• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You can buy Fukushima rice this Friday

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20140818_13.html

Fukushima rice exports to resume
Nuclear & Energy Aug. 18, 2014 - Updated 08:18 UTC+8
Farmers in Japan's Fukushima prefecture are resuming rice exports to Singapore this month.

This will mark the first overseas shipment of their grain since the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in March 2011.

The accident raised concerns about the safety of goods produced in the area. Local farmers had to suspend their annual exports of more than 100 tons of rice to Hong Kong, Taiwan and other places.

Japan's federation of agricultural cooperatives, known as JA Zen-Noh, has been negotiating with other countries to start accepting Fukushima rice again. The group succeeded in convincing Singaporean officials of the product's safety.

The initial export of 300 kilograms will be rigorously screened for radioactive materials before shipment. Customers in Singapore will be able to buy the rice starting this Friday.

Fukushima farmers have already restarted exports of other products like peaches and apples. Prefectural and Japan Agriculture officials say they hope to expand the rice shipments to more Asian countries.

shinzo-abe-lee-hsien.jpg

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I say LHL is a shitty leader!

If AH Loong likes Radiation so much, why not import Radiation Waste from Japan?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can someone kindly post pics of the jap rice brands when its out?
I need to call home to tell my folks what not to buy.
Thank you.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does this mean i need a geiger counter whenever i eat my gong bao chili chicken rice at my favourite tiong store?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can someone kindly post pics of the jap rice brands when its out?
I need to call home to tell my folks what not to buy.
Thank you.

There are many. You can go to Meidi-Ya supermarket at Liang Court or Isetan Scotts basement and see for yourself.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent. Better buy more of these high quality rice while it is cheap. While stocks last.

jw5

Loyal
You mean your wife is imaginary but the guests are real? Wow, you gonna have real problems this weekend. :biggrin:

My imaginary wife likes to make sushi for the guests. I will invite my grassroot pals over this coming weekend.