• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I stop eating Sushi from Today

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will stop eating Sushi from Today...

The Reasons are:

1. I am not sure if the rice is from Fukushima.

2. I am not sure if the fish is also from Fukushima

3. It is not that I cannot afford a simple Japanese fare: It is because I cannot afford
the huge medical bill if I am hospitalised if I take contaminated foodstuff from there.
I cannot be made lie waiting in the hospital corridor for 2 days for my bed.

Unlike PM LHL, THE TAXPAYER will look after his medical bill and he can seek the best medical treatment on our expense.

I just want to be safe than sorry.

AND I just cannot take the risk over some Sushi....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who did you vote for? :wink:

Can't believe there are still some twits who support Lee Hsien Loong. Go ahead and love the PAP if you want, but that guy is a liability. Even Goh Chok Tong, despite his imperfections, hadn't fucked it up that badly. :rolleyes:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
You attitude is absolutely right, What Chinese believe "long illness no filial son" Don't bother other promise that will give you every things when you needed Tan Ku Ku.

I will stop eating Sushi from Today...

The Reasons are:

1. I am not sure if the rice is from Fukushima.

2. I am not sure if the fish is also from Fukushima

3. It is not that I cannot afford a simple Japanese fare: It is because I cannot afford
the huge medical bill if I am hospitalised if I take contaminated foodstuff from there.
I cannot be made lie waiting in the hospital corridor for 2 days for my bed.

Unlike PM LHL, THE TAXPAYER will look after his medical bill and he can seek the best medical treatment on our expense.

I just want to be safe than sorry.

AND I just cannot take the risk over some Sushi....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stay away from the gyudon (e.g. Yoshinoya) and the wagyu beef (e.g. at certain high class Japanese buffets).

Fukushima has a thriving cattle farming industry. :wink:

Yoshinoya may claim that it uses Aussie beef, but you should be safer than sorry.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tell myself not to eat any japanese food since 2 days ago. Including health supplements and sushi rolls. It's sickening how governments are so evil. We never know what transactions go on under the table, just have to watch out for ourselves.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many breeds of Japanese rice, each one usually comes from a different prefecture and have a unique fanciful name.

Not all of them come from Fukushima, you can read the labels (there are stickers in English) of the place of origin.

http://commongrains.com/japanese-rice/

There are also short-grained Japanese rice grown in Australia... cheaper and less tasty.

Of course, if you dine out, you don't know anything. Maybe ignorance is bliss. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the Shitty Times tell you which breed of rice from Fukushima is coming to Singapore? :rolleyes:

Here, I shall tell you. It's Koshihikari. Not a brand, but a breed of rice. 40% of all Japanese rice is of the Koshihikari breed.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...nuclear-crisis-started-2011-reaches-singapore

Fukushima exports first batch of rice since meltdowns to Singapore
KYODO
AUG 19, 2014

Exports of Fukushima-grown rice have resumed after being suspended by the nuclear crisis in March 2011 amid soaring concerns about radiation contamination, a national agricultural cooperative said Monday.

A shipment of 300 kg of Koshihikari brand rice produced in Sukagawa, Fukushima Prefecture, has arrived in Singapore to be sold at a supermarket Friday after clearing customs, according to the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations.

Fukushima Prefecture was a major producer of rice and had exported some 100 tons to Hong Kong and similar areas before the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami triggered the nuclear disaster at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima No. 1 atomic plant.

No rice produced in Fukushima was ever exported after the core meltdowns, the cooperative said.

This year’s exports of agricultural and marine products were valued at ¥284 billion from January to June, up 10.3 percent from a year ago, buoyed by growing popularity of Japanese cuisine. But exports from Fukushima have stayed sluggish amid persistent concern about radioactive contamination from the meltdown-stricken Fukushima No. 1 complex, which was recently linked to rice contamination elsewhere in the prefecture reportedly caused by cleanup efforts at the plant that kicked radiation-tainted dust into the air.

A number of countries and regions still impose restrictions on farm products from the prefecture. Singapore had banned imports of some foods from Fukushima but lifted it in May.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd rather eat japanese approved food than a chinese ones. The worse that can happen is you may glow in the dark and impress and pump the ladies with bioluminescence sperm.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the Shitty Times tell you which breed of rice from Fukushima is coming to Singapore? :rolleyes:

Here, I shall tell you. It's Koshihikari. Not a brand, but a breed of rice. 40% of all Japanese rice is of the Koshihikari breed.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...nuclear-crisis-started-2011-reaches-singapore

Fukushima exports first batch of rice since meltdowns to Singapore
KYODO
AUG 19, 2014

The nuclear meltdown is still ongoing and nuclear waste is also dumped into the pacific ocean. Affected areas will not just be Fukushima. Some time ago TRE published an article on a Japanese doctor who moved away from tokoyo because he witnessed the effects of radiation in his patients.