• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GD, please advise.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that you nearly gave this forum a miss because your postings need to go through moderation which you have no idea. And I remember scroobal was talking about this moderation thing which may deter potential newbies from joining. In which, he made you as an example. Looking at your join date of 2010, how could you know someone from here or Delphi 8 years ago? There were never any mention about you from Delphi era.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that you nearly gave this forum a miss because your postings need to go through moderation which you have no idea. And I remember scroobal was talking about this moderation thing which may deter potential newbies from joining. In which, he made you as an example. Looking at your join date of 2010, how could you know someone from here or Delphi 8 years ago? There were never any mention about you from Delphi era.....

Dont quite understand your questions.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is all of this really important? Goldie could be surfing the forum anonymously, or not posting in the past. Is there a rule that says if your join date in 2010, that means you cannot know anything of the forum prior to that?

I'm not sure you know of this: When Sam switched out of delphi, within the first day, someone out there registered at total of 1,800 nicks, all imitating the nicks of ex delphi forummers. The purpose it turns out was to block people from registering their nicks here. Sam later had to take action to delete most of the fake accounts so that the real people could return. It was absolute mayhem them. Maybe GD was one of those unlucky chaps?

Anyway what matters is the person's postings here and whether they make sense right? Why care about prior history?

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is all of this really important? Goldie could be surfing the forum anonymously, or not posting in the past. Is there a rule that says if your join date in 2010, that means you cannot know anything of the forum prior to that?

I'm not sure you know of this: When Sam switched out of delphi, within the first day, someone out there registered at total of 1,800 nicks, all imitating the nicks of ex delphi forummers. The purpose it turns out was to block people from registering their nicks here. Sam later had to take action to delete most of the fake accounts so that the real people could return. It was absolute mayhem them. Maybe GD was one of those unlucky chaps?

Anyway what matters is the person's postings here and whether they make sense right? Why care about prior history?

Wah, you very fast leh. Not asking for your advise. Your nick don't spell anywhere close to GD.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Honestly, I dont recal stating that I nearly gave this forum a miss for reason you gave. I know no one from here or Delphi 8 years ago.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What surprised when the migration took place was the fear that Sam was going to record the IP address and hand it over to authorities. And the people expressing the concern and not keen to cross over were people who never to my mind ever posted anything revealing, secret, confidential, private or even the flavour of the favourite ice cream. Some were not even critical of the PAP or even the housefly.

It did however remind of the old folks fear that their votes were not confidential and you were not supposed to speak ill of the PAP even in extended family meetings.

Quite interestingly even the SPH reporters disappeared. Old man did create a climate of fear that worked for him but ultimately ended screwing the country.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loaded888 was quite a fiery chap as I recall. Everyday got one shotgun burst. I remember posting an extract of his posting to a colleague. The guy called me and gave me a earful of putting him in trouble over state secret. Even brought up the fact that Mahathir wanted to charge Lim Kit Siang for breaching the OSA over Naval matters.

Told you people I was loaded888 and no one bought my story. Sad.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Loaded888 was quite a fiery chap as I recall. Everyday got one shotgun burst. I remember posting an extract of his posting to a colleague. The guy called me and gave me a earful of putting him in trouble over state secret. Even brought up the fact that Mahathir wanted to charge Lim Kit Siang for breaching the OSA over Naval matters.

I will let him know. He is going back to N America next week. His farewell gift to S'pore made many people uncomfortable.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Noted, boss. How's the weather over your end?

The summer has been cool, but I like it to be not too hot and humid.
In fact, about 2 weeks ago, the day time high was about 15C, much too cool for this time of the year.
The forecast for today and the next few days, will be day time high of 22 to 25C, with overnight low of about 17 to 18C, which is comfortable weather.

Due to the cooler weather, business for restaurants and bars are below normal, and many individuals are unhappy.
None of my friends invited us to their cottages. :(

Students will return to school, the first Tuesday of Sept.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The summer has been cool, but I like it to be not too hot and humid.
In fact, about 2 weeks ago, the day time high was about 15C, much too cool for this time of the year.
The forecast for today and the next few days, will be day time high of 22 to 25C, with overnight low of about 17 to 18C, which is comfortable weather.

Due to the cooler weather, business for restaurants and bars are below normal, and many individuals are unhappy.
None of my friends invited us to their cottages. :(

Students will return to school, the first Tuesday of Sept.

Hope this winter will be more pleasant than previous year. Cheers.