• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mustafa boss' luxury home is 10 storeys tall

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Most of his products come from India and Middle Eastern Countries, including Iran. He got the clout to force suppliers to do business on his terms. His customers are mostly the dark skins from abroad and those ah nehs working in sinkie land. Kick out the ah nehs and his business will drop.

He has a very good mix, although Indians is predominantly his customers, but there are significant Chinese there too. He was the first few to really start the 24hour thingy and if you need something really badly at midnight, you can always drive down. It has almost anything

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Min of Foreign Affairs staff told me that they have frequent request from 3rd World visiting delegates for time to visit Mustafa. So now it part of their Programme, no need to ask. Its seems they typically buy medical equipment such as blood pressure readers, blood test etc.

Most of his products come from India and Middle Eastern Countries, including Iran. He got the clout to force suppliers to do business on his terms. His customers are mostly the dark skins from abroad and those ah nehs working in sinkie land. Kick out the ah nehs and his business will drop.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mustafa shopping centre is like a shithole. The air is stale. Fire hazard as exits are not marked clearly. They treat everyone as potential criminals by tying up your plastic bags.

Shoplifting forces other customers to pay for the stolen loot and makes things expensive.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Min of Foreign Affairs staff told me that they have frequent request from 3rd World visiting delegates for time to visit Mustafa. So now it part of their Programme, no need to ask. Its seems they typically buy medical equipment such as blood pressure readers, blood test etc.

Even PRC women know about Mustafa. Ask them who is president of S'pore and they think it is LKY.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Everyone benefited from his low prices. Then he widened his range of essentials especially medical supplements and that along pushed his margins even higher.

His price is not really low. The price mark up for some products cannot beat those offered at Giant. He beats them all by sheer product diversity and range. He even sells hell notes. Can you find NTUC or Giant selling hell notes?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mustafa shopping centre is like a shithole. The air is stale. Fire hazard as exits are not marked clearly. They treat everyone as potential criminals by tying up your plastic bags.

You open a shopping mall and manage it yourself lah. (I bet you can't) Only know how to complain.. Sinkie shit.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His price is not really low. The price mark up for some products cannot beat those offered at Giant. He beats them all by sheer product diversity and range. He even sells hell notes. Can you find NTUC or Giant selling hell notes?

Together with Sheng Siong, they are the only 2 that bo cheng hu. Their retail staff can be chatting non stop, sleeping at counters, wearing slippers etc.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...A friend of mine who started nightclub biz in the 80s commented that he helped the landlord by paying almost 50% of the property after 12 years rental.

They were doing well and customer base was solid. It was hard to get such a big place. Renovations take up at least 3-4 months. Lastly, not many locations would receive the nod from Police Licensing. They lanlan carried on.

All landlords are crocodiles including JTC, HDB, Capita, etc. They can raise the rent as and when they desire when economy is doing well. When economy is bad, rent remains the same. No discount.

The tenants have to accept or move out. To move out, what about restoring the premises to its original condition? It costs money to do it. When moving in, it costs money to do it up. Loser both ways for the tenant. Goodwill is also an issue when moving to a different location. What about feng shui, pedestrian traffic, etc? So, in the end, pay the high rent and curse the paps.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy is a home grown entrepreneur but he is humble. Always walking around in his shopping centre in slippers and looking like a browsing customer. Funnily, all his employees just ignore him, none greets him.

He is the sinkie version of Sam Walton.
Love or loathe mustafa as shopping place but Kudos to him a sinkie for making it.
No similar praise for Sheng Siong the homegrown crony business.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure that Mustafa is still renting the premises at Syed Alwi Road - I know that he tried to buy the premises during the late 80s and 90s but the owners refused to sell - if I am not wrong the owners are the same ones who own the building across the road as well. He tried to move his operations to another mall, The Verge but it did not work out so he stayed put in Syed Alwi Road because when he threatened to move the landlords stayed firm and asked when he wanted to move out so they could find another tenant- they called his bluff - the Verge is probably surviving from the rent Seng siong is paying now. Remember the big hullabaloo when Mustafa announced 24hrs shopping - stroke of business genius as it helped lots of hardworking singkies still get their household shopping done at flexible hours.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am pretty sure that Mustafa is still renting the premises at Syed Alwi Road - I know that he tried to buy the premises during the late 80s and 90s but the owners refused to sell - if I am not wrong the owners are the same ones who own the building across the road as well. He tried to move his operations to another mall, The Verge but it did not work out so he stayed put in Syed Alwi Road because when he threatened to move the landlords stayed firm and asked when we wanted to move out so they could find another tenant- the Verge is probably surviving from the rent Seng siong is paying now. Remember the big hullabaloo when Mustafa announced 24hrs shopping - stroke of business genius as it helped slot of hardworking singkies still get their household shopping done at flexible hours.

Lots of ATBs after 3am.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kudos to him... Lets give credit when its due.. There are a lot of products that one can find in his store.. If you observe, they have also been recruiting PRC Mei Meis as their sales assistant to cater to their Ah Tiong customers..

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With his wealth etc,,he can easily buy a plot of land and and build a new mall,,,than if he moves the current landlord will be Fucked,,,,I bet the landlord will be forced to sell than...that area for the building besides the mall what else can the building be used for?

I am pretty sure that Mustafa is still renting the premises at Syed Alwi Road - I know that he tried to buy the premises during the late 80s and 90s but the owners refused to sell - if I am not wrong the owners are the same ones who own the building across the road as well. He tried to move his operations to another mall, The Verge but it did not work out so he stayed put in Syed Alwi Road because when he threatened to move the landlords stayed firm and asked when we wanted to move out so they could find another tenant- the Verge is probably surviving from the rent Seng siong is paying now. Remember the big hullabaloo when Mustafa announced 24hrs shopping - stroke of business genius as it helped slot of hardworking singkies still get their household shopping done at flexible hours.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kudos to him... Lets give credit when its due.. There are a lot of products that one can find in his store.. If you observe, they have also been recruiting PRC Mei Meis as their sales assistant to cater to their Ah Tiong customers..

Yes, lots of PRCs employed to handle their countrymen and women. Wonder if any marriages between the PRCs and Indian staff there.