• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loon: Little India Riot Has Not Diminished My Luv for Indian FTrash...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong touched on Singapore-India bilateral ties and questions about politics at the IIMPACT dialogue on Friday evening (Aug 22).

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says Singapore and India have a "good base to work upon" when it comes to building future bilateral relationships. And he is optimistic that there are significant areas of potential cooperation between the two countries.

Mr Lee was speaking at a dialogue session at the IIMPACT conference on Friday evening (Aug 22), which was attended by some 1,000 business and political leaders. He said that he is looking forward to meeting Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi before the year is out.

POST-LITTLE INDIA RIOT

Mr Lee was speaking to an audience of primarily Indian alumni of India's premier business school, the Indian Institute of Management, and he was asked whether the Dec 8, 2013 Little India riot changed how Indians are looked upon by the Government in Singapore and Singaporeans in general.

"No, it hasn't changed our view at all," stressed Mr Lee. "There was an incident, there was a riot. It is unfortunate. We have investigated it. I think the causes have been established, the follow-up actions have to be taken. I mean there are some practical things you can do to the crowds in Little India. There are also legal consequences - the justice system has to follow up, rioters have to be brought to justice and punished. But I don't think it has changed the situation.

"The workers are here for a purpose, we need them - they are building houses for us, they are building trains for us, they are working all over, in banks, in so many companies. And I think that we have to manage the non-indigenous population in a way that we can wear over the long-term, and the Little India riot notwithstanding, we have to continue to do that," he continued.

He also said he does not think the Little India riot has changed the way Singaporeans look at the foreign workers. "And from what we can tell, the foreign workers who are here continue to be quite comfortable living and working here, and certainly, many more are wanting to come. That's why we have to manage the numbers," Mr Lee explained.

- CNA/ly

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pinky say shitskins so farktard the riot changed nothing

Riot did not change S’pore’s view of Indian nationals: PM

SINGAPORE — Last December’s Little India riot has not changed how Indian nationals are looked upon by the Singapore Government and Singaporeans in general, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday.

“It hasn’t changed our view at all. There was an incident, there was a riot. It is unfortunate, we have investigated it. I think the causes have been established, the follow-up actions have to be taken … There are also legal consequences — the justice system has to follow up, rioters have to be brought to justice and punished. But I don’t think it has changed the situation,” he said.

“The workers are here for a purpose, we need them — they’re building houses for us, they are building trains for us, they are working all over, in banks, in so many companies. I think that we have to manage the non-indigenous population in a way that we can wear over the long term and, the Little India riot notwithstanding, we have to continue to do that,” he added.

“From what we can tell, the foreign workers who are here continue to be quite comfortable living and working here, and certainly, many more are wanting to come. That’s why we have to manage the numbers,” he said.

On the impact of technology, Mr Lee said new media has changed the way politics is conducted.

“For a start, I now have a Facebook account. Ten years ago, Facebook did not even exist. I would say that in a fundamental way, politics has not changed: It’s about power and it’s about how you do things for the people. It is always about power and it should always be how you do things for the people, but how that’s conducted has changed,” he said.

“Knowledge is not free, yes, it’s more readily available, but so is disinformation and so is misinformation, so is misunderstanding. And if you look at what has happened worldwide, the Internet has not caused a great convergence on universal truth. Far from it — it has led to divisions and all kinds of different ideas being able to take root and germinate, which is completely contradictory to one another, and groups which are completely anti-pathetic to each other.

“And we have to make sure that with the Internet, with social media, we don’t get seduced by, really, the delusion that we know everything, that what we know is the truth and we are the sole possessors and, therefore, we will fight it out to the end, because that way, you will fracture the society and be less able to form a consensus and move forward together.

“In Singapore, sometimes, you have a case where somebody says something outrageous. Tomorrow, everybody knows about it, and everybody expresses great outrage and we spend a long time calming ourselves down. Yes, it was an outrageous statement, but do we need to get worked up every time it happens?” he asked.

“It makes your margin of stability much narrower and you have to be able to navigate that and have bumps and spills along the way. It’s inevitable,” he added. Lee Yen Nee

http://www.todayonline.com/business/riot-did-not-change-spores-view-indian-nationals-pm

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Pinky say shitskins so farktard the riot changed nothing

sinkies need to take a cue from ah nehs and just riot,it would change nothing anyway and PAP cant deport sinkies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't presume to speak for the rest of us, Lee Hsien Loong. You're a piece of shit. :oIo:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's right Lee hsien long should say fool me once shame on you....fool me...can't gedda fool again.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

“For a start, I now have a Facebook account. Ten years ago, Facebook did not even exist. I would say that in a fundamental way, politics has not changed: It’s about power and it’s about how you do things for the people. It is always about power and it should always be how you do things for the people, but how that’s conducted has changed,” he said.

Yeah, you mean like this:

PM+Lee+chicken+wing+queue.jpg

Must have felt quite powerful being swarmed with guards, eh? :rolleyes:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

O rajas of rajastan,
Justice is served.
Our love for you,
Will never end.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let's move on..
Win liao.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not lhl get a indian mentor ? :biggrin:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
"....they are working all over, in banks, in so many companies.....

For every foreign PMET given a job in sinkie land by the paps, a local born PMET goes without that job. Is sinkie land governed for the benefits of sinkies or for the benefits of foreigners?

The paps should realise that sinkie land is not responsible for creating jobs for the foreign PMETs, who are jobless in India, China or wherever they may be. Jobs must always be given to all jobless sinkies.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told you the faggot-in-chief has a fetish for Indians. India took 10 years to mull over setting up of Industrial parks with Singapore. Fuck! Thats how long they take, and they havent even settled yet. And our faggot gives them everything within the last 10 years, and now promising to give them more, while we get nothing in return. Fucking stupid faggot and his merry clowns.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Told you the faggot-in-chief has a fetish for Indians. India took 10 years to mull over setting up of Industrial parks with Singapore. Fuck! Thats how long they take, and they havent even settled yet. And our faggot gives them everything within the last 10 years, and now promising to give them more, while we get nothing in return. Fucking stupid faggot and his merry clowns.

He's sucking up to India to secure income opportunities for Ho Jinx.

To do business in India, you'll need to suck up to the Tata Group.

That's why this happened.

And this happened:

[video=youtube;FiFLt1pgbrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFLt1pgbrs[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what kind of stupid quiz is this?i want to hear business and economics questions not stupid science trivial.

He's sucking up to India to secure income opportunities for Ho Jinx.

To do business in India, you'll need to suck up to the Tata Group.

That's why this happened.

And this happened:

[video=youtube;FiFLt1pgbrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFLt1pgbrs[/video]