• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Monetisation of HDB flats - amended

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been quite positive about monetisation of HDB flats...until the government amended the eligibility age to 65 on 17 Aug 2014. (please visit the HDB website)

Just before the ND Rally speech on 17 Aug 2014, the eligibility age was at 55.

I am positive of such a scheme because I thought the $20,000 bonus would see many people through from 55 to 65.

Zagy was still talking about sellers worrying about out-living the lease buy-back on 16 August 2014. Why would a dying 85-year-old worry on behalf of the government?

To add salt to injury, the "experts" are still talking today (19 Aug 2014) about out-living the 30-year lease retained because either they too have been blind-sided or are too lazy to update their spin-doctoring.

Strangely, the eligibility age for studio apartments still remains at 55. The Silver Housing Bonus for down-sizing too remains at 55.

How could the government make such a big change at the snap of a finger? Or some civil servant made a big mistake.

Edited: They have just updated the annex B to reflect 65 years for the SHB as at morning of 19 Aug 2014. LOL!

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
They change the rules like changing clothes. Do u realise that the pledging of property policy was changed twice.?

I have been quite positive about monetisation of HDB flats...until the government amended the eligibility age to 65 on 17 Aug 2014. (please visit the HDB website)

Just before the ND Rally speech on 17 Aug 2014, the eligibility age was at 55.

I am positive of such a scheme because I thought the $20,000 bonus would see many people through from 55 to 65.

Zagy was still talking about sellers worrying about out-living the lease buy-back on 16 August 2014. Why would a dying 85-year-old worry on behalf of the government?

To add salt to injury, the "experts" are still talking today (19 Aug 2014) about out-living the 30-year lease retained because either they too have been blind-sided or are too lazy to update their spin-doctoring.

Strangely, the eligibility age for studio apartments still remains at 55. The Silver Housing Bonus for down-sizing too remains at 55.

How could the government make such a big change at the snap of a finger? Or some civil servant made a big mistake.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
They change the rules like changing clothes. Do u realise that the pledging of property policy was changed twice.?

If they refuse to change, the PAP is accused of not listening the the people. What the hell do sinkies really want? :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vile pappies want sinkies to work non stop until old to pay for hdb pigeonhole.
After decades of slogging you finally pay off your 卖身栔.
Then when you can no longer work anymore they say you must pawn your only asset back to them for monthly allowance.
Pappies huat ah!

PMPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal
phouse3 aka Dogtor Joseph Ong Chor Teck reveal his true PAP colours that's why he whack WP for so many years! LOL

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they refuse to change, the PAP is accused of not listening the the people. What the hell do sinkies really want? :rolleyes:

PAP to change according to the dictates of the people. Isn't that how government should behave? Simple concept of democracy and the PAP can't even conform.

PAP put in changes for their benefit, not that of sinkees. See the problem?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like this you also cannot understand?

The economic slut wants to make sure these balless Sinkie who owe the HDB Ah Long or bank Ah Long fully paid up their pigeon hole before thinking they can moni-tar-rise their hole to get some cash just to pull thru their pathetic lives.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monetisation of HDB truly benefits one party only, and that is the government.

Sell you house at a profit, then stay where? So in fact, most are not selling their flats. As LHL just said, we monetise your flat, but don't sell it or you'll suffer in future. Then monetise for fuck?

Considering that they are now selling BTOs at such a high price that correlate with resale prices, who benefits more from the rise in prices?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the beginning, HDB flat was to provide a roof over our head and CPF was to for retirement.

The 90s brought asset enhancement and ballooning flat price. Everyone was elated. However, it came with a huge cost - high inflation.

Those who played the market by buying a second property benefited because property price increases faster than inflation. Those who held on to their only property find their effective CPF saving being eroded by inflation. Those who sold their cheap flat and upgrade to a new expensive one are saddled with insufficient CPF for retirement. But at least they still got to enjoy the cash made when they sold their flat. However, they actually didn't make any money. It is just a form of early withdrawal of their CPF because what they have pocketed is replaced by a loan of same amount and in most cases even bigger. The young ones are the worst off because their first flat is already expensive.

Looking back, it may be wiser if there is no assets enhancement. Let HDB flat be solely a roof over the head and CPF be for retirement. We will then not have problem of people having not enough for retirement and ever increasing minimum sum. We will not have to move out of the home we are so use to, or remortgage our flat, just to generate money for retirement. Sadly, the clock can't be turned back as our reserve is hinged on the value of the property. It is not a nice situation to be in.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the white scums were to disallow the CPF to be use for their HDB pigeon hole buying , what do you think would happen?

The Sinkie would be homeless?

Or the Papies have less to line their own pockets with huge salaries?

Or none of the above? LoL

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know if you guys realised that what PAP is trying to do here is to squeeze until you are dry and dead, take the HDB back, demolish it later, rebuild it and squeeze dry the next generation.
Smart way of covering up and reuse the land.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't know if you guys realised that what PAP is trying to do here is to squeeze until you are dry and dead, take the HDB back, demolish it later, rebuild it and squeeze dry the next generation.
Smart way of covering up and reuse the land.

I don't look at it that way at all. Nowhere else in the world can you get a roof over your head with all the modern amenities without any cash outlay whatsoever.

Singaporeans should consider themselves to be very lucky.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know if you guys realised that what PAP is trying to do here is to squeeze until you are dry and dead, take the HDB back, demolish it later, rebuild it and squeeze dry the next generation ...
u tel sinkies tis problem now, dey wil rook @ u wif a blank face ... dey can oni c how much their flats haf increased in price now ... dey wil understand oni wen it hits dem hard in ze face personally, juz like cpf ... juz wait 4 time-bom 2 tick until ze 1st flats gets close 2 demolishing time ...

Last edited: