• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local stall must sell 7,000 dumplings just to pay for the rental in imm

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]LOCAL STALL MUST SELL 7,000 DUMPLINGS JUST TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL IN IMM[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
23 Aug 2014 - 11:23pm

<ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

A rent seeking economy is a passive economy not sustainable in the intermediate and long term.

The tourists are screwed only once and they will never come back again.

We the citizens are screwed perpetually and there is no escape unless we migrate. But than why should we run away, we will stick around stoically to effect change.

I was at IMM, Jurong, last week, buying a piece of rice dumpling and it cost me $3.20 for a diminished size dumpling.

I questioned why so expensive and so small size but was told that the exorbitant rental of S$25K a month for a cubicle stall and how many dumplings must he sell to break-even just on rental alone and not counting, raw materials, ingredients, manpower, utilities and such.

7,143 pieces a month just to pay rental. Besides there are also a percentage surcharge on revenue and profits, if indeed a stall can make a profit.
Who owns IMM? Capital Land, Temasek Holdings. A government link company. The government is the biggest landlord and they are ripping us, the commoners off night and day.

Our annual inflation rate is 4% and MAS has been strengthening the S$ to try cushion the inflationary spiral. That only make our exports more expensive and uncompetitive in foreign currency terms. That’s why manufacturing industries are moving out to places like China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand etc.

Strengthening the S$ can only address imported inflation and not inflation caused by domestic factors like exorbitant rentals…

Strengthening the S$ can only address imported inflation and not inflation caused by domestic factors like exorbitant rentals, crazy transportation costs (COEs, ERPs, GST and petrol taxes @ close to 40% etc), utilities charges etc.

When domestic inflation is at 75% (or 3% of the 4% annual inflation rate), surely the government can and must do something to help mitigate the sufferings of the citizens, especially retirees like me.
The 3% inflation rate driven up domestically is within their influence and control by policies.

Also a significant part of the inflation rate is brought about by more than two million of foreigners in our midst, simple economics of supply and demand, with two million more of foreign economic predators driving up costs of just about everything; that’s stifling.

The government is hell bent on collecting more revenues and we are on our own so to speak.

This is an uncaring government dishing out crumbs like GST rebates, U-rebates and the PGP in attempt to pull wools over our eyes.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Make no mistake about it, we will make sure that 2016 will be the defining moment in the history of Singapore when a government of a jubilee will be pulverized in the ballot boxes.

I know a lot of us retirees are talking and talking everyday in coffee-shops and hawkers centres, we share news and we scour news from cyberspace and disseminate to one and all to create an acute sense of awareness of what’s actually going wrong with our nation and that if nothing is done in 2016, we will not rest peacefully in our graves.
We just want to live out the next GE before we can rest in peace.

A Forsaken Lot

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who owns IMM? Capital Land, Temasek Holdings. A government link company. The government is the biggest landlord and they are ripping us, the commoners off night and day.

FUCK!

Like you just woke up.

Luckily LKY got days or weeks before he become a rotting corpse
And the rotten PAP he build up will implode the moment he die.
Before the first joss stick finished burning, the LEE KWA clans be hooted to death by PAPs and others desperate to grap the hundreds of billions LKY stolen from all of us

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is one delicious dumpling that will sell well in sg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 386

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only bak chang worth having in your hands (and mouth) is the flesh(y) one, with milk or it's remnants thereof :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The article is good one and paints an insightful look at what is going wrong. I recall that we never envied food hawkers even when they had Mercs and Jags because their world was hard and they earned every penny. And the one that made it big were noted for their good food.

I recall this chap who used to fry Kway Teow in the dead of the night in Chinatown and overtime made a name and was offered a stall in Rasa Singapura. Sadly he was murdered. Really humble chap.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The article is good one and paints an insightful look at what is going wrong. I recall that we never envied food hawkers even when they had Mercs and Jags because their world was hard and they earned every penny. And the one that made it big were noted for their good food.

I recall this chap who used to fry Kway Teow in the dead of the night in Chinatown and overtime made a name and was offered a stall in Rasa Singapura. Sadly he was murdered. Really humble chap.

Do u think golden dragon will know of this case?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not aware of this case.

Actually to be honest ah screw didn't even give much details. There's an entire street with hawker food in Chinatown near the mrt station. Is maxwell market considered a part of Chinatown? Is 1am onwards considered in the dead of night? Cos you can easily buy food there until say 12 or 1 am. Suffice to say screwball's postings of knowing this or that nameless guy could simply have been made up am sure you when agree with me.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Singapore dollar goes up is better for the locals and benefits the FTs the most as they send money back. The thing is now singkieland does not export much,,,most shit is outsourced and singkieland interest rate so low,,,but dollar high,,when and if interest rates goes up,,spore is truly fucked,,,

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Singapore dollar goes up is better for the locals and benefits the FTs the most as they send money back. The thing is now singkieland does not export much,,,most shit is outsourced and singkieland interest rate so low,,,but dollar high,,when and if interest rates goes up,,spore is truly fucked,,,

Keeping a zero interest rates policy is another hidden tax for savers.
Inflation is a bigger tax.
Consider that the PAP have more levers to control the economy, they are doing a bad job. NZ is doing a fine job despite having a blunt lever to steer the economy not overheating the property market.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that the case, my favourite whipping boy the Oz Reserve Bank is doing a shit job,,,despite interest cuts etc the dollar is still high, wages are dropping and inflation is going up. Monetary policy is very limited in its reach and scope. Its like seeing a doctor who can only issue one type of medication despite the illness. It also shows Spore and Oz have similar predicaments, if interest rate goes up,, both countries are truly fucked.

And I heard many whinge about the low interest rates etc and a tax on savers. Let me ask,what is the percentage of the population in both oz and singkieland have millions of dollars as cash savings to benefit from high interest rates?

Most working class have a mortgage, high interest rates is a tax on them,,,,as they have to pay more to service their loans,,,

Keeping a zero interest rates policy is another hidden tax for savers.
Inflation is a bigger tax.
Consider that the PAP have more levers to control the economy, they are doing a bad job. NZ is doing a fine job despite having a blunt lever to steer the economy not overheating the property market.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have you got this wrong? it was the Goh Brothers, that fry Chai Tow Kway at People's Park Hawker Centre, one of the brother was offered & had a stall at Rasa SINgapura, was murdered, if I am not wrong...still not solved.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Milked dry by Capitaland (Capitalmalls). :wink:

Unless you're an anchor tenant, expect to be sodomised by the rent.

After all, Capitalmalls needs all the money to do essential renovation works.

For example, changing the facade of IMM...

From this:

640px-IMM_Building.JPG

To this:

IMM_Building(1).JPG

:rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even Sinkieland's Chinatown is so sterile and lame.

This is Bangkok Chinatown:

[video=youtube;zNe_b2vNepw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe_b2vNepw[/video]

This is Sinkieland Chinatown:

038.JPG

chinatownfoodstreet13.jpg