• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When a 1st Whore Govt. did not know which agency is in charge of fallen tree

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One viewer spoke to us about the frustrations he faced when trying to track down which government agency was responsible for clearing a fallen tree branch.
fallen-tree-mackenzie.jpg
Photo: Monica Kotwani

SINGAPORE: Having a call centre dedicated to receiving public feedback on municipal issues could help different agencies respond more quickly - this is an idea one member of the public hopes will be incorporated in the recently announced Municipal Services Office.

Business development manager Gary Haris spoke to Channel NewsAsia about the frustrations he faced over a fallen tree branch on a grass patch along MacKenzie Road, which we understand had been lying there for at least a month and a half.

About a month ago, Mr Haris said he informed the National Parks Board (NParks) about the fallen branch. Sometime last week, NParks informed him that the area is managed by the Istana.

"Earlier this morning, an officer from the Istana called me," he told Channel NewsAsia. "She said she has also come over to take a look at fallen tree branch and she said this area, once it's outside the fence of Istana, it does not come under the purview of the Istana. She said this plot of land belongs to PUB, and she said she will bring it up to PUB."

The issue bears similarities to an incident highlighted by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Sunday (Aug 17) at the National Day Rally. Mr Lee described a situation where a fishball stick on the ground was not cleared for about two days, in part due to confusion over which authority was in charge of cleaning the area.

Mr Haris acknowledges that, like the now infamous fishball stick incident, the fallen tree branches do not obstruct traffic, nor do they endanger the public. Rather it's about how authorities coordinate and respond more efficiently to the public's feedback.

He has been providing feedback to the various agencies on issues ranging from potholes to to damaged lamposts. Two weeks ago, he says he called the Land Transport Authority (LTA) about signage that was virtually uprooted along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1. Coincidentally, he was also informed by LTA today that the signage belongs to the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and that the URA would follow up on it.

He says a dedicated call centre at the Municipal Services Office (MSO), which will aim to serve as a bridge between different agencies, could help. "I have come across many many cases where I have been pushed around.
Sometimes it's taken me 20 calls, 30 calls, even six months before an issue is resolved. So I think a department like this overlooking and making sure the issue is rectified could be given a KPI, maybe within one week, two weeks or three weeks, but solving the situation."

The branches that Mr Haris highlighted were eventually cleared up on Tuesday (Aug 19). In a statement, the Ministry of National Development, which will oversee the MSO, says the public will be able to give feedback to the MSO "for situations where it is unclear which agency is responsible".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its alright that Singaporeans remain jobless while foreigners are gainfully employed. Its alright when Singaporeans face stiffer sentences in court. Just make sure that a fallen branch that is not in the way of anyone or anything is cleared quickly.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is what u call the typical management type asshole,when they have absolutely nothing else to micromanage they will nitpick on the most mundane and irrelevant things.

open their big flapping mouths and talk till the cows come home but it will never occur to them that maybe they should try doing something themselves.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's very understandable and touching that every gov department respects each other's jurisdiction and exercises maximum restraint in disposing of homegrown organic materials such tree limbs as they are local living organisms that require care and love. tree limbs still have some life to them and waiting out for them to die out rather than rushing them through the chipping machine is an extremely touching thought. both the istana and pub must be lauded for their thoughtful considerations.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The primary cause of these sorts of problems arise not from the PAP leadership but from the fossilised minds of ordinary, true blue sinkies working in the civil service.

The ultimate objective of the majority of sinkies is to avoid work and if they can pass the buck to someone else, they can then spend the time they would have used to resolve a work issue to surf sammyboy.com instead.

Traffic to this forum is highest during working hours and lowest on weekends. I would like to thank you lazy, good-for-nothing true blue sinkies for your support.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The primary cause of these sorts of problems arise not from the PAP leadership but from the fossilised minds of ordinary, true blue sinkies working in the civil service.

The ultimate objective of the majority of sinkies is to avoid work and if they can pass the buck to someone else, they can then spend the time they would have used to resolve a work issue to surf sammyboy.com instead.

Traffic to this forum is highest during working hours and lowest on weekends. I would like to thank you lazy, good-for-nothing true blue sinkies for your support.

indeed,i only wish i could be employed right now so i could grant more traffic to ur site and generate more revenue.however since singapore do not posses the comprehensive welfare social support systems as new zealand....im forced to click on ads and surveys in the chance that i might get compensation to keep

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boss empty words not enough. Lets talk about your petty cash.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed,i only wish i could be employed right now so i could grant more traffic to ur site and generate more revenue.however since singapore do not posses the comprehensive welfare social support systems as new zealand....im forced to click on ads and surveys in the chance that i might get compensation to keep

Poses not posses. Got only 1 ar5e. If is possess then you short of an ar5e.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe most of them are from NEA, NParks and PUB and Istana:wink: You should thank these civil serpents for lazing around here instead of looking for fallen trees.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will the Municipal Services Office be in charge of cleaning up shit freshly deposited by FTs? :wink:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The silver serpents became what they are today, is not what the leadership moulded them to be?

Although monkey see, monkey do can apply anywhere, the BIG monkey insists that they are not to be blamed for what the small monkey do as long as the small monkey only make sure the BALLS of the BIG monkey are carried efficiently and blame gets deflected ..

everywhere except back to themselves. LoL