• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Life and business climate - jakarta or bangkok is better ?

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

This is a serious question as i'm planning to make a move to either of the two to start my business and I hope forummers with work or business experience in either of the two locations to share with me. Please leave Cheong or Chio Bu factors aside as these are not the "kpi" that I consider

Ok, my questions are:

1) In terms of business climate, which is more "foreign business " friendly, such as ease of start up, tax etc
2) Cost wise, which is higher in terms of staff cost, office rental cost
3) Which has better growth prospect in 5 years time
4) Lifestyle - which is more affordable and which is more suitable for Sinkie local chinese like me
5) Child friendly - which is better place to raise a toddler?

My point of view which I hope experienced forummer can adviSe if it is accurate ,

1) I like Thailand better as people, infrastructure etc are easier to integrate than Indonesia
2) However, I believe indonesia has more upside potential for growth than thailand- anyone care to comment on this?
3) Labor cost etc are much lower in indonesia than thailand

Thanks in advance to all for sharing!