• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1 question on swimming competition

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got 1 question to ask regarding swimming competition. In a e.g 800m freestyle , they are suppose to swim 16 X 50m. Is there any cases in history whereby the first position swimmer completed the 16th length but forgot it is already 16 length and continue to flip ? If yes will he still get the first position or disqualify ?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once you touch they will count the time. If you see nobody following you and everybody stop just pretend you are just cooling down and swim back to lor! I have never heard of disqualification in such situations. Only for repeated false starts.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think?

I got 1 question to ask regarding swimming competition. In a e.g 800m freestyle , they are suppose to swim 16 X 50m. Is there any cases in history whereby the first position swimmer completed the 16th length but forgot it is already 16 length and continue to flip ? If yes will he still get the first position or disqualify ?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If he touches the wall, the stopwatch will clock his time. If he flips without touching the wall, then the clock continues to run.

Anyway, in a real competition it doesn't happen because on the 14th lap the bell rings reminding all competitors there are 2 more to go. But occasionally I've seen swimmers mistake the 14th lap for the final one and they actually stopped, only to be told by their coaches to go on.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

You seem to have lots of questions today :rolleyes:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he touches the wall, the stopwatch will clock his time. If he flips without touching the wall, then the clock continues to run.

Anyway, in a real competition it doesn't happen because on the 14th lap the bell rings reminding all competitors there are 2 more to go. But occasionally I've seen swimmers mistake the 14th lap for the final one and they actually stopped, only to be told by their coaches to go on.

Oic got bell ring lah. I never see bell ring for swimming maybe those are not super long distant, so even last lap I didn't know and sudden lose bet with a friend . :cool:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Flip sure touch the wall. Because swimmer will kick the wall every flip. If not consider never reach.
Eg. swimmer flip half way no right!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Flip sure touch the wall. Because swimmer will kick the wall every flip. If not consider never reach.
for freestyle
has to touch the wall with any body part, usually the hand.

so if u do the flip and no 2 swimmer touches first with his hand, then ur legs touch, you dont take fist place

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If your legs touch the wall after flipping, clock stops. But you'll definitely lose to the #2 swimmer who'd have touched first with his hands without flipping.

jw5

Loyal
chootchiew

Do you know that freestyle means you can swim any style, including front crawl (the preferred choice for most), butterfly, breast stroke or back stroke?