• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is how stupid sinkees are

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elderly woman asking for money at Holland Village can get thousands of dollars on weekends

An elderly woman who has been showing up in Holland Village and going around to ask for money can fetch up to thousands of dollars on weekends, according to a report by Lianhe Wanbao.

The matter was first reported on Stomp by Stomp contributor Michelle, who said that the elderly woman had been frequenting areas in Holland Village asking patrons there for money.

Her modus operandi?

She would approach people and ask them for money, telling them stories of her misfortune, from getting scammed by banks to getting cheated.

The most common amongst them was the tale of her raising money for a friend.

"Contrary to others, she won't ask for help but will ask for $10, $20 or even $50, and will tell you that she has not eaten anything all day apart from biscuits," said Michelle.

"She will also pretend to cry once she arrives at your table, and look normal and healthy once she gets her money," she added.

The entire process -- from her approaching customers, to getting the money and subsequently exchanging them for higher valued bills before finally depositing the money into a bank account -- has since been witnessed by reporters from Lianhe Wanbao.

Upon depositing the money, she was then seen getting into a cab and leaving.

"She doesn't just show up on weekends, but weekdays as well, at around 8 - 9pm daily," says the owner of the restaurant, Curry Hut.

He added that he had once witnessed a customer handing her a $50 bill, and had previously admonished her for disturbing the customers.

However, he said that whenever he's not in the store, she would take the opportunity and ask for money at his stalls anyway.

He recollected seeing her counting her earnings by the roadside.

"Every piece (bill) was a $50 dollar note, so it's a thousand dollars at the least," he said.

An interviewee who declined to be named, said that it has been about half a year since the appearance of " the begging elderly woman".

Another 22-year-old interviewee said that he had given the auntie $30, recounting how she told him she was 81 years old, and the guarantor for the son of her friend.

The interviewee added that he gave her the money because he pitied her having to do such an arduous task at her age.

After the incident was reported on Stomp, reporters from Lianhe Wanbao approached the elderly lady.

She declined to comment and promptly took out her phone to call an unidentified person. She was then heard conversing in dialect.

"The news is going to cover this (begging activity), so there is going to be big trouble. My daughter will be angry with me," she was heard telling the unknown person.

Several interviewees who have contributed have since admitted that they have been too kind-hearted.

Crocodile tears or not, you decide.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reporter, stomper Michelle and Curry House owner concluded that this old woman gets thousands of dollars from begging based on the following observations:

"Contrary to others, she won't ask for help but will ask for $10, $20 or even $50, and will tell you that she has not eaten anything all day apart from biscuits," said Michelle.

The entire process -- from her approaching customers, to getting the money and subsequently exchanging them for higher valued bills before finally depositing the money into a bank account -- has since been witnessed by reporters from Lianhe Wanbao.

"She doesn't just show up on weekends, but weekdays as well, at around 8 - 9pm daily," says the owner of the restaurant, Curry Hut. He added that he had once witnessed a customer handing her a $50 bill, and had previously admonished her for disturbing the customers.

He recollected seeing her counting her earnings by the roadside.
"Every piece (bill) was a $50 dollar note, so it's a thousand dollars at the least," he said.

Are they dumb?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tell u whether its a thousand or not who cares?better than doing 8 hours of backbreaking work and not even making $50 in one day in some jobs.

this women is smart,she know how to game the system.survival of the fittest.the world is a cold and harsh place,it degenerates u as a human being.

this shows how there is still some use in the pioneer generation,then sinkies have no fear they become useless after giving up 30 years of their lives to the ungrateful country......they can still go out and solicit money thru sympathy.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she deserves praise for hailing a cab. sinkie elders who save $400k all their lives would rather walk for miles as they think taking cabs is too luxurious for their miserly lifestyle. even the mrt is too modern and mechanical for them. they have not gotten out of their 1950s and 60s mentality. :*:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she deserves praise for hailing a cab. sinkie elders who save $400k all their lives would rather walk for miles as they think taking cabs is too luxurious for their miserly lifestyle. even the mrt is too modern and mechanical for them. they have not gotten out of their 1950s and 60s mentality. :*:

thats why those people lose 400k(their life savings) to scammers while enterprising pioneers like this old lady go out and make $1000 a day.....they have this saying penny wise and pound foolish,wealth is not built by scrimping and scraping like a daft old bat........its made by going out and hustling like Rick Ross!!!!!

[video=youtube;JU9TouRnO84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9TouRnO84[/video]

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd say about the same level as those who give their monies to City Harvest Church or Temasek Holdings. It's their money, they can do whatever they want to. Me, I prefer to spend my money on beer.

Cheers!

that's similar to the excuse given by those who wish to withdraw their cpf savings 100%. it's "their money", they "can do whatever they want." sinkies are world-crass foolish.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why those people lose 400k(their life savings) to scammers while enterprising pioneers like this old lady go out and make $1000 a day.....they have this saying penny wise and pound foolish,wealth is not built by scrimping and scraping like a daft old bat........its made by going out and hustling like Rick Ross!!!!!

the pap needs to award this woman with a plaque during the ndp rally.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's similar to the excuse given by those who wish to withdraw their cpf savings 100%. it's "their money", they "can do whatever they want." sinkies are world-crass foolish.

the human being is a very stupid and foolish animal,but in order to get them to put their faith and hard earned money into the CPF system,u have to appeal to their senses and child like sense of wonder and imagination and childish superstition and unintelligible intellect and simple even stunningly obvious thought process.....u have to invoke the power of jesus christ,bathe in his glory and dance in his presence!!!!!!HALLELUJAH!!!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays even got elderly asking for money in food court. That day I also met one and very openly said no money and asked for money.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this women is smart,she know how to game the system.survival of the fittest.the world is a cold and harsh place,it degenerates u as a human being.

I don't think she was gaming the system at all. She was using her skills to make a living. Salesmen, insurance agents, property agents, financial advisers, relationship managers, wealth managers ...all of them lie to their customers. This woman is no worse than them.

How the idiots - stomper and restaurant owners and reporter - concluded that she made thousands totally baffles me.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How do you know that she made $1k a day??????????

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think she was gaming the system at all. She was using her skills to make a living. Salesmen, insurance agents, property agents, financial advisers, relationship managers, wealth managers ...all of them lie to their customers. This woman is no worse than them.

How the idiots - stomper and restaurant owners and reporter - concluded that she made thousands totally baffles me.

Yes, certain limbless or wheelchair bound folks are singing songs at hawker centres while everybody else is eating. It's quite annoying really. The singing is lousy.

The religious people ('God is watching me' or 'I believe in sowing good karma') tend to open their wallets for these folks. It's the same reason why those NKF and Renci charity shows had so many people donating. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The religious people ('God is watching me' or 'I believe in sowing good karma') tend to open their wallets for these folks. It's the same reason why those NKF and Renci charity shows had so many people donating. :wink:

better bang for the buck at the faith healer's showbiz at lighthouse. went in with a limp dick and came out with an erection. truly miraculous. must be the many chio bu's there with bursting bust lines. :p

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The fact that she can collect so much money in a day shows just how wealthy sinkies are thanks to the PAP.