• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When in SG you can get an ND Award if your police cars are burned by rioters

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 Home Team officers receive Commendation Medal in National Day Awards

The officers were among the first to respond to the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year.

home-team-commendations.jpg
Honoured Home Team officers (from left): Staff sergeant Mydeen Sahul Hameed, assistant superintendent of police (ASP) Edwin Yong Wen Wei, ASP Jonathan Tang Wenhao and senior station inspector (2) Akhbar Ali. (Photo: TODAY/Ernest Chua)

SINGAPORE: Ten Home Team officers from both the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) were awarded the Commendation Medal in this year's National Day Awards. The officers were among the first to respond to the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year.

Some, like Senior Station Inspector Akhbar Ali and Assistant Superintendent Jonathan Tang from the SPF, formed a cordon to assist SCDF officers who were extricating the body of a foreign worker knocked down by a bus. They said the medal was representative of the team effort displayed by the SPF, and that they also came out stronger from the event and learnt some valuable lessons.

However, events of that fateful night remain etched in their memory. Mr Akhbar recalls how his police vehicle was flipped over: "There was one point when they started to flip over my vehicle and that is the first time in my life where I saw and heard a police car being overturned by people. And that car belonged to me. The incident is still in my mind because I was about less than 20, 30 metres away from my vehicle when they overturned it."

When asked what he had learnt from the incident and how it had improved his team in terms of leadership and decisiveness, Mr Tang said: "We learnt to work better under stress. We learnt to expect what is unexpected. These kind of things do not happen often but it does not mean it cannot happen at all. So we make sure that we are mentally prepared that when you arrive at the scene, it might not be what you thought it was. And then we learnt to deal with that, react and then resolve the problem as soon as possible."

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at all those faces and you'll know it's not a "genuine award" given out to them.
It's just a wayang political agenda spun by the MIW to cover back their face with a new mask.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just look at all those faces and you'll know it's not a "genuine award" given out to them.
It's just a wayang political agenda spun by the MIW to cover back their face with a new mask.

Yep, they don't feel proud. Should have monetary award for them too.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha, this can only be when you have a country with incompetent PM giving awards to his incompetent civil servants.

malu lah!

And the 60.1 AMK GRC voters keep voting for an incompetent, saboed the rest of Singaporeans.

Shithead AMK GRC voters better wake up!

10 Home Team officers receive Commendation Medal in National Day Awards

The officers were among the first to respond to the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year.

home-team-commendations.jpg
Honoured Home Team officers (from left): Staff sergeant Mydeen Sahul Hameed, assistant superintendent of police (ASP) Edwin Yong Wen Wei, ASP Jonathan Tang Wenhao and senior station inspector (2) Akhbar Ali. (Photo: TODAY/Ernest Chua)

SINGAPORE: Ten Home Team officers from both the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) were awarded the Commendation Medal in this year's National Day Awards. The officers were among the first to respond to the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year.

Some, like Senior Station Inspector Akhbar Ali and Assistant Superintendent Jonathan Tang from the SPF, formed a cordon to assist SCDF officers who were extricating the body of a foreign worker knocked down by a bus. They said the medal was representative of the team effort displayed by the SPF, and that they also came out stronger from the event and learnt some valuable lessons.

However, events of that fateful night remain etched in their memory. Mr Akhbar recalls how his police vehicle was flipped over: "There was one point when they started to flip over my vehicle and that is the first time in my life where I saw and heard a police car being overturned by people. And that car belonged to me. The incident is still in my mind because I was about less than 20, 30 metres away from my vehicle when they overturned it."

When asked what he had learnt from the incident and how it had improved his team in terms of leadership and decisiveness, Mr Tang said: "We learnt to work better under stress. We learnt to expect what is unexpected. These kind of things do not happen often but it does not mean it cannot happen at all. So we make sure that we are mentally prepared that when you arrive at the scene, it might not be what you thought it was. And then we learnt to deal with that, react and then resolve the problem as soon as possible."

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha, this can only be when you have a country with incompetent PM giving awards to his incompetent civil servants.

malu lah!

And the 60.1 AMK GRC voters keep voting for an incompetent, saboed the rest of Singaporeans.

Shithead AMK GRC voters better wake up!

Not only AMK voters. Voters in other estates too.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Indians working in LHL civil servants office .... something is not right here.

Chinese are going over to Oppo parties? Then good news...

Still cant understand why he queue at chicken stall for? Any PA CCC member HDB main contractors can queue for him?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"There was one point when they started to flip over my vehicle and that is the first time in my life where I saw and heard a police car being overturned by people. And that car belonged to me. The incident is still in my mind because I was about less than 20, 30 metres away from my vehicle when they overturned it."

is flipping a car such a fucking big deal and need to address it like some war broken out??? and you should be disgrace that you never handle the situation properly and lost your car.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"There was one point when they started to flip over my vehicle and that is the first time in my life where I saw and heard a police car being overturned by people. And that car belonged to me. The incident is still in my mind because I was about less than 20, 30 metres away from my vehicle when they overturned it."

Wow, that means you're like a captain who abandoned a sinking ship. Or a pilot who parachuted out when the plane is about to crash.

Cowards also can get National Day award. Sinkieland is truly going down the shitters. :rolleyes:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

His police car got flipped over and burnt by ah neh rioters and yet the paps gave him the stupid award for letting the ah nehs burn his car. What is wrong with those MIW?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ahahahaha we should give the ah nehs an award instead,because its obvious they are used to hearing and seeing a police car being overturned by people and they knew what to expect!!!

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this arkbah is a farktard. they burn HIS car and all he does is wimp on the media. goto fARK LTA and make them pay back residual COE and scrap value lah.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
you care to intro them a job that reward a wuss with 10% payrise and throw in a medal as well?