• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

elaborate funerals=better prospects in afterlife?

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
some older and lower educated folks in sg insist on elaborate funeral arrangements.

i don't see what's the point. I mean, if you are a good person, God will reward you when u pass on. If you are a bad person, no amount of funeral rituals or other related stuff will change your fate for the better.

When I drop dead, I just want the simplest arrangement possible. Just cremate and scatter my ashes in the sea. No chanting, no religious arrangement or whatever. In fact, I don't even want my family to collect my corpse. I prefer them to save the money.

Just let the State take care of the funeral arrangements.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you know how God thinks?

Have you read the bible? God standards of a good person is very high.

Every single good person always fall short of his glory. They are all going to hell.

Unless you repent and accept Jesus as your savior.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share the same sentiments, but many cases, its the living relatives who have a say. They will likely want a ritual according to their religious/ethnic faith and customs. Personally, how we treat a person when they're alive is more important than when they've passed on. Some rituals can be arduos and expensive and in actuality does nothing for the deceased.

Cheers!

..........When I drop dead, I just want the simplest arrangement possible. Just cremate and scatter my ashes in the sea. No chanting, no religious arrangement or whatever. In fact, I don't even want my family to collect my corpse. I prefer them to save the money.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some older and lower educated folks in sg insist on elaborate funeral arrangements.

i don't see what's the point. I mean, if you are a good person, God will reward you when u pass on. If you are a bad person, no amount of funeral rituals or other related stuff will change your fate for the better.

When I drop dead, I just want the simplest arrangement possible. Just cremate and scatter my ashes in the sea. No chanting, no religious arrangement or whatever. In fact, I don't even want my family to collect my corpse. I prefer them to save the money.

Dont talk cock
The cheebye State will take care of your organs only
Funeral cost to be paid by your family and estate.
Come on!

They got to laugh all the way to their banks and back from their banks

Every single good person always fall short of his glory. They are all going to hell.

And you know what God thinks is it?
And you speak for that cheebyelangjeow GOD of yours?
He so fucking pathetic and incompetent and useless that he must rely on a turdhead like you to be his spokesperson?

Your Jesus can suck my cock.
But only if Jesus got a cunt and do not have a moley mole face.

Your Jesus better have a very deep throat or I ram that in all the way to the perineum.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The more money you spend on your old folks' funeral, the more filial and well-to-do you present yourself to be.

Silly Chinese traditions. :biggrin:

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are talking rubbish. Hell and heaven are fictitious places from the myth spinning bible. When you die, you die. Your body rots. So, what goes to hell or heaven? Nothing.
Jesus? This is a made up entity like the Roman, Grecian or Egyptian gods, and has his roots in Indo-Persian-Roman religions and history. Read more to come out of your mouse-trap. http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pure wishful thinking....................just like heaven.............