• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS Boy Who Is Now SMRT CEO In Hot Soup For Letting ACS Cheaply Charter Trains

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

ACS BOY WHO IS NOW SMRT CEO IN HOT SOUP FOR LETTING ACS CHEAPLY CHARTER TRAINS
Post date: 27 Aug 2014 - 2:17am

acs.jpg

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) explained on Tuesday that it will be taking action against SMRT for its recent decision to allow 5 MRT trains to be chartered for ACS(I) to ferry staff, students and supporters to the National Stadium for their C Division Rugby Final.

LTA explained that the Circle Line license granted to SMRT required them to seek prior approval for chartered train services.

SMRT failed to do this before allowing ACS(I) to exclusively use 5 of their trains.

Currently, LTA is "looking into the appropriate action to take" for the violation of their licensing terms.

They also gave SMRT a warning to remind them that their primary focus should be providing transport to the public at large.

SMRT had earlier explained that they have chartered trains in the past for large scale events and that such chartering services are strictly for off-peak periods only and they run between normal train services so as not to disrupt the public.

They also insisted that the normal train times would maintain their regular intervals even when there are chartered trains running in between them.

In total, about 3,000 ACS(I) staff, students and supporters boarded the chartered trains on the Circle Line on Tuesday to travel between their campus and the National Stadium.

ACS(I) beat St Andrew's Secondary 28-8 in the rugby final which was also the first school final to be held at the brand new National Stadium.

ACS(I) had earlier explained that they chose to charter the MRT trains because it was more cost-effective than chartering over 100 buses to get to their destination.

It was reported by Straits Times that the cost came down to about $2 per head, but in that report, they also indicated that there would be about 5000 people to ferry, not the 3000 who actually took the chartered trains.

It is not known what the full cost of the chartering services was as neither ACS(I) nor SMRT gave such details to the media.

Some netizens are speculating that ACS(I) received a discount or special, favourable treatment from SMRT CEO Desmond Kuek who is himself an ACS alumni.

Desmond Kuek Bak Chye is a Singaporean business executive and former army general. He was the sixth Chief of Defence Force of the Singapore Armed Forces from 2007–2010 and held the rank of Lieutenant-General. He is currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of SMRT Corporation.

SMRT has been plagued with problems recently with multiple, major breakdowns. It was just fined a record $1.1 million last year for several, severe lapses in service standard and yet, many commuters have not felt any improvment in reliability.

Meanwhile, SMRT also enjoyed a 37% rise in net profits in the last quarter while Singaporeans are burdened with with rising fares. (SMRT enjoys 37% rise in profits in Q1 thanks to Fare hikes)

Do you think an army paper general has the right skills to lead a public transport company well?

End Of Article​

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What's the point of having connections in high places if you cannot use them to your advantage.

ACS is the best. The rest of Singapore is simply jealous because they couldn't get into ACS.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This incident shows once and for all that ACS is BULLSHIT!

Raffles is the best!

AUSPICIUM MELIORIS AEVI!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the point of having connections in high places if you cannot use them to your advantage.

ACS is the best. The rest of Singapore is simply jealous because they couldn't get into ACS.
Got point one. Otherwise last time people would not stick SICC car park label although they are not member.

Although I may not be doing well, I will feel good just by being from same school as Vivian and Desmond you know. The sense of being one of them in the remotest way, is Shiok.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's ok, it's alright, acs is the best...and moreover, it's desmond's ah gong mrt...:rolleyes:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

so what connections have you use or misuse? care to share?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what if Ho Ching gave permission, would LTA dare to raise the Question that
the CEO of SMRT must seek their permission, hahahah!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
desmond treat the train like his father's pte taxi. suka suka charter out. he learns the rope well fr the old fart.