.

EM1-Vs-EM5-fixed2.jpg

The fact that I don't use my EM5 anymore shows that the EM1 has to be better.

The Pentax 645 is a great camera and if it had proper tethering built in I would not hesitate to get one. The camera body is far better than the phase one and it is weather sealed and could be used outdoors whereas my phase one is confined to the studio.