• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The current push for ITE and Poly grads.. what about Uni grads then?

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right after the national day rally (no caps for first letters as it's no big deal, yes?).. the local media puts out all the "moves" by the incumbent govt that supports the call by the inempt ah loong's call for ITE and Poly students to have better opportunities.. for them to be taken care of.. even if they don't have university degrees.

As we all know, universities are a place for higher education.. it is those who, sadly, have this narrow view, that uni degrees will give you better jobs.. that makes the reality so hard to bear for those grads. Let me not be the first to say.. uni degrees may give you some advantage in hunting for jobs.. however, it is not a paper that guarantees that you WILL get a job.. or even be successful in a job. And.. I will say.. that a uni should be a place where you attain knowledge, and also a institution that seeks to help it's students find suitable placements in companies. Many foreign unis have Career Guidance Counselors that go from helping the undergrad build a resume, to interview skills, pre-interview preparations.. and also proper etiquette.. eg dress right, proper and positive body language.. the works. These are to prepare undergrads to face the REAL WORLD out there.. where first impression counts so much.. that if you mess up in a mere 15 seconds.. you are eliminated for the chance to have a second interview.

Let's ask the local grads.. do the unis here provide such for them? Or are they just busy with just academic studies, projects, thesis papers.. and nothing else?

But.. I digress. The sudden message by that ah loong.. has raised a question in me... so you want the people to believe you.. that you will look after them even if they don't have a uni degree? A huge number of PMETs have degrees or higher.. yet they still struggle to find permanent jobs in today's SG employment scene.. so what is the govt doing to help them?

Then.. it raises another question in me.. so your call has led to so many initiaves being rolled out to attract people to go to ITE and Poly... so.. what about the uni grads then.. ?? Are the uni grads being ditched? Abandoned? Cast aside?!! It seems that when my friends told me that local unis are getting more and more foreign students.. they are actually telling me that locals are being shunned in local unis!(??) And with the govt giving free financial assistance to almost ALL foreign students in our local unis.. why not save on this kind of expenses and help our local students (who either can or cannot afford the tuition fees in unis) get that degree.. and also spend on teaching them and preparing them for the real working world? Teach them interview skills.. all the works.. don't waste our taxpayers' monies on giving the foreign students a FREE RIDE in SG.. and let them go home without any responsibility to SG when they graduate!!??

To all, whether you are a undergrad, grad or have kids who are undergrad or grads, ah loong is indirectly saying to you, "all you uni grads will not have any more help from the govt!!" You are on your own! But wait.. !! Isn't this the way ALL ALONG?!! When has the bloody govt actually taken care of the local Singaporean people? From raising living costs constantly.. to the ever implementing of restrictions on CPF withdrawals.. is that taking care of it's citizens?

Singaporeans... ah loong loves to screw you.. time and time again.. over and over.. continue to believe him and his cronies and get screwed everytime. There is no more chance for him in my books. My choice is clear.. he and his cronies are not coming near my ass or me.. NEVER AGAIN!!

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro.. where the hell did you go.. took you long enuf to come back here.
And.. I for one am not convinced that farging loong cares for those with or without degrees.. he just wants slaves for him to order around. Believe him and yes.. get screwed everyday, anytime.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro.. where the hell did you go.. took you long enuf to come back here.
And.. I for one am not convinced that farging loong cares for those with or without degrees.. he just wants slaves for him to order around. Believe him and yes.. get screwed everyday, anytime.

Yo bro,

haha... went around la.. would you believe that now.. for temp jobs.. they want to interview you??
The competition is that terrible.. 3-5 years back.. temp jobs where got interview? I go and start work after send in resume.. but now.. the employment scene is that tough. Employers are very choosy.. and they really check on pay expectations and also dig up on your past work experiences.. like temp job matters that much??

haiz.. well. at least that Swede professor spoke up for uni grads.. at the rate we are going here.. allowing so many questionable foreign trash in.. SG may have ALREADY become a second rate country in the eyes of the international community.