• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LBW Defends Buying Ping Pong Medals In Place of Competing With True SGs!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to give her credit for realising that FT medal wins are all hollow victories and no one fucking cares. She would have been able to sleep nights having nurtured and fielded locals.

Taking shortcuts in life serves no one. If they genuinely invested time and effort in primary schools and selected a few as feeders, we would have seen some progress by now.

I will be continuing to bring in FT from China to catapult myself and the association to higher level. Next target, be the World and Olympic Champion. Next next target, produce a Individual table tennis Champion beating China.

I am sure my members will support me. They will be duly rewarded if they support me and my cause.After all , government allow it. There is no right or wrong. The victory maybe hollow. But i was being rewarded for doing what is being given and instructed to me at that point of time.

In this society, glory, success and reward is what you aim for. If you want change,you must prove that you can lead and people will submit to your cause. Then you can call for change cos people align their vision to yours.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These parents are few and the talent pool is therefore limited. If the govt creates the right environment that promotes sports, the talent catchment pool will be larger and the chances of finding the right talent is also better.

Singapore is also not ideal to make a living in sports. Its quite an uphill task.

Not very true. I know of parents who send their kids for gym or swimming training before pr school. This guys are loaded. Their kids finally rep singapore, but their results in international meets are only so so. These training a are not cheap, not to count the physio that can cost hundreds per session. If these rich parents can afford to spend so much money for gym or swim, I am sure it is cheaper for ping pong. No, they won't send their kids for ping pong because ang mo don't play ping pong. It is a "low-class" sport to these rich parents and they don't wish their kids to be near it. Yes, parents are the stumbling block, but nothing to do with issue of food on the table.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sillypore gahbrament most of the time will not spend $$$ to invest and groom local talent.
Just look at how the MIW manage our economy and you'll get the idea.
They will always go for shortcut to achieve what they aim for within the shortest time frame.
Even sports such as soccer also import those lousy players and give them citizenship.