• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taxi driver income

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took a cab home after sending a friend off at the airport. Strike up a conversation with the driver and we spoke on the flights coming in, understand from the taxi driver, lately there has been fewer customer. I guess the strong sing dollar and expensive shopping in singapore has taken its toll. The taxi driver also mentioned that his earning has been impacted to a certain extent. Was wondering what do they make in a month assuming, driving for 12 hours daily, 6 days week. To hazard a guess, after taking into consideration, the rentals and cost of fuel, would estimate at 3k to 3.5k.

What do forummers think?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can be up to 4k-ish if discipline, have a strategy and do not take too many tea breaks and mei mei breaks. This includes 5% medisave contribution but does not consider the future medical bills of sitting in a taxi with aircon blowing into your face.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Several of my kawans drive taxi. 12 hrs, 7 days a week should bring in 3.5-4.5k. If just 8 hrs, 7 days a week, 2.5-3.5k.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can be up to 4k-ish if discipline, have a strategy and do not take too many tea breaks and mei mei breaks. This includes 5% medisave contribution but does not consider the future medical bills of sitting in a taxi with aircon blowing into your face.

Discipline needed. If lar kopi all the time, earnings sure lesser. Quite a number drive to pass time. No need to support family with children all working. I am considering driving one too.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Several of my kawans drive taxi. 12 hrs, 7 days a week should bring in 3.5-4.5k. If just 8 hrs, 7 days a week, 2.5-3.5k.

Few years later, your kawans will tell you they have heart diseases, kidneys problems, high blood pressures and high cholesterol.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not too long ago it was seven thousand bucks a month............. what happened?
aga papigs fault??

Itu budak, bohong!....the taxi drivers want to humtum him, but he 'siam', before anyone can do anything... these type of people famous for 吹!! :rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you all should ask me, i used to be a taxi elite pioneer...:biggrin:

on average 3k cash no problem for 10 hours 6 days week. that's my calculation based on night shift, and thanks to PM robert lee for bring in more foreigners. if not, taxi drivers can fly a real kite while plying the roads.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Occupational hazard.

There are more hazards then you think.
To make 'enough' one has to drive 10-12hrs per day.....can you shine being behind the wheel for so long? Everyday literally driving to from sg to hatyai.
Risk of accidents much higher, traffic violations, etc all will put you out of pocket.
Mundane unhealthy no life lifestyle.....all for 3.5-4k income?
Have to say it beats being a securiry guard, cleaner or dish washer anytime.
Thank you for voting pap hahaha

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Discipline needed. If lar kopi all the time, earnings sure lesser. Quite a number drive to pass time. No need to support family with children all working. I am considering driving one too.

Not advisable.

With the numerous smoking breaks you will take, I think not much earnings.:eek::biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To make 'enough' one has to drive 10-12hrs per day.....can you shine being behind the wheel for so long? Everyday literally driving to from sg to hatyai.
Risk of accidents much higher, traffic violations, etc all will put you out of pocket.

Thats is very true. It is very different from casual driving, like suka suka can drive or don't drive.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore taxis are probably cheapest in the world given the quality and cleanliness of the interior.

The taxi drivers are losers and they become lazy.

I have met many hardworking taxi drivers and they praise the PAP for giving them a decent job as a driver, for without which, their sons and daughters will probably have to beg in the streets and cannot afford to go to school.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought security guard walk here walk there very senang one ?:confused: