• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Skills learn in NS may get work certification

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice. Try getting an engineering job if you were a combat engineer. :rolleyes:

Another fine piece of bullshit from the 'Committee to Strengthen NS'.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
at least we can do something for the mono-intake bros

Unless your into construction else the skills acquire as a CE has no relevance in the civilian world if it is not related to military.
The only skill sets that everyone can learn is people management skills learn and experienced among peers. Something that textbook doesn't teach.

I guess they are throwing in sweeteners to pre-empt 2016. How far can such certification go for prospective employers. NS is another sensitive issue among male voters; just like the Whitehorse issue where the Fool declare that all are given the same treatment in NS.

Remember the film Rambo Part I, he lamented that he excelled as a soldier and was given access to high end equipment during his service. In civilian life ; he was literally an outcast. In civilian life, military experience is irrelevant in the civilian world unless that country is run by a junta.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skills learn in NS may get work certification
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/skills-learn-ns-may-get-work-certification

I think this is a good idea. In fact, our GLCs and civil service can also try to hire the young chaps who are not pursuing further education after NS.

Now already recognised what.

Do are area cleaning can wash toilets for a living later.

Do guard duty can become security guards later.

Do cook can become hawkers later.

Drive 2 tonners can become bus drivers later.