• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee wants senior citizens to sell their houses?!

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the National Day rally, PM said they have the OPTION of using schemes to monetise their flat if they want more for retirement. Obviously Oppies love to take things and twist it out of context!

#ndrsg

10504958_706773689359938_7943225648511564069_o.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In NZ, most of the elderly will sell their family homes and move into something smaller once they reach retirement age. That's because the NZ pension is insufficient to meet the needs of retirement.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Spore because of the expensive housing & lack of affordable old folks homes, most households are multi-generation. It is common to find 3 generations living under one roof.

Maids are becoming necessities because they are needed to look after the children & grand parents, while the husband & wife are working.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the promise to make monetisation more convenient? Where?

Just hours before the ND Rally speech, the PAP was still saying it will make monetisation more convenient for retirees.

Instead, the PAP quietly amended the eligibility age for lease buyback and right-sizing from 55 to 65. Some Singaporeans are deprived of the $20k cash bonus at 55. In the last few years, the Withdrawal Age has been raised from 60 to 65. So it is a double-whammy. Many days have passed and the PAP is still keeping quiet about it. Come on, if the PAP is not sincere about helping, at least keep status quo. Don't suka suka make changes.

If the intention is to manipulate retirees to opt for studio apartments, please give us assurance that the eligibility age of 55 will not be raised. Please give us assurance on how it is made more convenient to downgrade. There are many questions:
1. A 3-room flat is currently worth $300,000. Is downgrading to a studio apartment feasible after meeting MS?
2. What if prices decline?
3. BTO takes many years. Can we have ready supply of studio apartments instead?
4. What is the projected supply and demand of studio apartments in the next 5 years *?
5. Can applicants be guaranteed a unit?
6. Can HDB buy back the old flat directly from the downgrader as it is not easy to find a buyer to do contra?
7. Can applicants book their units before 55 so that they can get the keys at 55?

* Please factor in 12 years of Minimum Sum increases, changes to CPF Withdrawal Age, current changes to Lease Buyback and Right-sizing options.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Spore because of the expensive housing & lack of affordable old folks homes, most households are multi-generation. It is common to find 3 generations living under one roof.

Maids are becoming necessities because they are needed to look after the children & grand parents, while the husband & wife are working.

Multi gen living under one roof and still want maid?

Live in such a cramped fuck up place no wonder maids are under great stress and go crazy.

And the PAP still want Sinkie to downgrade inorder to get some money?

Real fucked up country.

And Sinkie deserved what they are getting and breeding morons like TS! LoL

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you. Pap also said sending your old parents to JB is only an option.

I dunno what the big hooha is :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I agree with you. Pap also said sending your old parents to JB is only an option.

Exactly. I bought an apartment for my elderly parents in Tanglin so that they could be close to Orchard Road. If you love your parents, you'll do what is necessary to make them happy.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. I bought an apartment for my elderly parents in Tanglin so that they could be close to Orchard Road. If you love your parents, you'll do what is necessary to make them happy.

You r so heartless to make your parents walk all the way to orchard point under the bright sun. Why can't you buy the whole street instead?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the National Day rally, PM said they have the OPTION of using schemes to monetise their flat if they want more for retirement. Obviously Oppies love to take things and twist it out of context!

#ndrsg

10504958_706773689359938_7943225648511564069_o.jpg

PAPigs are saint meh? We got cheated for many years! They use our CPF money but said they did not; they made money out of it and gave us pathetic return... rest they keep and claim credit for themselves