• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP - Aug 2014 - NDR response: PAP must return CPF money to the people

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NDR response: PAP must return CPF money to the people

PM Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally signalled the PAP Government's intent of withholding the people's CPF money, continuing to dishonour its original promise to return Singaporean's their hard-earned retirement savings.

Mr Lee's announcement of future adjustments to allow retirees to withdraw more money fails to address the all-important question: How are older Singaporeans going to survive in their retirement?

As it is, most Singaporeans do not have enough to meet the Minimum Sum of $155,000 (which will be increased to $161,000 in 2015). Giving back retirees small monthly instalments of a few hundred dollars under the Minimum Sum Scheme will not allow them to survive in a city ranked the most expensive in the world.

The PAP must stop playing these money games and, instead, honour its pledge to return to Singaporeans their CPF savings.

To solve the problem of giving our retirees the means to survive, the SDP has proposed the following measures:

1. Remove land cost from HDB prices

It is estimated that Singaporeans pay more than 100% in excess for their HDB flats because of the mark up in price by the Government. The PAP says that it needs to factor in the cost of land sold to HDB. What it doesn't say is that the land costs the Government nothing.

The SDP's idea of Non-Open Market (NOM) flats will allow Singaporeans to convert their existing flats to NOM ones and, in return, the Government will give back the money deducted for land cost (which could range between $100,000 to $300,000 per flat depending on the flat-type) to their CPF accounts.

Read also SDP proposes NOM flats in housing policy

2. Scrap Medisave

The SDP healthcare plan will do away with the 3M system. Money retained under the Medisave scheme (currently at $43,500) will be returned to our CPF accounts.

In its place will be the National Health Investment Fund (NHIF) into which members will pay from their CPF a fraction of what Medisave withholds. The Government will contribute the remaining amount into the NHIF to make up the country's total healthcare expenditure.

In this manner, there will be universal healthcare in Singapore and Singaporeans will be relieved of the burden of paying unaffordable healthcare expenses.

Read also The SDP healthcare plan made simple

3. Return CPF to the people

Singaporeans must be able to withdraw all their savings to fund their retirement years. In other words, abolish the Minimum Sum Scheme. Singaporeans are much better custodians and managers of their own money than the PAP Government.

The current system of the Government withholding the people's savings while indulging in dubious, non-transparent and non-accountable investments by the GIC and Temasek Holdings is trouble waiting to happen.

In contrast, the SDP's three measures cited above will give Singaporeans sufficient funds to live our retirement in security and dignity. Singaporeans work hard our entire lives and should not be squeezed even more during our retirement years.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Below is a comment written by Dinah Sim on the Facebook page of The Real Singapore (17 hours ago):

Dinah Sim:
Well said SDP, go Dr Chee....True Blue Singaporeans need you.... I had recently spoke to a very good friend, who is a very renounced Doctor in the Private Sector about my very 1st encounter with Dr Chee and his most humble wife and family in Sydney. Am so surprised that this Doctor even commented "Dr Chee is a brilliant Nero Doctor who had done so much and is capable to even do more for True Blue Singaporeans both in the medical and political sectors. Unfortunately, he was not appreciated." However, I have only briefly met him and his family, my conclusion was that both my husband and myself were very privileged to have met such a humble, soft spoken and most importantly a very warm and compassionate man who also had a very compassionate and caring wife. His children were just amazing. We need people like Dr Chee in the government, not one that just care for his own bank account and governed the country with dictatorship.

Note: To maintain the authenticity of Dinah Sim's original comment, I do not want to correct her typo and grammatical errors in this post. It is more important to note that she wrote the comment with genuine feelings from her heart :smile:

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is as bad as the PAP:
August 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm (Quote)
As usual, the WP team and LTK have no moral standard and no matter of principle. LTK has no passion and no conviction/firm belief, he always sits on the fence and chooses to do the convenient thing by following which way the wind blows.
LTK would rather protect his $16k monthly salary than offend his PAP master. If you think LTK will ever make a stand for the TRUE interests of Singaporeans, I say you better tan ku ku – wait long long!!!!!
I am amazed whenever I see the WP supporters not being able to see the true colors of LTK!!!!!
I say, next General election, Vote WP and LTK OUT!!!!!!!! The WP and LTK does not do justice to the democratic movement in Singapore by sitting on the fence. Worse still, the WP does not even work hard to come up with their own proposals on important policy matters to challenge the PAP. Mind you, the taxpayers are paying to the tune of nearly $1.5 million per year to maintain the 7 WP MPs. The WP only knows how to organize tours and dinners, like the PAP, for the ulterior motive of winning (or deceiving) the votes from the gullible elderly uncles and aunties in our HDB heartlands. My fellow Singaporean, please believe me, both the PAP and WP are treating us like fools.
Next election, vote for the SDP. In my opinion, the SDP is the TRUE democratic opposition party. The SDP acts like a real gentleman and would always make a stand on what it believes, unlike the WP MPs who are so kiasi and kiasu to lose their $16k per month salaries.
The SDP has been warning Singaporeans about the CPF minimum sum scheme since 15 years ago! (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/we_said_this_15_years_ago/2014-08-15-5864)
And until now, the SDP is still officially stating unequivocally to the PAP to return the CPF money to the Singaporeans. (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/2014-08-18-5868)
Vote for the SDP if you want to see REAL change in your life in Singapore. Vote for the SDP for the sake of your own future and more importantly, for the better future of your younger generations. The SDP has worked very hard during the last three years to propose alternative policies in healthcare, housing, population, education, ministerial salaries, and soon-to-come economic and CPF policies. Mind you, the SDP team did all these alternative policy proposals without a single cent of taxpayers money. The WP MPs are paid $1.5 million a year and the WP has done ZERO alternative policies in the last three years. How can the WP call themselves an opposition party???????????
Voting for more WP MPs is like voting for more PAP MPs. Why waste your precious vote on them???????? Vote SDP and the other opposition parties for your own good benefits. Do not continue to be treated like fools by these two con man parties of PAP and WP.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great job!! Well done!! Keep up the good work, SDP!!

Hi bro, thank you for your encouraging words of support :smile:

May all of us do our part to be the change we wish to see in Singapore :smile:

images

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is as bad as the PAP:
August 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm (Quote)
As usual, the WP team and LTK have no moral standard and no matter of principle. LTK has no passion and no conviction/firm belief, he always sits on the fence and chooses to do the convenient thing by following which way the wind blows.
LTK would rather protect his $16k monthly salary than offend his PAP master. If you think LTK will ever make a stand for the TRUE interests of Singaporeans, I say you better tan ku ku – wait long long!!!!!
I am amazed whenever I see the WP supporters not being able to see the true colors of LTK!!!!!
I say, next General election, Vote WP and LTK OUT!!!!!!!! The WP and LTK does not do justice to the democratic movement in Singapore by sitting on the fence. Worse still, the WP does not even work hard to come up with their own proposals on important policy matters to challenge the PAP. Mind you, the taxpayers are paying to the tune of nearly $1.5 million per year to maintain the 7 WP MPs. The WP only knows how to organize tours and dinners, like the PAP, for the ulterior motive of winning (or deceiving) the votes from the gullible elderly uncles and aunties in our HDB heartlands. My fellow Singaporean, please believe me, both the PAP and WP are treating us like fools.
Next election, vote for the SDP. In my opinion, the SDP is the TRUE democratic opposition party. The SDP acts like a real gentleman and would always make a stand on what it believes, unlike the WP MPs who are so kiasi and kiasu to lose their $16k per month salaries.
The SDP has been warning Singaporeans about the CPF minimum sum scheme since 15 years ago! (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/we_said_this_15_years_ago/2014-08-15-5864)
And until now, the SDP is still officially stating unequivocally to the PAP to return the CPF money to the Singaporeans. (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/2014-08-18-5868)
Vote for the SDP if you want to see REAL change in your life in Singapore. Vote for the SDP for the sake of your own future and more importantly, for the better future of your younger generations. The SDP has worked very hard during the last three years to propose alternative policies in healthcare, housing, population, education, ministerial salaries, and soon-to-come economic and CPF policies. Mind you, the SDP team did all these alternative policy proposals without a single cent of taxpayers money. The WP MPs are paid $1.5 million a year and the WP has done ZERO alternative policies in the last three years. How can the WP call themselves an opposition party???????????
Voting for more WP MPs is like voting for more PAP MPs. Why waste your precious vote on them???????? Vote SDP and the other opposition parties for your own good benefits. Do not continue to be treated like fools by these two con man parties of PAP and WP.

No matter what. Now and the immediate short future is not to attack ur fellow comrades. Each party is different and have their own ways,strategy,timeline to achieve their agendas.
More important is to constantly come up with brilliant suggestions and feedbacks with the People's interest 1st to our incumbent and keep them on their toes.
The people of Spore are educuated and well informed nowadays. We are slowly awakening. kp up the good work!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter what. Now and the immediate short future is not to attack ur fellow comrades. Each party is different and have their own ways,strategy,timeline to achieve their agendas.
More important is to constantly come up with brilliant suggestions and feedbacks with the People's interest 1st to our incumbent and keep them on their toes.
The people of Spore are educuated and well informed nowadays. We are slowly awakening. kp up the good work!

sad to say, i realized in my teens that some opposition leaders are PAP moles.........