• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

market seem very bearish

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
My portfolio red now. From profit to losses.

So sad...I still have quite a lot share stuck there...

Not able to sell....

Very depressed....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the crash havent come yet....s&p500 is now at 2000,US currency base is expanded by 500%,fed is now 4.3 trillion in debt,qe3 is not over,USA has unlocked the secret sauce to ever increasing stock market,more q.e and print more money......like ACS said...."THE BEST IS YET TO COME".

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One may buy naked puts
No dirty thoughts please
Or use such options to hedge
Long positions in underlying
By the way news reporting about indices
Or stock closes can be very misleading
Big gap up but trade down for all day
Still reported as up if gap not closed

People don’t seem to grasp easily the fundamentals of stock trading. I have often said, that to buy on a rising market is the most comfortable way of buying stocks. Now, the point is not so much to buy as cheap as possible or go short at top prices, but to buy or sell at the right time. When I am bearish and I sell a stock, each sale must be at a lower level than the previous sale. When I am buying the reverse is true. I must buy on a rising scale. I don’t buy long stock on a scale down I buy on a scale up. - Jesse Livermore

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got st engineering. Ocbc. Singtel.
also mid cap n small cap.

Some drop 9% n I am still holding....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not here to trade stock,here to invest,the point is to buy as cheap as possible or wait for the crash.

One may buy naked puts
No dirty thoughts please
Or use such options to hedge
Long positions in underlying
By the way news reporting about indices
Or stock closes can be very misleading
Big gap up but trade down for all day
Still reported as up if gap not closed

People don’t seem to grasp easily the fundamentals of stock trading. I have often said, that to buy on a rising market is the most comfortable way of buying stocks. Now, the point is not so much to buy as cheap as possible or go short at top prices, but to buy or sell at the right time. When I am bearish and I sell a stock, each sale must be at a lower level than the previous sale. When I am buying the reverse is true. I must buy on a rising scale. I don’t buy long stock on a scale down I buy on a scale up. - Jesse Livermore

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got st engineering. Ocbc. Singtel.
also mid cap n small cap.

Some drop 9% n I am still holding....

those are pretty solid companies.......singtel has dividends too....i cant tell u whether their prices will go up in the future or they are already at their peak price,just sell the counters that ur not sure of.maybe stick to the solid blue chip companies that have strong dividend histories.

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
When life gives u lemons, make lemonade.

When market seems very bearish, go buy teddy bears

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those are pretty solid companies.......singtel has dividends too....i cant tell u whether their prices will go up in the future or they are already at their peak price,just sell the counters that ur not sure of.maybe stick to the solid blue chip companies that have strong dividend histories.

Buy US stocks, dump sinkee equities.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
i plan to keep few years liao. hope this stock i will not keep till i step into my coffin then.

bank account <10k now, a bit sian..have to start to save again.

then have to spend few k to subscribe the ocbc right...sighz...really pok gai

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i plan to keep few years liao. hope this stock i will not keep till i step into my coffin then.

bank account <10k now, a bit sian..have to start to save again.

then have to spend few k to subscribe the ocbc right...sighz...really pok gai

just buy index funds bah,save all the trouble....otherwise u will be burning up lots of money if u dunno what ur doing....read some books on index investing....

The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing pays homage to Bogle and Vanguard, but goes much further to include guidance on general financial planning, tax management, insurance, and more.

The Four Pillars of Investing gives advice on indexing within a context of understanding the market.

All About Index Funds tells you ... all about index funds: a compact, comprehensive resource.

How a Second Grader Beats Wall Street presents an ultra-simple portfolio of just three index funds, and provides lots of practical guidance. Anybody past the paste-eating stage can learn from this book.

Unconventional Success covers advanced topics, including reasons why some indexes and funds are better than others. The author writes like a man on a mission, warning you about "slimy" practices that the industry would rather keep hidden.