• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70-Yr-Old Widow JAILED for for owing FAP Traitors $411 in conservancy fees. Song Bo?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just2share <!-- start: postbit_offline --> http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif <!-- end: postbit_offline -->
<!-- start: postbit_avatar --> http://sgfuck.org/mybb/uploads/avatars/avatar_3690.jpg?dateline=1408712228 <!-- end: postbit_avatar -->
<!-- start: postbit_author_user --> Posts: 1,697 <!-- start: postbit_reputation -->
Reputation: 15 <!-- end: postbit_reputation --> <!-- end: postbit_author_user -->
<cite>Quote:</cite>A WOMAN in her 70s was detained and summoned to court for owing $411 in conservancy fees, Shin Min Daily News reported yesterday.

Madam Lee, who lives in Lengkok Bahru, told Shin Min that she received the summons two weeks ago. She could not read English and had to ask a friend to translate it.

She is accused of owing the Tanjong Pagar Town Council $411 in conservancy fees, and can be fined $1,000 if found guilty.

According to the town council, Madam Lee has been late many times, and usually only paid when issued a court letter.

The 75-year-old said she seldom opens her letterbox. "My husband died in 2008, and I stopped working in 2003," she told Shin Min. "I pay only when I have money to spare."

She added that her husband had been ill before he died and she had been delaying the $55 monthly payments since then.

The town council said it has told Madam Lee repeatedly to inform it if she faces financial difficulty. It has issued her five court notices since 2000.

This month, Madam Lee said she turned herself in at a police station. She was offered bail, but chose to remain in custody. After two days, she paid the $1,000 in bail and was released.

Chia Shi Lu, an MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, said that residents who are unable to pay the fees can speak to the town council or approach the MPs for help.

He said the town council issues court summonses only to tardy residents after sending them reminders, visiting them in person, and not getting a response after six months.​

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 70-Yr-Old Widow JAILED for for owing FAP Traitors $411 in conservancy fees. Song

She probably a pap voter hahaha
Note that unlike other fines, going to jail is not in default.....come out of jail she still liable to pay the town council plus extra charges, interests and lawyer fees. Haha pap huat ah!

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 70-Yr-Old Widow JAILED for for owing FAP Traitors $411 in conservancy fees. Song

Who bailed her out?

She obviously could not afford to pay even $500

Methinks some kind soul felt the pain of her remand at the lock-up for 2 days .....

新加坡内阁总李

Alfrescian
Loyal

thank you PAP. fuck u dead!

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/woman-75-detained-conservancy-fee-arrears

Woman, 75, detained for conservancy fee arrears
MyPaperWednesday, Aug 27, 2014
260514_Money_NP.jpg

*204 *21 *0
Print
A woman in her 70s was detained and summoned to court for owing $411 in conservancy fees, Shin Min Daily News reported yesterday.

Madam Lee, who lives in Lengkok Bahru, told Shin Min that she received the summons two weeks ago. She could not read English and had to ask a friend to translate it.

She is accused of owing the Tanjong Pagar Town Council $411 in conservancy fees, and can be fined $1,000 if found guilty.

According to the town council, Madam Lee has been late many times, and usually only paid when issued a court letter.

The 75-year-old said she seldom opens her letterbox. "My husband died in 2008, and I stopped working in 2003," she told Shin Min. "I pay only when I have money to spare."

She added that her husband had been ill before he died and she had been delaying the $55 monthly payments since then.

The town council said it has told Madam Lee repeatedly to inform it if she faces financial difficulty. It has issued her five court notices since 2000.

This month, Madam Lee said she turned herself in at a police station. She was offered bail, but chose to remain in custody. After two days, she paid the $1,000 in bail and was released.

Chia Shi Lu, an MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, said that residents who are unable to pay the fees can speak to the town council or approach the MPs for help.

He said the town council issues court summonses only to tardy residents after sending them reminders, visiting them in person, and not getting a response after six months.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why her Tanjong Pagar MP did not help her?

The MP spend the time more gainfully HEE HEE HAA HAA HOOO HO HOO HO laughing all the way to his bank

They continue to laugh all the way to their banks
And all the way back from their banks

HA HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE HE HEEEE
HOO HO HOOO HO HO

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

She has no one to blame except herself for not getting into an elite school and work harder when she is younger.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Owe$ Pay$ !

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are not ah loong lah! ah loong writes O$P$ simple and sweet.

ha a ha haa!
Very $ong

He only an ah loong pretender.
Just splashing paint on walls and gates and thinking he an ah loong.

Very $ong

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why must Jail her, just sue her for Bankruptcy and evict her from her unit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why must Jail her, just sue her for Bankruptcy and evict her from her unit.

Jail to break her first....then comes the bankruptcy.
Slowly step by step law by law mah....then finally claim the prize....that's the pap way.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No one will be left behind when going to court and jail in this Inclusive Society.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Conservancy fees? Ah neh got sweep the common corridors or not? I only see them wayang here and there, sometimes MIA for couples of days or weeks. FuCk you understand!

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The evils and bastardness of PAP white skunks know no bounds.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He said the town council issues court summonses only to tardy residents after sending them reminders, visiting them in person, and not getting a response after six months.

The statement of this arse-hole of an MP summarises the fcuking attitude of the MIWs - come and see (aka BEG) us and we will CONSIDER giving you help.
The grassLOOTERs are too busy looting the community to care.
Even when this is a specific instance brought up in the press, the fcuking MP should have just told one of the porlampars to sort it out - and give them a boll-licking for not even being able to have identified the problem
All this nonsense about not allowing citizens to fall through the cracks.
This one has fallen and this arse-hole of an MP says, "I can see you through the crack; give me a call and I will see what I can do."

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think this town council's action has gone too far?

Town council issues court summons to elderly woman for owing $411

Shin Min Daily News reported yesterday (26 Aug) that a 75-year-old Mdm Lee was detained and summoned to court for owing $411 in conservancy fees to Tanjong Pagar Town Council.

Mdm Lee lives in Lengkok Bahru in Bukit Merah. She told the media that she received the summon two weeks ago.

She said, “Because I don’t understand English, I asked my friend to translate. It turned out to be a court summon. It said that if I don’t attend court, I will be arrested.”

She is accused of owing Tanjong Pagar Town Council some 8.5 months of conservancy charges, amounting to $411. She is said to have infringed the Town Council Act.

According to the town council, Mdm Lee has been late in her payments many times, and usually only pays when she is issued a court letter.

Mdm Lee further told the media, “My husband died in 2008, and I stopped working in 2003. I pay only when I have money to spare.”

She added that her husband had been ill before he died and she had been delaying the $55 monthly payments off-and-on since then.

So far, she has received 5 court notices from the town council. Unfortunately, the pioneer generation package she has probably received by now will not be able to help her pay for the conservancy charges owed to the town council.

This month, unable to pay, Mdm Lee said she turned herself in at a police station. She was offered bail, but chose to remain in custody. After two days, the $1,000 bail was paid and she was released.

Dr Chia Shi Lu, a walkover PAP MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, said that residents who are unable to pay the fees can speak to the town council or approach the MPs for help. He said that the town council issues court summonses “only to tardy residents” after sending them reminders and visiting them in person.

Since Dr Chia implied that Mdm Lee had been visited in person, it’s not known why she was not given help by Tanjong Pagar GRC MPs since she is obviously in dire straits. Perhaps the town council officers who visited Mdm Lee forgot to tell Dr Chia?

Meanwhile, Dr Chia had blamed the new flat design in Tanjong Pagar GRC for fewer national flags being flown in this year’s National Day celebration (‘PAP MPs try to explain why fewer flats flying SG flag‘). He said that the newer blocks in Queenstown do not have common corridors facing the outside, making it harder to display flags.

In Singapore, it’s important for the elderly to continue working as long as they are alive as they need to continue to pay fees such as the town council conservancy charges owed by Mdm Lee.

In 2011, the former head of ageing issues at the World Health Organisation (WHO), Dr Alexandre Kalache, pointed out that while Singapore had done exceedingly well in increasing life expectancy, it had miles to go in helping its elderly age with dignity.

Men and women in their 70s being forced to clean tables at hawker centres, scrub apartment blocks or slog in the hot sun as security guards were not signs of “active ageing”, said Dr Kalache, who had spent some 15 years crafting ageing policies at the WHO.

He pointed out that much of the developed world already had “non-contributory pensions” – or handouts – for low-income older folk, saving them the indignity of hard labour at a time in life when many may want to retire and rest.

“I am all for active ageing, but… to make you work till you practically drop dead is not human,” he said.

Sad to say, the only time Tanjong Pagar Town Council won’t summon people in Mdm Lee’s situation is when they really drop dead.

Source: http://www.tremeritus.com/2014/08/27/town-council-summons-elderly-person-for-owing-411/