• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACS (I) trusts the MRT

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are stupid to join the opposition ...true ACSians stay with the establishment. The whole country is run by ACSian.

LKY Raffles
Gecko supposedly MGS and then Raffles
LHL and LHY Neither
Offspring: Haoyi ACS (I) Hongyi possibly ACS I Albino (special school dunno which) Shengwu Raffles

A mixture of all.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/acs-i-rugby-train-ing-lta/1331292.html

[h=2]TITLE: ACS(I) rugby 'train-ing': LTA may take action against SMRT[/h]POSTED: 26 Aug 2014 22:46
URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/acs-i-rugby-train-ing-lta/1331292.html

LTA said SMRT did not seek its approval before chartering five trains for Anglo-Chinese Independent students and staff.SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is looking at taking "appropriate action" against transport operator SMRT after Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) School chartered five MRT trains as transport to a rugby match on Tuesday (Aug 26).

MediaCorp's 938 Live reports that more than 3,000 students, staff and other supporters such as parents and alumni match were to be ferried to the match in time for its 4pm kick-off. The hired trains travelled continuously from One-North station to Stadium MRT station at seven minutes intervals.

LTA said SMRT did not seek its approval before agreeing to provide the service to ACS(I). "Under the Circle Line licence, SMRT has to seek LTA's prior approval for the provision of train services that are not open to the general commuting public," LTA said in a statement.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
What approval? Want to fine smrt again; for $$$$ sake.
Pls lah, LTA.....do u know what is togetherness n National Spirit.
Maybe VB, Hen, Lui can knock the LTA heads.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What approval? Want to fine smrt again; for $$$$ sake.
Pls lah, LTA.....do u know what is togetherness n National Spirit.
Maybe VB, Hen, Lui can knock the LTA heads.

The mrt system is owned by the govt, built using tax payers money for use by the public. Smrt is just the appointed contractor to operate and maintain the system in accordance to guidelines stipulated in the contract. If the mode of operation differs from the contact, approval must be sought from LTA who is the govt rep. Therefore, chartering of train must have fallen outside the ambit of the contractual agreement.

More interesting is why is the CEO ignorant of such basic contractual limitation. Did someone way above him casually passed a remark that it would be refreshing to ferry the people by train and he took it as god's words, only to realize now that it has backfired.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ACS is the BEST!

406873423_7296138214.jpg

Yet to be...

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mrt system is owned by the govt, built using tax payers money for use by the public. Smrt is just the appointed contractor to operate and maintain the system in accordance to guidelines stipulated in the contract. If the mode of operation differs from the contact, approval must be sought from LTA who is the govt rep. Therefore, chartering of train must have fallen outside the ambit of the contractual agreement.

More interesting is why is the CEO ignorant of such basic contractual limitation. Did someone way above him casually passed a remark that it would be refreshing to ferry the people by train and he took it as god's words, only to realize now that it has backfired.

yes, u are right....But 3k people, larger than a brigade contigent.. if deployment is needed at Raffles Pl, what decision would u make considering the jams, accessibility?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, u are right....But 3k people, larger than a brigade contigent.. if deployment is needed at Raffles Pl, what decision would u make considering the jams, accessibility?

I would probably make the same decision as St Andrews. Make your own way there . Be street smart. Don't fix to one mode of transportation. Take bus and walk a little if necessary. I would not gather 3k people at the same place, same time and causing a jam - especially those parents and old boys.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the LED display: instead of showing the time and destination, it displays the ACS motto "The best is yet to be".

What a bunch of self-glorifying cunts. :rolleyes:

rugby26e_2x.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY Raffles
Gecko supposedly MGS and then Raffles
LHL and LHY Neither
Offspring: Haoyi ACS (I) Hongyi possibly ACS I Albino (special school dunno which) Shengwu Raffles

A mixture of all.

Didn't Albino attended S.A.S?? SINgapore American School?? :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They said trains have been chartered before....
Now interesting to see by who and for what purpose previously....

Come to think of it, now it makes perfect sense why sometimes trains passed by stations and did not stop, or were announced publicly as 'not for boarding'. Initially I had thought it was due to technical issues or emergency maintenance.

Now we know. :wink:

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do like ACS boys generally speaking. More gracious and knows what I want. But they have a tendency to stray.

RI boys are generally nerds. Very unromantic and quite retard in knowing what I want.