• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Batam New immigration rule

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tourists are refused entry into the island for failing to keep quiet.

I actually witnessed this before where the immigration officer actually stood up and shouted at the whole lot for being noisy. They will stare at you as if going to pick a fight if you talk.

I guess that this "power" gives them an ego boost for whatever little that is left in them.

Several Singaporeans found themselves turned back from Batam immigration yesterday after possibly flouting new rules.
Miss Ann Fernandez and two friends were among a group of eight who were turned back from the Batam Centre Ferry Terminal after taking the 9.40am ferry there.

The 33-year-old tutor said they were waiting to clear Indonesian immigration when an officer made them, along with another woman, stand in a separate line. Their travel documents were also taken away, she said.

The women said a senior immigration officer made an announcement to the entire hall and gestured at a sign which portrayed a finger on the lips.
"It wasn't until much later that another officer came out of a room and asked us to follow him," she said. "He also handed our passports to a worker from the ferry service operator."

They were taken to the departure point, where there were another four Singaporeans who had apparently been picked out earlier for either talking or using their mobile phones.

Miss Fernandez said immigration officers could have at least told the group what they had done wrong. They found out more details only after they returned to Singapore.
A previous report in Chinese evening daily, Shin Min Daily News, quoted ferry operator Wave Master Holidays Club saying that about 50 Singaporeans are turned back every week. - Maureen Koh

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Good work. That'll teach loud mouthed sinkies to shut the fuck up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many entry points have signs warning against using you handphones. Haven't seen anyone breaking these rules so don't now what would happen.

So now I do:eek:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When custom officer ask for kopi duit maybe they dont want to give, so L L got to return to singapore :biggrin:

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's bad for tourism. who is running batam now? i guess i cannot expect much from muslim. incompetent as usual.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's bad for tourism. who is running batam now? i guess i cannot expect much from muslim. incompetent as usual.

i dont know why sinkies bother w that fucking dump.....at least JB is better these days....not so much fucking nonsense from their custom officers

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys are too noisy and the custom officer very difficult to send the message of the amount of money needed to cross the custom...:rolleyes:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid stinkees, don't go Batam and for that matter, Indo, will die issit?

Face a little problem here and there than don't go that place... Than you can just stay in Singapore or whatever country you are in... Name me a place that people don't give problem... So long there are peoples, there are problems...

Who is stupid now??? If you are sinkee than you are right...:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many entry points have signs warning against using you handphones. Haven't seen anyone breaking these rules so don't now what would happen.

So now I do:eek:

Almost all custom have sign not using handphone even SG same due to security reason. All are ban from using mobile phone.

Stupid sinkies, should have ask kastam officer, "how to settle?".

Sinkie are talk black and white. NO grey.
Sinkie are not street smart.