• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Person That Ccame Up With The Stupid Traffic Light Idea Should Seriously Be Fired

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

THE PERSON THAT CAME UP WITH THE STUPID TRAFFIC LIGHT IDEA SHOULD SERIOUSLY BE FIRED
Post date: 22 Aug 2014 - 8:39pm

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-22%20at%2010.38.38%20pm.png

SMRT will be throwing money at another ‘solution’ with the installation of “traffic lights” inside an MRT station. (even if they are outside, it still doesn’t make sense) link The reason to cow pei cow bu again is because the SMRT did not consult the public and stupid ideas will eventually translate into fare hikes for me.

What the lights mean for ordinary Singaporean commuters:

$MRT: Green (platform not crowded)
Commuter: Is this supposed to make my day?

$MRT: Amber (platform slightly crowded)
Commuter: Pointless to tell me this as I will still have to take the train. Am I expected to be happier knowing this in advance?

$MRT: Red (platform crowded, expect to wait longer. Consider taking the train at a later time)
Commuter: You stupid or what? Why don’t you inform all our employers that we will be late for work, admit it’s your bloody fault so they will not tell us to be at the station earlier in future? Even if it means waiting for 10 trains, do we have any choice when taking a taxi will cost tens of dollars? Don’t assume we always have a choice.

$MRT: Flashing Red (seek alternative transport and refer to station announcements for updates)
Commuter: You seem to be preparing commuters for more disruptions in future. Our trains have been stretched to the limit due to an increasing passenger load and this has contributed to frequent breakdowns, besides poor maintenance. The government has also refused to back down on our immigration policy. You have not addressed the fundamental issues plaguing our transport system.

Understanding SMRT traffic lights at a glance:

imag0356a3.jpg

(My interpretation of SMRT’s traffic lights from today’s ST article)

SMRT appears not to have addressed the causes of frequent breakdowns and is preparing commuters for worse to come. Commuters have clearly not been consulted on this money wasting idea, similar to PAP MP Janil Puthucherry (who does not take public transport) whose idea to improve peak hour travel is to throw away $10 million of taxpayers’ money at a ‘solution’.

SMRT’s main concern is when a breakdown occurs. Its “traffic lights” do not help in the coordination of traffic (jams) nor do they direct alternative modes of transport to the affected stations in an efficient manner. Perhaps it should consider extending its eighth wonder of the modern world traffic lights idea to the traffic police, LTA and transport company operations centres.

Phillip Ang

*The author blogs at http://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.com/

End Of Article​

942395_577829282250063_1602627876_n.jpg
522637_388358857863774_1948568774_n.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The Person That Ccame Up With The Stupid Traffic Light Idea Should Seriously Be F

Will there be ERP for MRT Stations too?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Person That Ccame Up With The Stupid Traffic Light Idea Should Seriously Be F

The whole idea of mrt is to resolve transportation problem. Having lights means they have fsiled to solve this. Either add more trains or have empty trains stationed near busy stations which can be used when platforms are crowded.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought this is an April fool joke. When it was just a fools solution. STOP SCREWING UP! That's the solution. And you know where to stuff your lights

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's Desmond. He signed off on this. It reeks of the idiocy that's prevalent in the SAF, and it shows.

This country is ruined by a bunch of military scholar nincompoops who are elevated to positions of influence and leadership.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's Desmond. He signed off on this. It reeks of the idiocy that's prevalent in the SAF, and it shows.

This country is ruined by a bunch of military scholar nincompoops who are elevated to positions of influence and leadership.

What am I suppose to do, when I see a RED LIGHT FLASHING?? call my boss..." hey towkay, sorie I can't come to work...MRT STATION ang teng shoot huey leh!"..??

Now travelling to work, getting quite complicated, cross road, watch traffic lights, RED, AMBER, GREEN....go MRT Station, must watch traffic lights also...RED AMBER GREEN...wait go home..wife install one over the bedroom door...

RED, AMBER, GREEN...most of the time RED... ha ha ha ha

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Look at the Parliament :eek::eek::eek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

That is a HOUSE OF A THOUSAND JOKERS....

bro,
Don't give them ideas... 80 odd of them is already one too many...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If this was a primary school kid's suggestion....even the school teacher would also fuck him up for it.
Amazing thise idiots are actually implementing this.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have some sympathy for him because of the problem inherited from that Saw person. But looking at his lame ideas and him being a product of the SAF I worry for our security. Being in the SAF does not seem to prepare one for anything more.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

my angmoh fliend said Sinkie not creative, but good at asking the angmoh 'can your idea make money or not?".

Sinkies don't like to think only ask 'can make money of not'.

Must be the LHL new citizens idea, 3rd world thinkers.

Source: The Real Singapore

THE PERSON THAT CAME UP WITH THE STUPID TRAFFIC LIGHT IDEA SHOULD SERIOUSLY BE FIRED
Post date: 22 Aug 2014 - 8:39pm

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-22%20at%2010.38.38%20pm.png

SMRT will be throwing money at another ‘solution’ with the installation of “traffic lights” inside an MRT station. (even if they are outside, it still doesn’t make sense) link The reason to cow pei cow bu again is because the SMRT did not consult the public and stupid ideas will eventually translate into fare hikes for me.

What the lights mean for ordinary Singaporean commuters:

$MRT: Green (platform not crowded)
Commuter: Is this supposed to make my day?

$MRT: Amber (platform slightly crowded)
Commuter: Pointless to tell me this as I will still have to take the train. Am I expected to be happier knowing this in advance?

$MRT: Red (platform crowded, expect to wait longer. Consider taking the train at a later time)
Commuter: You stupid or what? Why don’t you inform all our employers that we will be late for work, admit it’s your bloody fault so they will not tell us to be at the station earlier in future? Even if it means waiting for 10 trains, do we have any choice when taking a taxi will cost tens of dollars? Don’t assume we always have a choice.

$MRT: Flashing Red (seek alternative transport and refer to station announcements for updates)
Commuter: You seem to be preparing commuters for more disruptions in future. Our trains have been stretched to the limit due to an increasing passenger load and this has contributed to frequent breakdowns, besides poor maintenance. The government has also refused to back down on our immigration policy. You have not addressed the fundamental issues plaguing our transport system.

[/table]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

bro,
Don't give them ideas... 80 odd of them is already one too many...

'thousand jokers' sound better than 80 right!?.....or should we say, House of 80 Penance...not they doing the Penances...the 60%... ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my angmoh fliend said Sinkie not creative, but good at asking the angmoh 'can your idea make money or not?".

Sinkies don't like to think only ask 'can make money of not'.

Must be the LHL new citizens idea, 3rd world thinkers.

Of course it can make money...can't you see the sticker at the bottom of the lights...ATS TRAFFIC...must be another, "member"?? from website...AUSTRALIA Company!!

SAMMMYBOY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Next time, they can also install traffic lights at War Zone.
example, Green means we can attack enemy forces.
Red means Exercise Max Restraint. Make a Strategic Retreat to Regroup.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

It tells us how bankrupt they are in terms of ideas, content and substance.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once again proving that NS damages the brain. Regulars must be retards by the time they retire

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

on the other hand this is brilliant!!!!!our leaders have amazing foresight 20/20 vision!!!!!!this is preparing us for the future scenario when the population is 6.9 mil!!!!

soon the mrt will be so crowded there might be a 1 hour wait before u can get on the train!!!!!!mrt stations will have departure halls and u have to book ur ticket and check in 2 hours in advance!!!!