• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Melbourne is 'most liveable city'

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tnp.sg/news/melbourne-most-liveable-city

Melbourne tops the ranking as the world’s most pleasant city to live in for the fourth year running, according to an Economist Intelligence Unit poll.

According to Human Resources Online, Singapore ranks 52nd. Hong Kong came in 31st.

Vienna, Vancouver and Toronto captured 2nd, 3rd and 4th places in the list of 140 cities released on Tuesday.

The EIU’s survey assesses the liveability of cities based on a number of key factors, including stability and the quality of healthcare, culture, the environment, education and infrastructure.

And at the bottom ...

The Economist survey also includes a listing of cities whose “liveability” has declined most in the past five years.

Bottom was Damascus, capital of war-torn Syria, while just above it in ascending order were Dhaka in Bangladesh, Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea and Lagos, Nigeria.

Kiev, capital of Ukraine where pro-Russian rebels are battling Ukrainian forces in the east of the country, dropped 17.8 percent, the survey found and is ranked 124th of 140.

In a separate poll by consulting firm Mercer earlier this year, Vienna was named the most liveable city, while Singapore ranked top in Asia-Pacific.

Sources: Reuters, Human Resources Online

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/melbourne-most-liveable-city#sthash.RSKPMTjp.dpuf

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haircut is at least $30. for sinkies who wish to maintain the kim jung un kind of hairstyle, they should consider sg as the best place on earth with a $2 haircut at a hawker center where you can also enjoy your bowl of porridge. you have to thank the pap for that. :biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes melbourne is the best!!backpacked there for a couple of months during the winter,everyday was fuggin awesome!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haircut is at least $30. for sinkies who wish to maintain the kim jung un kind of hairstyle, they should consider sg as the best place on earth with a $2 haircut at a hawker center where you can also enjoy your bowl of porridge. you have to thank the pap for that. :biggrin:

rubbish,even in the cbd theres tons of shops offering $10 haircuts....where u get ur haircut?from the gay metrosexualised bulging hot pants guy/lover of grannies from you dont mess with the zohan?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Written by anglo saxons so not surprising English speaking countries comes out tops. Some french cities are good, and italian ones are not even in the top ten. What about southern spain? Japanese one? Hiroshima? Kyoto?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Knn you just have to spoil the party is it? I always thought my 60 baht haircut with facial shaving, nose hair trimming, simple massage is the cheapest,

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knn you just have to spoil the party is it? I always thought my 60 baht haircut with facial shaving, nose hair trimming, simple massage is the cheapest,

knn how much hair do you have? plus your style is easy peesy. i can do it with kitchen scissors for $1. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rubbish,even in the cbd theres tons of shops offering $10 haircuts....where u get ur haircut?from the gay metrosexualised bulging hot pants guy/lover of grannies from you dont mess with the zohan?

show me with pics where $10 haircuts are available in melbourne. if you can prove it, i owe you a can of foster's. meanwhile my favorite viet salon in sj is charging $12 for a simple no frills haircut, i.e. no shampoo, no head massage, and no accidental booby touchy lovey "love you long long" special. :p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
show me with pics where $10 haircuts are available in melbourne. if you can prove it, i owe you a can of foster's. meanwhile my favorite viet salon in sj is charging $12 for a simple no frills haircut, i.e. no shampoo, no head massage, and no accidental booby touchy lovey "love you long long" special. :p

theres a couple up elizabeth street near the back and along flinders.....but thats not the point.....australia is a expensive country but the variety and quality is mindblowing.....the standard of living is so goddam high.....u will never find that kind of quality of lifestyle in singapore and her cliche shopping malls....maybe singapore is cheap but everything has that cheapo,peasant,corner cutting,u get what u pay for feel to it.....and if u go to queen victoria market,mannnn the shit u see there u wouldnt believe......the cheeses,the olives,the wine,the tea leaves,the meats,the finest delicacies from europe.so rare and exotic i have no idea what the hell they are.....compare that to the typical peasant crap sinkies eat.fine dining to sinkies is like where to find the best nasi lemak or char kway teow....shit if they could see the treasures that i saw....

and the park behind la trobe!!!!!my god!!!!!!!!!its surreal and beautiful!!!!!!like something out of a garden of a english palace!!!

and the architecture!!!!!fucking hell!!!!!!amazing beautiful victorian era architecture!!!!like something out of a harry potter castle!!!

no one sanes whos gone to australia would ever want to come back to singapore......melbourne city is what i call the epitome and renaissance of fine european living...

singapore is a craphole,hawker centers are just cheap feeding troughs for porcines and hdbs are ghetto slum housing for peasants.....and the endless boring cliche shopping malls.....god.....fuck this stupid ass country.....singapore is shit country that dont even deserve to be in the top 20

australians are truly and well pampered and blessed....

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder Seee3 thinks you are krafty.
Maybe my understanding of mental illness is only 1%.

theres a couple up elizabeth street near the back and along flinders.....but thats not the point.....australia is a expensive country but the variety and quality is mindblowing.....the standard of living is so goddam high.....u will never find that kind of quality of lifestyle in singapore and her cliche shopping malls....maybe singapore is cheap but everything has that cheapo,peasant,corner cutting,u get what u pay for feel to it.....and if u go to queen victoria market,mannnn the shit u see there u wouldnt believe......the cheeses,the olives,the wine,the tea leaves,the meats,the finest delicacies from europe.so rare and exotic i have no idea what the hell they are.....compare that to the typical peasant crap sinkies eat.fine dining to sinkies is like where to find the best nasi lemak or char kway teow....shit if they could see the treasures that i saw....

and the park behind la trobe!!!!!my god!!!!!!!!!its surreal and beautiful!!!!!!like something out of a garden of a english palace!!!

and the architecture!!!!!fucking hell!!!!!!amazing beautiful victorian era architecture!!!!like something out of a harry potter castle!!!

no one sanes whos gone to australia would ever want to come back to singapore......melbourne city is what i call the epitome and renaissance of fine european living...

singapore is a craphole,hawker centers are just cheap feeding troughs for porcines and hdbs are ghetto slum housing for peasants.....and the endless boring cliche shopping malls.....god.....fuck this stupid ass country.....singapore is shit country that dont even deserve to be in the top 20

australians are truly and well pampered and blessed....

Last edited:

Erection2013

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder Seee3 thinks you are krafty.
Maybe my understanding of mental illness is only 1%.

You have underestimated the intelligence of driver taxis like us :mad:

Compared with Sydney, Melbourne is still my choice. Sydney in recent years has become a shit hole for the refugees from South and North Asia. Try going to The Rocks on a weekend and you'll think that you are at the Ganges

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are you cloning me..?:confused:

You have underestimated the intelligence of driver taxis like us :mad:

Compared with Sydney, Melbourne is still my choice. Sydney in recent years has become a shit hole for the refugees from South and North Asia. Try going to The Rocks on a weekend and you'll think that you are at the Ganges