• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Human civilization - the exploring of ideas, values, consciousness

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why, Mr. Anderson? Why,Why do you do it? Why, why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting... for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although... only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo
u want to talk abt human civilzation, human consciousness

pls read the wes penre site and come back to here
http://wespenre.com/site-map.htm

Human civilization is a civilization of ideas and values. In each of our existences as part of the human race, we explore a vast myriad of ideas and concepts, a delve deeply into the complex web of interactions with our fellow men and women.

Right now in our world, mothers and fathers are exploring the meaning of raising a family, of commitment and responsibility. Romantic partners are exploring the ideas of love, fidelity, integrity, happiness, and the meaning of a shared destiny. All over the world, common men and women are exploring the ideas of human dignity, work, the struggle for achievement and recognition, morality, the meaning of wealth and freedom. Politicians are exploring the concepts of nation building, leadership, idealism versus realism, sacrifice, nobility, corruption, exploitation, slavery, violence, the meaning of democracy, individual and collective rights, peace and justice.

Human civilization studies these deeply profound ideas and issues and is embarking on an adventurous exploration of its psyche and its place in the universe. What is the individual’s role in human civilization? How does each of us contribute to this grand, cosmic undertaking, and what do we gain in return for our commitment and participation in this project?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the first step for mankind is to realize that our beliefs create our reality. So a belief in the power of violence will perpetuate the cycle of violence; a belief in the unworthiness of some will perpetuate inequality, and so on.

I think human beliefs are not constant but evolving. If you go to a new place with the beliefs that people there are good but after some experiences find that they are not then how can say that our beliefs create our reality? Our beliefs could be wrong in the first place, like in this instant wrong assumptions based on our limited understanding of people there. So our beliefs do not always create our reality but the reverse is always true, the reality should re-shape and re-create our beliefs. We cannot naively hold on to the old beliefs after knowing they are wrong.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine is in S'pore - Geylang fuckshops.

thats where all the PRC farmers and shitskin lowlifes and bangras love to gather and congregate and amass....on the fields of aljunied.....sounds more like hell to me.a paradise is a place without PRCs,shitskins and pinoys.....think i have to go to germany or netherlands instead.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GODS ? You mean Ancient Aliens that visited earth thousands of years ago built Pyramids with secrets we've unearth only recent years ? Search what's the link bt religions & Ancient Aliens. Search & U will find !

On HISTORY Channel ! Y'all still sleeping ........

http://www.history.com/shows/ancient-aliens/videos

[video=dailymotion;x1b63pg]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b63pg_ancient-aliens-the-mission-alien-ufo-paranormal-documentary_tv[/video]

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want to know the truth?..............But can you handle the truth?

Ok, cut the chase..............have you ever asked a stone if it can feel pain? Of course not, because you know it has no life.

So you've already associated pain with life and that of the living.

But if I tell you that non-newtonian substance can feel pain and react to it, would you believe me? But you will say this: It has no life.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You want to know the truth?..............But can you handle the truth?

Ok, cut the chase..............have you ever asked a stone if it can feel pain? Of course not, because you know it has no life.

So you've already associated pain with life and that of the living.

But if I tell you that non-newtonian substance can feel pain and react to it, would you believe me? But you will say this: It has no life.

If you watch this you know i believe ya.