• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canon and Nikon DSLR future discussion

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i wonder what is the battery life of AIR and the phone.

Battery life is the main problem I have with the Olympus and the Fuji mirrorless I use. You're lucky to get 400 shots on one charge.

I need 2 extra batteries for a day's worth of shooting.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Battery life is the main problem I have with the Olympus and the Fuji mirrorless I use. You're lucky to get 400 shots on one charge.

I need 2 extra batteries for a day's worth of shooting.

TRUE, very lame for the company to put such a small battery and charge a very high price.
Panasonic is different, panasonic GH4 battery is good.
But the weight of the mirrorless setup is much lighter. The focusing will get better in time.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this guy do not skim on quality. normally people go for go pro.
what a guy!

A7II_actioncamera.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG
ILCE-7RM2_wFE35F14Z_right-700x525.jpeg

A7rII:

42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
BIONZ X Image Processor
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
Internal 4K XAVC S Video & S-Log2 Gamma
Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Body
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
ISO 102,400
no shutter blade motion
3,5x faster than the A7r
A7rII focus is almost 40% faster than the one of the A7r
Shipping in August

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
OMG

A7rII:

42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
BIONZ X Image Processor
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
Internal 4K XAVC S Video & S-Log2 Gamma
Weather-Resistant Magnesium Alloy Body
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
ISO 102,400
no shutter blade motion
3,5x faster than the A7r
A7rII focus is almost 40% faster than the one of the A7r
Shipping in August

The war is on!

However nothing is more important than sensor size when it comes to image quality. The bigger the better.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did dpreview just said that i can use my canon lenses on a7rII and have full focusing speed?
WOW.
--------------------------------
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/89...r-ii-has-42-4mp-on-full-frame-bsi-cmos-sensor

Sony says the on-sensor phase-detection AF can be used with A-mount lenses using the simpler LA-E3 adapter, rather than the LA-E4 that had an SLT mechanism built in. At the press launch in New York we even got a glimpse of the a7R II autofocusing Canon EF lenses using a Metabones electronic adapter. Focus appeared to be on par with OVF focus on a native Canon body, and the AF experience itself didn't appear to be limited simply because you're using a third party lens (full coverage and tracking are available).

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2015/...onster-the-new-a7ii-r-see-my-hands-on-report/

Sony Creates a MONSTER! The new A7RII..see my hands on report!

I am writing today from NYC at a Sony Event held in the beautiful Le Parker Meridian Hotel. Myself and loads of other journalists, bloggers and camera geeks all packed into a meeting today with Sony to see what they were revealing. Not only did they reveal the A7RII, they also announced the new RX10II and RX100IV. ALL THREE are spectacular cameras with some amazing new tech that was very cool to see. Mirrorless cameras have matured..big time and Sony is leading the way without question.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2015/...onster-the-new-a7ii-r-see-my-hands-on-report/

Sony Creates a MONSTER! The new A7RII..see my hands on report!

I am writing today from NYC at a Sony Event held in the beautiful Le Parker Meridian Hotel. Myself and loads of other journalists, bloggers and camera geeks all packed into a meeting today with Sony to see what they were revealing. Not only did they reveal the A7RII, they also announced the new RX10II and RX100IV. ALL THREE are spectacular cameras with some amazing new tech that was very cool to see. Mirrorless cameras have matured..big time and Sony is leading the way without question.

It's good to see that Sony has found a new niche and have been very successful in leading the way in the mirrorless revolution.

Sony used to be my favorite brand in the good old days. All my stuff was Sony... walkman, TV, camcorder etc.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
[video=youtube_share;U4GTBkCxjcI]https://youtu.be/U4GTBkCxjcI[/video]

henrygoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 40 plus years of photography and owning so many lenses and cameras, I'm inclined to go buy a Leica Q and be done. My hands are now weak and shaky, eyes blurry so even my nicest Phaseone back sits idle.
The question is how should one sell off one's gear without losing a fortune. I have several lenses which I bought only to collect like the last 28mm F/1.4 Nikon, Hasselblad Sonnar 100 f/2.0 etc. Sigh, so much good stuff but no more good health to use them.