• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Member: Cabbies are badmouthing SG while ferrying tourists

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Cabbies are badmouthing SG while ferrying tourists[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
August 16th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Online Press

taxi.png
I went to a wedding dinner recently and met some relatives from overseas. One was from Switzerland and another was from New Zealand.
I was taken aback by the negative things they had heard about Singapore. They were bemused as they knew Singapore was renowned for being a great place to live and visit.
They said taxi drivers had told them these things after they revealed themselves to be visitors.

I acknowledge that citizens of any country do have their gripes. However, I expect taxi drivers to be “mini-ambassadors” of our country, especially when they are ferrying foreign visitors.

Why pour out their grievances to foreign guests and leave them with an unsavoury impression of our country?

Taxi companies should educate their drivers on their role of “selling” Singapore, so more tourists will visit and, hence, bring more business for cabbies.

Perhaps the Singapore Tourism Board should find ways to reward taxi drivers for promoting Singapore. After all, cabbies are usually the first line of contact for tourists when they arrive here.

Henry Low Chuan Hoe
* Letter first appeared in ST Forum (16 Aug)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...ing-not-letter-but-person-behind-4776772.html

https://www.pap.org.sg/news-and-comm...ard-recipients

Aljunied GRC
Han Tat Fong, PBM (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Low Chuan Hoe Henry, PBM (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Tang See Kiong, Adrian (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Fong Voon Siew, Michael, PBM (Eunos)
Sito Pek Chun (Kaki Bukit)
Tieo Jau Seng (Kaki Bukit)
Leong Ton, Michelle, PBM (Paya Lebar)
Tng Kay Lim, BBM (Paya Lebar)
Lee Mei Ling (Serangoon)

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is a good thing we put a little realism into tourism. If you want the sanitized version of Singapore, watch the tourism commercials. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...ing-not-letter-but-person-behind-4776772.html

https://www.pap.org.sg/news-and-comm...ard-recipients

Aljunied GRC
Han Tat Fong, PBM (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Low Chuan Hoe Henry, PBM (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Tang See Kiong, Adrian (Bedok Reservoir-Punggol)
Fong Voon Siew, Michael, PBM (Eunos)
Sito Pek Chun (Kaki Bukit)
Tieo Jau Seng (Kaki Bukit)
Leong Ton, Michelle, PBM (Paya Lebar)
Tng Kay Lim, BBM (Paya Lebar)
Lee Mei Ling (Serangoon)

You need to be a certain type of person to get letters published on the ST Forum. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the only one that is prepared to defend the PAP in the press are those associated with the PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are already rewarding people for selling Singapore.

To be more precise: we are rewarding PAP politicians for selling out Singapore.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want sinkies, whether taxi drivers or even any service providers, to be proud of sinkie land and sing praises of the pappie Govt to tourists, the MIW should always take good care of sinkies first. When even SPRs who are pure foreigners are treated almost like sinkies, where is the pride to be a sinkie?

These taxi drivers are not stupid. They can see and feel that the paps are shits.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I acknowledge that citizens of any country do have their gripes. However, I expect taxi drivers to be “mini-ambassadors” of our country, especially when they are ferrying foreign visitors ...
wat n idiot! ...

ofcos cabbies noe dat ...

cabbies r oni human ... dey muz b lekan-ed 2 such n xtreme n dat dey really buey tahan liao ...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A lot of these taxi driver bedek one lah. They KPKB about PAP 24/7 but when it comes to election, no prize of getting right which party they vote!

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Singapore was renowned for being a great place to live and visit."

Most expensive city to live in.

Too good to be true,its probably is.....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agree,i reccommend all taxi drivers to go for a 2 week interactive course with Yakult minister on the importance of "hearing the right things" subject upon renewing their taxi licence.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expect taxi drivers to be “mini-ambassadors” of our country, especially when they are ferrying foreign visitors.

They can be mini-ambassadors, provided that their earning is >$10k a month.
And, make them free from renting taxi from Pappies' Corporate entities and let them be individual taxi owner.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
He wants to see Singapore like N. Korea, where everyone talks good about country and everywhere can see portraits of the ruling party.