• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAP Member: Cabbies are badmouthing SG while ferrying tourists

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Cabbies are badmouthing SG while ferrying tourists[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
August 16th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Online Press

taxi.png
I went to a wedding dinner recently and met some relatives from overseas. One was from Switzerland and another was from New Zealand.
I was taken aback by the negative things they had heard about Singapore. They were bemused as they knew Singapore was renowned for being a great place to live and visit.
They said taxi drivers had told them these things after they revealed themselves to be visitors.

I acknowledge that citizens of any country do have their gripes. However, I expect taxi drivers to be “mini-ambassadors” of our country, especially when they are ferrying foreign visitors.

Why pour out their grievances to foreign guests and leave them with an unsavoury impression of our country?

Taxi companies should educate their drivers on their role of “selling” Singapore, so more tourists will visit and, hence, bring more business for cabbies.

Perhaps the Singapore Tourism Board should find ways to reward taxi drivers for promoting Singapore. After all, cabbies are usually the first line of contact for tourists when they arrive here.

Henry Low Chuan Hoe
* Letter first appeared in ST Forum (16 Aug)

How do you sell your country when it is already sold?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every tourist should visit SBF to know a great deal about Singapore before they come

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can be mini-ambassadors, provided that their earning is >$10k a month.
And, make them free from renting taxi from Pappies' Corporate entities and let them be individual taxi owner.

I would love to be their mini-ambassadors or PAP Ambassadors if i can have such privilege.
But hell NO. These corporate entity tries to make these drivers slave.

So let me ask, does the children of Israel has nice words for their Egyptian Pharohs who made them slave ? No, will be the obvious answer !

You think you treat me slave like and i still have nice words for you ? Moronic