• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Decision Making

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the time open eyes till closes, many decisions must be made daily. What to wear, what to eat, who to makan with, where to chiong, bet on which team etc. What are the dynamics involved?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you consider lucky.

Some have to make decision what he should do to make ends meet.

1. School fee next week where get money to pay;

2. No rice, where get money to pay;

3. wife sick, where got people to take care of her.

From the time open eyes till closes, many decisions must be made daily. What to wear, what to eat, who to makan with, where to chiong, bet on which team etc. What are the dynamics involved?

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You form your own reality with your beliefs, thoughts and expectations.

What you believe in, what you focus on, what you concentrate your attention on, will form your reality.

So if u ask me how are decisions made, would have to say that you decide on things by your free will, but your decision process is heavily influenced by your inner beliefs and how you think about yourself.

If u have a positive self image and believe in your own worth, you will make positive and beneficial decisions.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

most of the decisions are from the subconscious..................you can't even control your own thoughts................they come and go.........

Buddha got say mah..................there are thoughts, but no thinker.............

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

You need to decide for all those daily activities?:rolleyes:
Most things should be auto-mode after maturing at age of 18.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What you believe in, what you focus on, what you concentrate your attention on, will form your reality.

I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! I will win TOTO group 1 prize as sole winner! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hahahahahehehehekekeke!

Unfortunately reality does not operate that way.

Zhihau, you are one of the most positive guys here. I think you are capable of producing in your personal reality wealth that is even more than TOTO GRP 1 prize. And am not necessarily referring to only material wealth.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are lucky we have the most capable pap team making some of our most important decisions for us. :smile:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the dynamics involved?

DECISIONMAKIN.gif

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the majority, it has to be based on cost-benefit factor after all options are considered. We make decisions that are value maximising.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had an ex-colleague whose entire life for the day was based on a simple choice that he made the day before. If he picked Laksa, the next day for lunch it will be Laksa but he will make an attempt to find the best Laksa that he reasonably could reach during lunch time. No change of mind, very decisive. Eventually we ended up up following him for lunch whenever we could and it was an enjoyable experience.

Quite an easy going chap in all other respects.

When you have choices, it always difficult to decide.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the majority, it has to be based on cost-benefit factor after all options are considered. We make decisions that are value maximising.

Most decisions people make are emotional and not rational.

Like hanging $10k flowers every week for a particular singer.

For me I follow YPH ...... If had good breakfast, I will have superior decision making ability! Huat ah!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For me I follow YPH ...... If had good breakfast, I will have superior decision making ability! Huat ah!

I opine the majority make decisions after careful calculations. Those who make decisions based on emotions sure regret later. Yes, hfjs is one place where emotions come into active play. Same goes for 7th month bidding.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes unfortunately most decisions people make in life are influenced by emotion rather than reason......people who play poker/daytrade know it painfully well.....

we like to tell ourselves that human being are 100% logical/rational creatures but more often then not that is not true.....we like to think we are highly evolved sentient creatures but the truth is we are only one step away from animals,one step away from becoming that snarling raging mindless thoughtless beast,that creature controlled by irrational fear and herd behaviour.......that creature who has lost all control and reason,that creature whose gone down the path of self destruction.

the limbic system,the part of our brain that controls our emotions and instincts,the part that exist in all animal still reigns even though humans have highly developed prefrontal cortex.....

human beings are still controlled by fear,anger,lust,pleasure,greed,jealousy in their everyday lives.....and sometimes these emotions can lead to drastic consequences.

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
GoldenDragon,

Please let us know whether you will continue to vote the PAP after tonight's National Day Rally speech and what the dynamics are for your decision to vote for or against the PAP?