• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TPL - most improved PAP MP

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;4SgWDypg1Fk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SgWDypg1Fk[/video]

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still think that Nicole will outperform TPL as the latter is seen to e passenger dependent on others. Nicole does very well on the stage, has presence and can out debate TPL. The Opposition profile of quality candidates has also been rising and she has been part of the new group. She however has to put her house and her personal life in order. People remember what she did in 2011 and very young as well.

What I have been told is that the whole Eastern Bloc which is vulnerable may see some drastic changes.

NS may win TPL hands down on debates but PAP is smart enough to deny NS the stage to capitalise on her strength while TPL focus on her grassroots outreach. We don't really see NS or NSP doing much on grassroots level.

GE11 for MP GRC is freak result that is unlikely to repeat. In a way I expected PAP to sing praise on TPL since she is doing her job quietly behind the scene to prove her detractors wrong.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nicole is no different from a tired prostitute. Please dont overplay her role. She has achieved nothing and will achieve nothing. Period.

I have nothing against Nicole Seah; I just think she has not done the basics to get a chance over the other opposition candidates (especially those running on the WP ticket).

But to call her a prostitute shows enough disrespect as a reason alone to vote the PAP out. No one linked to the opposition has ever called the PM a gigolo.

I will remember this tagline whenever you post:

PAP supporters: "Opposition member Nicole Seah is a tired prostitute."

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
She is most improved because when she first joined PAP, her cock sucking skills not very good. her fat ass husband of a perm sec who has never gotten a date in her life couldn't tell the diff. But after noted PAP boyars like Law Minister Shagyomama trained her properly, she can do all the dirty nasty things that Whore jinx does. So, she is most improved.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
compared her to the previous JBL MP..."MY"...TPL is definitely more hardworking and caring..
TPL deserves a 2nd term....:smile:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

IT WILL BE A SAD DAY IF MACPHERSON RESIDENTS CHOOSE TO KEEP TIN PEI LING
Post date: 25 Aug 2014 - 11:53am

thumb_2.jpg

I refer to Tin Pei Ling has done a great job and Won MacPherson Residents

Three years on, Marine Parade GRC MP Tin Pei Ling said she has not only grown up, but also grown a thicker hide.

Ms Tin admitted feeling the pressure of having to prove her worth early in her term, given the online excoriation she went through after GE2011. Her youth was initially touted as a major strength by the People's Action Party (PAP) when she was introduced as a candidate. It was supposed to be proof that the party had new blood that could connect with young voters via social media.

But this quickly backfired when photos on her Twitter account went viral, including one in which she posed with a Kate Spade box. Things got worse when she said her biggest regret was not taking her parents to Universal Studios and that she was a back-door MP.

After Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong put up his FB post about Tin Pei Ling doing a great job, netizens started raving about Tin Pei Ling and her estate management skills

Said one, "I was one of those who were rather sceptical of her post GE 2011 but I think she has proven that with determination & hard work you can change the mindsets of people. Congrats to Miss Tin & her team"

Another complimented, "She's my MP done a lot for elderly residents and transformed Macpherson estate into a beautiful place to stay I love the new park connector where i do my evening walk and all walkway are widen for wheel chair bound residents I am waiting for the Downtown line in operation the station is just opposite my flat. Thanks PM for sending her to Macpherson."

Another netizen commented on Lee Hsien Loong's posting, "Ms Tin was one of those who were there to spend time with my aged granny, when everyone else in my family were busy making ends meet..the joy I saw in my granny in one of the elderly event photos that was taken with Ms Tin..priceless"

Herein lies the danger of voting for an PAP MP just because the PAP MP managed their estate well or because they see their PAP MP faces on banners along void decks.

Macpherson residents who may want to vote for Tin Pei Ling just because she is nice to their elderly and gives out free goodies to the needy need to ask the following questions.

1) Has Tin Pei Ling done enough to pressure the incumbent PAP government to decrease GST from 7% to 5%?

2) Has Tin Pei Ling blocked/ voted against the White Paper 6.9 Million Population Plan?

3) During the GE2011, Tin Pei Ling has said she has asked the hawkers not to increase their hawker prices. Tin Pei Ling's husband is in MTI and has close links with the Prime Minister who has made no apologies in running Singapore like a corporation business. Has Tin Pei Ling done enough to pressure PAP not to increase their rents and in shopping malls?

4) How has Tin Pei Ling 's attendance so far in Parliament? She has absented herself more than 7 times since 2011 despite her being a full time MP. Click on http://therealsingapore.com/content...y-mohamad-paid-15000-skip-parliament-sessions

The above points has been addressed by Nicole Seah during her rally in 2011.

Many times, opposition MPs who are trying to get their foot into a GRC are at an disadvantage. They don't have People's Association to help them to disseminate their political manifesto and they have full-time jobs which leaves very little for them to meet the residents.

Nicole Seah who has a full time job is now in Thailand and can only make infrequent trips to Singapore for her house visits. Being an opposition politician like Nicole Seah also means she is unable to apply for government jobs and can only go for private sector.

Even if they do win GRCs, they are put on the last of estate upgrading and do not have access to public funding/ subsidies for their upgrading.

We need more MPs who can do more for Singaporeans on a national levels rather than just be good estate managers.

CJ

TRS Contributor

End Of Article​

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0xbjp4SkV0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rise of Tin Pei Ling as a honest and credible MP shows the good moulding of talent within the PAP.

Look at NSP and pathetic Nicole Seah...instead of serving the people, she ran away to Bangkok, have illicit relationships with married men and it ultimately shows the quality of opposition "one hit wonder" candidates when GE is near.

Through sheer hardwork on the ground, Tin Pei Ling has won the trust and respect of the residents she served.

Who knows if TPL has won the 'trust'? Pinky is not god, you know.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Macpherspn has long being the new Kreta Ayer. Both Goh Keng Swee and Richard Hu were never politicians and considered PSP grassroots leaders as sycophants. Great pains were taken to avoid involving Kreta Ayer in any development as it would mean displacing the residents and hitting the vote bank. Older folks prefer to retain their familiar surroundings amd thus to maintain the status quo.

As an MP she did nothing for her residents or her country. As full time social worker she looked after the residents. And for that we are paying her $16k a month.

Its duty of the Ministry or Community Development and other tax payer funded social agencies that has to look after these older folks. And I am sure they doing just that. Do they really need an expensive MP to do it or are we double counting.

And yes the PAP knows that half the people in Singapore have no idea what an MP is supposed to do and yes they are taking advantage of it.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not difficult to be the "most improved" after 2011... it is impossible to get any worse than the campaign disaster she was!

I can't forget her reply when reporters asked what her greatest regret was: Not being able take her parents to Universal studios!?!?!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That reply nailed her forever. She was interviewed in the context of a potential MP.

It is not difficult to be the "most improved" after 2011... it is impossible to get any worse than the campaign disaster she was!

I can't forget her reply when reporters asked what her greatest regret was: Not being able take her parents to Universal studios!?!?!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS is not a typical politician.
She is one among us, where she takes the challenge when need arises.
I would prefer her style of openness because she has nothing to hide.

I find myself being very cynical of people working in Public Relations. What they say in person always sounds overly engineered. I cannot take them seriously.