• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSBC banker steals from grieving widow, Malaysia boleh

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...shocked-over-missing-money-bank-account-20140

Wife of MH370 crew member shocked over missing money in bank account

Published on Aug 16, 2014 10:46 AM

PETALING JAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - The wife of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 crew member Tan Size Hiang is reeling in shock that money has been siphoned from her husband's bank account.

Elaine Chew, 35, said she could not believe that someone would have the audacity to prey on Tan and three other victims of the flight that went missing with 239 passengers on March 8.

"No one at the bank or the police told me about the theft. I found out from the newspapers," she said.

"I then went to the bank to ask but they would not release any information to me because they said it was private and confidential. I don't even know how much was taken."

That was the second time she was turned away.

Chew said she contacted the bank after the MH370 tragedy to settle her husband's credit card bills but was denied access to his account.

"I don't know what to say. I can't get into my husband's account but someone else could access it and take the money from him. I'm surprised.

"I want to thank Malaysia Airlines, which has been very concerned about me regarding this issue, especially the human resources department and my caregivers," Chew said.

Money from Tan's bank account was among four that had been siphoned, with the total loss amounting to RM110,643 (S$43,716).

The other accounts belonged to Malaysian Hui Pui Heng, 66, and Chinese nationals Ju Kun, 32, and Tian Jun Wei, 29.

Federal Commercial Crimes Investigation Department director Comm Datuk Mortadza Nazarene said Bukit Aman was hunting for two more suspects, including a Pakistani man, over the siphoning.

A HSBC Bank Malaysia officer and her husband, both 33, have already been arrested.

The Pakistani is one Ali Farran in his 30s, while the other suspect is a Malaysian, known only as Raj and believed to be the mastermind.

HSBC communications head Marlene Kaur said the bank discovered the siphoning and lodged a police report.

"HSBC is deeply sorry for the incident and apologises to the families of our customers for the distress this will cause, and assures them there will be no losses on these accounts," she said.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posb Bestest!

neighbours first....

I heard from my Batam friends of a case where Indonesians who kept money in a Spore bank found the money missing. The problem is that they didn't monitor the funds. They thought that Spore banks were safe places.

Even items stored at CISCO for safe keeping are known to go missing. I remember reading about some items that went missing & then magically reappeared again:eek:

Or how about the Spore bank in HK that threw away items that were stored in their safety desposit boxes. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia truly Asia!!

Corruption is part of Asian values.

Not true, corruption is also angmoh values. Last time my office angmoh in Australia will help themselves to company property. Such as using company property to store their own things or even rent out the space etc.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha HSBC Msia really no standard. That time I went to apply credit card at the JB branch and no news for a few months. When I went to check, they said there was no application. Of course, i know the treatment would be different if I put one million there.