• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore's Mother Theresa - Heart Tugging

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humanitarian work
Ho worked as a counselor for troubled teens from 1996 to 2001 at City Harvest Social Services,[44] a social organization which she has personally founded[34] Since establishing her career as a pop artist in April 2002, she continues to be involved in fundraising for various charitable organizations.[34] Her humanitarian team was involved in the Tsunami Disaster Relief Operations (2005), building of schools and medical clinics in Indonesia and China as well as orphanages in Sri Lanka.[45] In 2002, the Junior Chamber of Singapore awarded Ho with “The Outstanding Young Person Award.”[31] Subsequently, Ho represented Singapore in the global TOYP ceremony and was awarded the “Outstanding Young Person of the World Award” in 2003.[31][46]

Ho has donated money from her royalties to build schools in Chongqing, Guizhou and Henan (China). She also sponsored a computer lab for the school in Liaoning, China. In 2007, she visited Henan Province where her donation of RMB350,000 (SGD70,000) paid for the rebuilding of a rundown school and its teaching facilities.[47]

In June 2007, Ho was appointed the Music Ambassador for the 2008 Beijing Olympics Songfest by the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad.[48][49]

In August 2007, Ho was named the Charity Ambassador of Love for Asia’s first Special Olympic World Summer Games. At the Special Olympics Charity Gala held on August 11, 2007, Ho auctioned off two personal items to raise RMB600,000 (SGD120,000) for the Special Olympic Games. Together with Sun Nan, she also performed the Special Olympic official theme song “We Are Together.”[50]

In February 2008, Ho sang the inaugural Mandarin rendition of the 100-year-old Olympic Hymn at the opening of the “Olympic Philately & Cultural Tour” launched by The Beijing Olympics. Held at the Royal Theatre within the Forbidden City, Ho was accompanied by a choir of overseas Chinese from 16 different nationalities.[51]

2008 Sichuan earthquake[edit]
In May 2008, Ho gave 500 tents to aid as temporary shelter for displaced families of the earthquake in Sichuan, China. Along with her personal donation, Ho also gathered some friends to raise RMB650,000 (SGD129,000) to buy stationery and educational supplies for the children.[52][53]

Ho performed on CCTV’s charity program as part of the “Rebuilding The Homeland With One Heart” project to help the quake victims. Other activities of the project include inviting Sichuan artists to Singapore to hold an art exhibition which will showcase the courage of the quake survivors, as well as setting up an education and music foundation for the orphans and other victims of the earthquake.[53]

Her latest single, “Eternal Blossom” was broadcast over radio stations as a song of encouragement for all the earthquake victims.[54][55]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are challenged for time, these are the things that Singapore's Mother Theresa has done
-troubled teens with City Harvest Social Services (personally founded)
-Tsunami Disaster Relief Operations
-building of schools in China
-building os schools in Indonesia
-building of medical clinics in China
-building of medical clinics in Indonesia
-building of orphanages in Sri Lnaka
-sponsored computer lab in China
-500 tents for Sichuan Earthquake victims
-sang Eternal Blossoms to encourage earthquake victim
-invited Sichuan artist to hold exhibition to showcase their courage
-setting up education and music foundation for earthquake victims
-raised $129K to buy stationary and educational supplies for Sichuam Earthquake victims
-donated money from her royalties to build schools in China
-auctioned off two personal items to raise RMB600,000 (SGD120,000) for the Special Olympic Games-

Awards & Accolades received
-named the Charity Ambassador of Love for Asia’s first Special Olympic World Summer Games
-appointed the Music Ambassador for the 2008 Beijing Olympics Songfest by the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad.
sang the inaugural Mandarin rendition of the 100-year-old Olympic Hymn at the opening of the “Olympic Philately & Cultural Tour” launched by The Beijing Olympics
-also performed the Special Olympic official theme song “We Are Together.”
-performed on CCTV’s charity program as part of the “Rebuilding The Homeland With One Heart” project
-represented Singapore in the global TOYP ceremony and was awarded the “Outstanding Young Person of the World Award” in 2003
-In 2002, the Junior Chamber of Singapore awarded Ho with “The Outstanding Young Person Award.”

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For those who are challenged for time, these are the things that Singapore's Mother Theresa has done ”

Thank you for the summary of all the great things this humble woman has done for mankind. Truly selfless with no thought of material gain. All the honours bestowed upon her, she truly earned with her own humble determination and she fought brave odds indeed, considering the fact that she started with no supporters, no sponsors, and no recognition. Truly remarkable set of accomplishments that no one expected given the huge disadvantages she faced.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indeed God will bless her with many returns,for she is truly the shepard of the weak and the finder of the lost.for if i had the embroidered cloths of heaven,enwrought with golden and silver light,i would spread the clothes under her feet,and let her tread on thee.but alas,i being poor have no honors and allocates,i have only my dreams.iv spread my dreams beneath her feet,tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
She is my goddess.. beautiful, talented, selfless, honest, a beacon of light and hope for the rest of us.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday it was alleged in court that she did not sing at 2007 Special Olympics. So I did my due diligence and found this in Wikipedia as well otters things. I was surprised that she did so much.

The part where she was involved in the cable car rescue was however not mentioned.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The part where she was involved in the cable car rescue was however not mentioned.

She ordered the media not to mention her role as that would take limelight away from Colonel Lee Hsien Loong. The latter thus became well known for his decisiveness over the rescue operation which saved lives and he was rapidly promoted to BG as a result. Loong later retired from the SAF out of deference to Ho.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She ordered the media not to mention her role as that would take limelight away from Colonel Lee Hsien Loong. The latter thus became well known for his decisiveness over the rescue operation which saved lives and he was rapidly promoted to BG as a result. Loong later retired from the SAF out of deference to Ho.

I am pretty sure they had a tua pek kong on standby to take the rap in case rescue attempt failed.