• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Quantitave Easing makes average Joe sick, hungry and poor.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
How Quantitave Easing makes average Joe sick, hungry and poor.

I.e. how QE induced inflation, low interest rate environment helps the rich as it disenfranchises the poor.

By rich I mean shareholders/ MNC C-suite staffers and politicians by extension since in the Singapore context, political salaries are tagged to the highest private sector salaries (I.e. CEO level salaries)
By the poor, I mean working class, retirees etc whose income is to a lesser degree from share holdings/ property rent seeking but savings/ bank savings interest in cash or kind (I.e. bank $$$ deposits)

This is because every MNC KNOWS that in a high inflation low interest rate environment is an abnormality suited to make CEOs/ $$$ investors filthy rich since products manufactured at low costs (low capital costs due to low interest rates) can be sold for much higher costs depending on what the inflation rate is. It is thus a no brainer that without improving product quantity/ quality, the manufacturer (shareholders/ CEO) pockets the difference (generally assumed as) the QE/ inflation induced price increase over the artificially depressed interest rate (due to the flood of printed new $$$: aka quantitave easing (QE).

Thus, whilst GDP has increased due to products costing more, there is no material gain to the quality of life of the man in the streets. To politicians however, there is the satisfaction of an IMMEDIATE improvement in salary earned since either through bribes/ lobby funds from MNCs (I am pressured to declare this absent in Sink@poor) or by benchmarking to CEO level salaries.

QE is thus the construct of EVIL MEN out to rig GDP numbers in the hope of lining their own pockets at the expense of the masses or the poor.
The right way to improve the lives of the poor (which would probably improve GDP WITHOUT any QE would be to improve education and the level of moral persuasion in society (better public kindness/ cooperation, environment consciousness and personal hygiene, charity etc) so that poor people can achieve their fullest creative personal potential, in moral consciousness).

Inducing growth through QE is like an athlete on steriods: an illegal act with seriously detrimental future health consequences.

Politicians of today who espouse QE (e.g. Abenomics) will soon be overwhelmed with the overwhelming social costs and unrest due to wealth inequality caused by QE.

Shame on QE promoting politicians, the miseries that they will suffer in Hell are well deserved/ self-inflicted.

Illustrations:
Benchmarking political salaries to the highest possible:
ST23Mar2007-%2BWhy%2Bpay%2Bmust%2Bgo%2Bup.JPG

Ben Bernanke (@FED Chairman) giving printed $$$ to his friends (MNCs in exchange for some sham bonds to keep interest rates artificially low):
this-is-what-it-means-when-people-talk-about-sterilized-qe.jpg
(Pict source)

Singaporean politicians leveraging on the indignity of mean, corrupt & greedy capitalist to demand higher salaries (misrepresenting the meaning of the term 'dignity'):
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
- MP Lim Wee Kiak apologises for comments on pay
YqUYU.jpg
[IMG URL]

How much $$$ the Singapore gahmen has since printed, leveraging on USA FED QE as a lame excuse.
MAS-+Singapore+Money+Supply+(DBU).JPG
[pict source: https://secure.mas.gov.sg/msb-xml/Re...=I&tableID=I.1 ]

The ultimate outcome of all this QE: a quality of life for the average citizen, no different/ worse than that of the average Zimbabwean given that the Zimbabweans have ALREADY learnt their lesson (not to trust Mugabe too much)... Cash that can buy NOTHING...
zimbabwe-inflation-boy.jpg
Caption: Currency to exchange for gold please- takers, anyone?[Image source]

More Picts:
Children of rich Singapore politicians jeering at/ abusing poor people:
wsm.jpg
Wee Shu Min elitism controversy

Lawlessness/ legal bias in Singapore:
10390015_708862965841705_3579930549839911222_n.jpg
(Pict source)

The man/ system behind it all (In Singapore that is)...

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quantitave Easing is like illegal stimulant drugs: one ALWAYS regrets taking it..

Quantitave Easing is like illegal stimulant drugs: one ALWAYS regrets taking it...(e.g. crystal meth: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine )
humblepie said:
Thread source (discuss): How Quantitave Easing makes average Joe sick, hungry and poor.
a way to put many things that seemingly is correlated together to spread mass pandemonium when it is not within your control. you be better focus on getting your financial foundation in order.
there are much misconception of money printing and quantitative easing. most make it seem they really understand how the economic machine works when it is such a complex subject. most of the time, they are just copying from one misleading source.
this article basically puts the singapore incumbent in cahoots with the US federal reserve and you wonder whether the singapore incumbent have that much of an influence over that of another countries federal reserve.
Singapore is like any other 3rd world country that prints $$$. The question is not IF since my annexed Pict of Singapore $$$ supply over the last 22 plus years is like at a compound rate of 8.77%. The question is thus HOW MUCH which is obviously a complex question to answer since we are NO LONGER on the gold standard which would have made things easier to measure (e.g. maintaining the gold to dollar exchange rate): today however, fiat currency can only be valued at the worth of a government (intellect/ leadership capability, real, non-rigged democratic mandate, gahmen physical assets/ precious metal cache, gahmen intellectual property etc): maybe approximated by real GDP though again even real GDP figures are easily rigged for short term benefit such as by using QE to artificially surpress currency interest rates/ importing cheap labour from abroad using dictatorial powers so that GDP gets a sterile boost even if such lax immigration policies result in social mayhem down the road.

So yes, the $inkie gahmen knows no better than any other bankrupt 3rd world state but to copy the USA in its QE efforts by similarly/ responsively/ proportionately rigging USD:SGD rates (as the USA FED depreciates theirs) so the exchange rate remains constant when the lack of QE by Singapore would have led the SGD to naturally strengthen: which the gahmen refuses to do since they know that innovation and productivity of Singapore is currently sub-par and so the only way to defend exports is to let the SGD depreciate +/- the USD depreciation rate.

Judging by gold/ property/asset prices, SGD value has depreciated a lot: thus the grouses by many about how the 5Cs have become more so out of reach and how health care (HC) has become unaffordable, even when these (HC/ HDB) were generally affordable to earlier generations during their respective chronological periods. Retirees have also complained about healthcare inflation far exceeding the interest paid on their savings $$$ resulting in healthcare becoming beyond the means for most.

Praise QE/ Abenomics to high heaven if you wish or deny SG incumbent politicians participation, yet U have to destroy the incontrovertible evidence of $$$ printing by SG gahmen to the tune of 8.77% p.a. average over last 22 yrs to say so...
Put blinkers over your own eyes if U want to, but my eyes will sieve out the truth: always.

QE without structural reform focused upon raising the plight of the poor is like upgrading the engine oil ($$$) to that of the highest quality at the expense of leaving the axle broken (rampant political corruption/ incompetence e.g. Olympus, Fukushima nuclear kahboom etc) and the steering loose (poorly trained/ educated population, low fertility rate etc) any plain car mechanic will tell you that you have gotten your priorities really MISPLACED.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Quantitave Easing is like illegal stimulant drugs: one ALWAYS regrets taking it.

yes q.e is making me stay poor by boosting this ridiculous over inflated market....let the fucking market crash already so i can buy buy buy!!!!

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Quantitave Easing is like illegal stimulant drugs: one ALWAYS regrets taking it.

This is true. QE was never correct in the first place but they deemed it necessary for their own self interests. It would have been a lot better to have taken the medicine there and then and then slowly recover. It is still not too late to remove the drug immediately and suffer some withdrawal symptoms for a period of time and then get back on track but the powers that be have elected to delay proper recovery by sticking to this ill advised solution thereby kicking the can of troubles further down the road. It will take a long long time before this poison is bled from the system. Just hope that in the interim nothing really bad happens, natural or otherwise, to bugger everything up again.Then we will have double the trouble and some of the economically weaker countries may never recover.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes q.e is making me stay poor by boosting this ridiculous over inflated market....let the fucking market crash already so i can buy buy buy!!!!
U are NO BETTER than Krugman, use artificial/ dishonest ways of market manipulation to get rich. Greed will be your downfall.

I always remember that with big brains like Buffet, Sorros around, one better thread carefully cos it is so easy to lose all...

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is true. QE was never correct in the first place but they deemed it necessary for their own self interests. It would have been a lot better to have taken the medicine there and then and then slowly recover. It is still not too late to remove the drug immediately and suffer some withdrawal symptoms for a period of time and then get back on track but the powers that be have elected to delay proper recovery by sticking to this ill advised solution thereby kicking the can of troubles further down the road. It will take a long long time before this poison is bled from the system. Just hope that in the interim nothing really bad happens, natural or otherwise, to bugger everything up again.Then we will have double the trouble and some of the economically weaker countries may never recover.
QE is an addictive drug just like heroin and some amphetamines... Guess this QE-drug laden trip can only result in death from overdose as in the street versions have celebrities from M Jackson to Marylin Monroe met their end.

Maybe a thremo-nuclear war, one can only guess, but a monstrosity is in the cooking, and modern humanity as we know it will at last meet its end...

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

QE is an addictive drug just like heroin and some amphetamines... Guess this QE-drug laden trip can only result in death from overdose as in the street versions have celebrities from M Jackson to Marylin Monroe met their end.

Maybe a thremo-nuclear war, one can only guess, but a monstrosity is in the cooking, and modern humanity as we know it will at last meet its end...

I am somewhat more optimistic that this economic malady could be resolved without such a drastic occurance. It would need a concerted and disciplined effort by the major economic powers to start the healing. However they do not appear to have the political will to do this at the moment and often baulk at taking the sensible but tough measures to tackle this. They prefer to take the easy way out which is not a way out at all.