• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leveling the playing field for ITE and poly students?

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was announced during PM Lee's National Day Rally that Aspire committee has been set up to ensure that Poly and ITE students have progression. ASPIRE is also looking into ways to assist poly and ITE students such as implementing apprenticeship.
These schemes are aimed at leveling the playing field for ITE and Poly students. What are your thoughts on this?

https://www.facebook.com/fabflop/posts/705759202794720

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our polytechnics are much better than many universities in Southeast Asia, UK and ANZ.

I hope to the day our local polytechnics get to grant bachelor's degrees like their counterparts in UK and HK

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is already a cutthroat competition,dog eat dog world,PM Lee cannot even level the playing field between singaporeans and fts u can jolly well forget about levelling the playing field for the fucktards and failures in ITE and polys.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pure sandra bullocks. If paper chase not imprt why choose scholars to form cabaret.

Why hos son need to deprive others of scholarship when he could hv stop him at jc level?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pure sandra bullocks. If paper chase not imprt why choose scholars to form cabaret.

Why hos son need to deprive others of scholarship when he could hv stop him at jc level?

[video=youtube;moOamKxW844]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOamKxW844[/video]

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun look down on the ITEs and Polys...

they can find jobs in angmo countries easily because there are shortages of blue collar workers!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
well not all from polys,maybe half.ITEs 90% failures.

RUN was from a mono-intake unit. The bulk of mono-intakes' strength are ITE students or O-level holders.

By the time, RUN's unit stood-down, most of us are in 30s:

- the LCPs & CPLs drove as many good cars as the Poly & JC commanders. The carpark was 120% full in our last ICT. We cannot deny that many have progressed in life.

- The richest officer owned a defense-related company but the richest LCP is 3x richer, working for Korean government for procurements in risky third-world countries. If you don't have angkongs, there are some places that you wouldn't go.

- Many of the JC grad worked for civil service and private sector, clocking $5-8k a month. For every JC grad making $10K in my unit, I can name even more LCPs running SMEs, who are doing better.

- A few glamorous JC grads became RMs in top banks but many more LCPs and CPLs have also qualified for priority/premier banking.

- For every demotivated JC grad who suffered depression and fell, there were even more rugged LCPs & CPLs in RUN's unit who faced the challenges in life bravely; taking on dirty-jobs like hawkers, fishmongers, electricians, builders and making as much as their PMET Sergeants and Officers.

Education is good and important but if you look at a cohort when they are 40 years old, you realized that the gap between JC and ITE narrows. Your discriminations are uncalled for.

Everyone had a different starting line in life but when we returned from outfield, the sergeants and LCP/CPLs would all came together to wash the tracks of our tanks in the washing bay.

WE WERE SOLDIERS

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun look down on the ITEs and Polys...

they can find jobs in angmo countries easily because there are shortages of blue collar workers!

This is already the case in Singapore. Let me give this example, a normal electrical engineer (not PE) makes $4-5K a month. Many ITE electrical grads doing fibre/cable/electrical wiring, make as much too.

RUN opted his child out of higher chinese.
higher chinese gives his child a better chance to go JC but RUN has other priorities for his children.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I have to agree with Run.
Degree holder so what? Also just a salaried worker.

success in career doesn mean success in life.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is already the case in Singapore. Let me give this example, a normal electrical engineer (not PE) makes $4-5K a month. Many ITE electrical grads doing fibre/cable/electrical wiring, make as much too.

RUN opted his child out of higher chinese.
higher chinese gives his child a better chance to go JC but RUN has other priorities for his children.

I do not agree you opted out higher chinese. If your kids can cope well. Just let them try. If cant cope, then opt out later also not too late.

Also learn higher chinese not just for the sake of going JC.
You have a wrong thinking.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like u are feeling insecure and building a world of fantasy for yourself.look at all the stereotypes deployed in ur analogy.unreal,unlikely and statistically impossible.

to be honest i dont really think making lots of money is that hard or amazing or does it take alot of intelligence.....anybody can make money easily doing many things....duncann bannatyne started his business empire with a ice cream truck,grew it to many trucks and sold the chain for millions,sheng siong boss made $500 million from supermarkets(hes like the singapore version of walmart) but so what?u can be a kopitiam boss and become a millionaire too......like all ur ite and mono intake friends,just find something that makes money and do it and keep working until ur rich,nothing to it......there are also people who invest on the side,creating a side stream of income,by the time they are 28,29 or 30,they have 100 to 300k in stocks/assets generating passive income.

what i admire are the people who have the genius,the intellectual brilliance and force of mind to create something spectacular and do something incredibly hard to do,something so unique and non mainstream,turn it into something phenomenal and make tons of money along the way......people like elon musk who make his fortune designing rockets and sending it to space,and electric cars,create industries out of nothing.or larry ellison founder of oracle or ray dalio hedge fund genius or warren buffet.

RUN was from a mono-intake unit. The bulk of mono-intakes' strength are ITE students or O-level holders.

By the time, RUN's unit stood-down, most of us are in 30s:

- the LCPs & CPLs drove as many good cars as the Poly & JC commanders. The carpark was 120% full in our last ICT. We cannot deny that many have progressed in life.

- The richest officer owned a defense-related company but the richest LCP is 3x richer, working for Korean government for procurements in risky third-world countries. If you don't have angkongs, there are some places that you wouldn't go.

- Many of the JC grad worked for civil service and private sector, clocking $5-8k a month. For every JC grad making $10K in my unit, I can name even more LCPs running SMEs, who are doing better.

- A few glamorous JC grads became RMs in top banks but many more LCPs and CPLs have also qualified for priority/premier banking.

- For every demotivated JC grad who suffered depression and fell, there were even more rugged LCPs & CPLs in RUN's unit who faced the challenges in life bravely; taking on dirty-jobs like hawkers, fishmongers, electricians, builders and making as much as their PMET Sergeants and Officers.

Education is good and important but if you look at a cohort when they are 40 years old, you realized that the gap between JC and ITE narrows. Your discriminations are uncalled for.

Everyone had a different starting line in life but when we returned from outfield, the sergeants and LCP/CPLs would all came together to wash the tracks of our tanks in the washing bay.

WE WERE SOLDIERS

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of cos you need a degree to suceed. Look at the credentials of the foreign trash.

we recognize many universities in Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Philippines.
That's why I think our polytechnics need to issue degrees to provide a level playing ground for our poly students. :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Level the playing field?

Why don't he start first by "LEVELING HIS PAY PACKET'?

That should put an end to the doubts that these 'eat full cannot do any thing right' people ain't worth that much! LoL