• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS Boy Who Is Now SMRT CEO In Hot Soup For Letting ACS Cheaply Charter Trains

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This would not be an issue if the boss in LTA is also from ACS.

What's the point of having connections in high places if you cannot use them to your advantage.

ACS is the best. The rest of Singapore is simply jealous because they couldn't get into ACS.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If out of service buses can be chartered, why out the out of service trains?

Still a business transaction.
Chartered buses do not need to occupy bus stop and inconvenience other public uses. Chartered buses can use other roads and not cause congestion to roads of existing bus services.

However, trains can only pick up passengers from stations. Existing train services will be affected at the affected station. Trains must run on the same track. If the number of chartered train is significant, it may also affect the timing of existing services. Unless our service is so infrequent that we can add on more trains during the free intervals of the existing service for the public.

However, we are talking of thousands of people for the chartered train boarding from same station. There will be effect. If AC'S pay higher than normal fare, then it may be considered a business transaction. Even then, it is against the grain of the original intention of providing train service as the mode of transport for general public.

Why go through the trouble of congregating at specific designation to take a chartered train -especially the parents and old boys? I can only think of one answer, "vanity", as there is no saving nor convenience gained for these adults.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just cannot understand why do the school need to charter trains for their students ? Can't they go on their own ? Who is the bright light in the school for suggesting this idea ?

Why did Desmond Quek accept such request ? Or he thought he was doing some good DEED for his former school as a ALUMINI ?

Lui must quickly take action against his former colleague from SAF or else LUI's career and reputation will be in taters. Why didn't Desmond pick the phone and call up Lui for some pointers before accepting such invitation ? It puzzles me from any angles i look at it .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just cannot understand why do the school need to charter trains for their students ? Can't they go on their own ? Who is the bright light in the school for suggesting this idea ?

Why did Desmond Quek accept such request ? Or he thought he was doing some good DEED for his former school as a ALUMINI ?

Lui must quickly take action against his former colleague from SAF or else LUI's career and reputation will be in taters. Why didn't Desmond pick the phone and call up Lui for some pointers before accepting such invitation ? It puzzles me from any angles i look at it .

Lui Fuck You is not ACS boy but he went to ACJC.....like this counted bo?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The CEO LTA also quite power.

Maybe he kenna tekan by Quek when he was a staff officer in MINDEF?

Hock Yong Chew's Experience

Chief Executive
Land Transport Authority
Government Agency; 1001-5000 employees; Transportation/Trucking/Railroad industry
September 2010 – Present (4 years)

Chairman
MSI Global
September 2010 – Present (4 years)

Board and Audit Comm Member
International Enterprise Singapore
Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; International Trade and Development industry
January 2010 – Present (4 years 8 months)

Board & HR Committee Member
SISTIC.com Pte Ltd
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Events Services industry
May 2005 – Present (9 years 4 months)

Audit Committee Chairman & Board Member
Singapore Sports Council
Government Agency; 501-1000 employees; Sports industry
May 2004 – September 2010 (6 years 5 months)

Board & Exco & Finance Committee Member
National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre
Nonprofit; 11-50 employees; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
2004 – September 2010 (6 years)

Director (Budget)
Singapore Ministry of Finance
August 2001 – May 2004 (2 years 10 months)

Director (Policy & Operations)
Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs
1996 – 2000 (4 years)

Director (Joint Operations)
Ministry of Home Affairs
1996 – 2000 (4 years)

Deputy Director (Corporate Services & Telecoms)
Singapore Ministry of Communications
1992 – 1996 (4 years)

Staff Officer
Singapore Ministry of Defence
1991 – 1992 (1 year)

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....again barking the wrong tree.....
in this particular case, smrt did not seek prior approval from lta...thereby breaching the contractual term between smrt and lta....
they will have to face the music....

but smrt has apparently chartered their trains before...
as long as normal service to the public is not affected, they have the rights to optimise the use of their assets....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, so corrupt still can keep his job.

Are there no more talents in SMRT? Surely one of the veterans who has won a long service award with SMRT could have done a better job than the appointed military trash. :wink:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya. So big oredi still treat them like baby..
By the way, i will continue my journey home..:p

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the point of having connections in high places if you cannot use them to your advantage.

ACS is the best. The rest of Singapore is simply jealous because they couldn't get into ACS.

I do not believe that jealousy is an issue, because ACS, during my school days, is known as a 'Rich Men's School", but the the BEST.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I said...this Forum needs more Rafflesian and ACS boys. These neighbourhood school kids are just whiners and retards. Thankfully our core PAP leadership are made up of good Rafflesians and ACS boys. Or else this country will be in shit.