• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LHL says: Old people ask me not to return their CPF.Laughter and applause for peasant

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LHL says: Old people ask me not to return their CPF.Laughter and applause for pea

1. What is the main issue?

The issue is deprivation of CPF money, especially between 55~65, not impoverishment of CPF. We have a whopping $260 billion NET balance in CPF and the figure is growing each year.

2. What is the primary source of income, including retirement income?

It is obviously from our wages/salaries. Instead of addressing this issue during our working years (primary stage), the government is trying to address the issue during our retirement years (secondary and terminal stage).

3. Is raising of Minimum Sum a solution at all?

Instead of coming out with targetted solutions, the government is performing magic shows.

If inflation is high, we should target lower inflation. If healthcare/housing costs are high, we should lower them by subsidies. If population explosion is the cause, we should contain it. We should not go through the Maths wizardry of shortening the payout period and injecting more capital (raising Min. Sum) in order to boost CPF payouts so that people can afford the high costs of living. It is a magic show. Anyway, high costs of living affects everybody now, not just the future.

Changing a figure (Min. Sum) is a fake solution. The real money is from genuine sources (see point 2). Of course, monetisation of flats is another source of real money.

4. Returning our money is irresponsible?

Before we turn 55, we are allowed to speculate in a whole repertoire of products including property, gold, unit trust, others. But on the day we turn 55, suddenly we are treated as imbeciles and the government has to lock our money away. The illogic is stunning.

The excuse that retirees would squander away their money even at the ripe old age of 55 is poor. Would retirees invest $330 million in an education firm in Brazil?

If retirees outlive their money, the problem is at the last stretch of their lives. It is so strange of the government to short circuit the problem to present by withholding the personal money of retirees. Why spend taxpayers money now instead of when the need arises? Moreover, we all know half of Singaporeans will not live until 85 and beyond. So the agony is exaggerated by 2 times. (see next point)

5. It is all about the reserves, isn't it?

It is not difficult to work out the amount GIC is managing, including an expected $100 billion spending. The "significant sums of unencumbered monies" will become peanuts. That's why retaining the encumbered monies (CPF) is so important.

Singapore likes to act like a small country with a big voice. China desisted letting its currency appreciates. Singapore lets the S$ appreciates from $1.93 to $1.25 over 10 years. Our forex losses piled up and our exports got hurt too.

The government also has a better deal. Temasek is performing much better than GIC because it has a higher quality portfolio, not a higher-risks one. Just look at the high-dividend paying TLCs like DBS, SIA, Singtel, Keppel, etc. Moreover, they are in S$.

Investing retirement money in foreign currencies is a fundamental breach of investment ethics by the government. We should lobby for an immediate switching to local assets or for the return of our money.

Now the stingy nanny is opening up its purse. But is spending $100 billion on new MRT lines and others going to be money well-spent?

An ageing population is only a problem if the country is poor. If the $100 billion is used to spend on the people instead of importing foreigners inordinately and then having to spend on infrastructure, we won't have a problem. Human beings are mortals and will die one day. The pool of oldies will eventually stabilise even if new ones are joining the ranks every year. In fact, it is the importation of adults that causes and perpetuates an ageing population.

6. Are we under-saving or over-saving?

Govt savings = taxes - spending + investment income

By reducing healthcare subsidies from 70% to 30%, the government is generating savings
By selling land/properties at high prices, the government is generating savings
By raising GST from 3% to 7%, the government is generating savings
By raising foreign workers levies, the government is generating savings
By locking away investment income, the government is saving up
By creating income inequality, the Marginal Propensity to Save has gone up.
By locking away our CPF, we have been forced to save too much.
By encouraging home-ownership, we have been forced to save too much.
By making us buy all kinds of compulsory insurances (longevity, healthcare, etc.), we have been forced to save too much.

Anyone could see that our woes are due to over-saving. How the hell did the experts come to the opposite conclusion that we are not saving/investing (S=I) enough or the returns are not high enough?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: LHL says: Old people ask me not to return their CPF.Laughter and applause for pea

LHL and the PAP live in a make-believe world. If the voters decide to make sinkapore bankrupt, it is their choice. That's how democracy is supposed to work. If the government can't live with that, then it should quit. Period.

That's why democracy is not the ideal solution for a small country like Singapore. The current method of running it as a corporation is far superior. It ensures that opportunities abound and everyone is well taken care of in one way or another.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any other stuff? CONtributions please

when i realize he is hogging all the channels i switch off the tv and surf SBF. i don't expect anything good from this traitor.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i just think that his rally is bull shitting and hood winking sinkies into thinking as usual PAP is the best...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Owe $ pay $. Loansharks know the golden rule. Pinky is pretending to be oblivious.

excellent!!!

it's honourable and right for the pap to return what belongs to singaporeans who toiled with their blood sweat and tears

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The NDR looks like a fool talking to an audience of stupid robots.One start to clap and all will follow to clap and the fool thought he is very clever and doing a fantastic job.
The fool will only wake up when he lost power in the GE 2016.
Then the crying and sobbing will start all over again.
I say Stand up like a man ,Don't lose like a Chow Ah Kua !
KNNCCB !!!

DO you think the fools in NDR vs fools in CHC, which group are fooler ? Or same ?

kapkia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why want to take out the CPF money???
Give me 3 reason!
Money in CPF better than return it to Sinkie.

1. buy kapkia
2. go jb chiong
3. and chiong

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only dumbfuck opposition supporting retards will think $155K is a lot of money. $155K over 30 years adjusted with interest works out to over $200. If you cannot even save $200 a month please do not talk about retirement

For those opposition supporting retard calling for lump sum return of the $155K, assuming govt plan of $1.2K draw out a month, $155K will last U only around 13-14yrs. Ur retirement is that short? While if you leave it in CPF U get it for life!!!!!

We haven't even address the amount $1.2K enough for your monthly expenses? It's sure not enough for me

In conclusion, $155K is not a lot. Hell it's not enough. Only opposition supporting retard will continue to complain about it and realize too late they do not have enough to retire

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

In conclusion, $155K is not a lot. Hell it's not enough. Only opposition supporting retard will continue to complain about it and realize too late they do not have enough to retire

Well said. I have added to your points.

Hurricane88

Alfrescian
Loyal

The old woman is wise. She is also spot on. Most Sinkies will blow all their CPF money on idle pursuits. Thank goodness LHL has kept a cool head in this contentious issue. The minimum sum may not be a popular policy but it certainly is sound.

We may hate him or love him...ultimately up to individual...to me maybe when i see if i am better off or worse off when I reach 65...:smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The NDR looks like a fool talking to an audience of stupid robots.One start to clap and all will follow to clap and the fool thought he is very clever and doing a fantastic job.
The fool will only wake up when he lost power in the GE 2016.
Then the crying and sobbing will start all over again.
I say Stand up like a man ,Don't lose like a Chow Ah Kua !
KNNCCB !!!

He was, imo, trying hard to be cute and adorable. Failed big time.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saw this wonderful stand up from LHL on the news today
"I asked an old woman, what if we returned all your money, will you not spend it all? The woman said, then you return mine only. My husband will overspend"
Laughter from assorted lackeys.

This and other jewels from his great speech, reflecting on the stupidity of sinkies. Of course, there's the classic, "the minimum sum is not a lot of money". Epic. I couldnt watch it all, still wanted to eat dinner. Any other stuff? Contributions please

161K is not a lot of money. He pretty sum it up!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. buy kapkia
2. go jb chiong
3. and chiong

Then $155k will be gone in 2~3 year.

I support min sum in CPF but gov must increase the CPF interest rate maybe 4~6%/year.

Here few reason people want to take out CPF money. I do my own survey. Asking those 45~65.
Most of them give reason
1. They want to invest in business >> what business with $155k (currently CPF money can use to invest certain approve share in SGX)
2. They want to use money for holiday >> if really desperate for $155k money what holiday???
3. They want to buy house >> what house they can buy?? down payment only then how pay the rest??
4. They want to cheong >>> they might die faster

All above is bullshit reason. They just want money to spend. Never think of they might live another 20 year or more.
80% Sinkie when take out money cannot manage they money and will be gone in few year after withdraw. Just do you own survey.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

161K is not a lot of money. He pretty sum it up!

Even at 200k, to some, it is not enough, depending on one's spending habit.
Just give the people the choice, whether to draw it out or leave it there.

One might be surprised by the outcome.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those want to empty CPF acc. There is one choice migrate and convert to other nationality. Come back as tourist.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey, it worked for lee senile. He forgot the voters were mostly uneducated then

And they got their cpf money in full at 55. No need to complain.